Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rome Total War Randomiser

Default Re: Rome Total War Randomiser

Very nice it’s good to see this game worked on by others.

Very nice tool but my only gripe its the randomization of unit spacing in formations complety breaks the battles and the pathfinding in towns crashing a lot due to that. No matter what option I choose(even only use random regions) the unit spacing always changes and its making it unplayable.

King Athelstan's Avatar The Wheel Weaves
    Blog Entries

Well done, will be interesting to try this out!
    Proudly under the patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader
    Proud patron of 4zumi, Akar, CommodusIV ,Swaeft
    and Peaman

Quote Originally Posted by wolf-yop View Post
    Very nice tool but my only gripe its the randomization of unit spacing in formations complety breaks the battles and the pathfinding in towns crashing a lot due to that. No matter what option I choose(even only use random regions) the unit spacing always changes and its making it unplayable.
    hmm, I've taken a look and can't seem to replicate the formation problem. It's an odd one as the randomiser never touches the formation values.

I did however get a crash during a battle so something is definitely up, i'll investigate and see if I can figure it out. My first thought is that it's mostly likely the random attributes causing the crash.

Thanks for the feedback too without feedback like this finding crashes and bugs is a humongous task for a program like this, especially when it's rome crashing.
    Rome Total War Randomiser --- Thread --- Source Code

RTWLIB --- C#Library for manipulating and parsing the Rome Total War files. WIP.

Arto's Avatar Praefectus
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Well done, good to see that there's even a better randomizer than Aurun's one.

Here have some rep!
    Knowledge is a deadly friend, if no one sets the rules. The fate of all mankind I see, is in the hands of fools - King Crimson's Epitaph.
    תחי מדינת ישראל

Hi, Love the idea but cant get it to work!
    The Randomiser itself works. I can start up Rome and select a faction but once i hit start game it crashes once the loading bar is fillled.
    I have windows 8 and tried running as admin and different compatibilities but no joy. The vanilla Rome itself works perfectly.
    Any ideas how to get it to run?

I'm interested in this but also have a request - to have certain regulation based on rules.
    To give example mode;
    When the game starts the game chooses your culture, for example greek, than you have greek cities on the map and greek themed music and greek generals.
    Than you'll be put on a random place on the map and scrambled spot just like the CPU.
    Than you get a random selection of units roster possible from all factions based on tiers, let's say britannia charriot carts are tier 6 and plebs are tier 1, the game picks at least 1 from each tier to complete your unit roster.

^Something in this direction

It's fun to add more random elements to this but if you don't include regulations to them I think 1 out of 10 games become unplayable or cluster ***

I would actually play this.

Fahnat's Avatar Biarchus
    Citizen

Blog Entries

Will try this to see how it works.
    It sound really interesting and a good idea for a playthrough.

Are you still working on the mod?

A new update!

See here for download and information: Randomiser v1.8-alpha
    See here for further details: Wiki
    See here for planned features: Road-map

The mod should be a lot more stable now, crashing should be less frequent and some localisation issues have been taken care of.

Since I last updated this thread there's also been some tool additions! See below in the spoiler tag.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    There's now an EDU viewer:

A descr_strat viewer:

and a diplomacy viewer:

Last edited by Aaronbaron; July 21, 2020 at 03:10 AM.
    Rome Total War Randomiser --- Thread --- Source Code

RTWLIB --- C#Library for manipulating and parsing the Rome Total War files. WIP.

King Athelstan's Avatar The Wheel Weaves
    Blog Entries

Great work dude, always nice to see updates after a year of inactivity!
    Proudly under the patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader
    Proud patron of 4zumi, Akar, CommodusIV ,Swaeft
    and Peaman

Awesome work man, I love it! I am curious though, if it would be possible to make this randomiser work on the "Mundus Magnus" Campaign map? Or would that be impossible?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12