Thread: [SUBMOD] Permanent Arrows on the battlefield

El Monstero29's Avatar Semisalis

Default [SUBMOD] Permanent Arrows on the battlefield

Someone requested I bring the permanent arrow tweak to EBII, and here it is!

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Arrows that strike the ground will last for a full 60 minute battle. Flaming arrows will burn for 45 seconds before fading out. Arrows that strike walls will disappear shortly as normal. Pin cushion walls are just unseemly!

This tweak is very cpu intensive and will most likely cause fps problems in battles involving lots of archers, but the visual effect is worth it when you're going for some epic screen archery or just want to make your battles that much more immersive. That said, I wouldn't really try this unless you have a pretty modern cpu. I'm running an i7 3770k @ stock speeds(which is almost as old as Rome itself these days, but still). It can handle this tweak but only just. Anything newer than this should be able to handle this tweak moderately better. It basically comes down to that single core strength since the game is single core bound.

Anyways, I've included two files in the download; one for permanent arrows and the other is the vanilla file, in case you decide to revert back due to performance.

Enjoy!

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/file/a77jc9...for%20EBII.rar

Installation: To install simply merge the data folder in the download with your EBII data folder. Say yes to the overwrite prompt.

Default Re: [SUBMOD] Permanent Arrows on the battlefield

finally! it comes to EBII too. thank you

You are most welcome

Quote Originally Posted by El Monstero29 View Post
    You are most welcome
    will this still work with 2.35? curious whether i can run in with the highest unit detail on my i7 4790 @4.00 ghz
    thanks

I haven't downloaded it yet to try it out, but from skimming through the change log I don't see any reason this tweak shouldn't still work.

Quote Originally Posted by El Monstero29 View Post
    I haven't downloaded it yet to try it out, but from skimming through the change log I don't see any reason this tweak shouldn't still work.
    got you, will give it a go and report back if there's any trouble. thanks for this

Foederatus

Would it be possible to have this tweak apply to javelins too?

I tried to get it working with javelins too, but no, it seems that it's not possible.