Page 1 of 20 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: [The Elder Scrolls - Unofficial Patch 1.42] TES Newbloods V

Jadli's Avatar The Fallen God
    Gaming Emeritus

Default [The Elder Scrolls - Unofficial Patch 1.42] TES Newbloods V

The Elder Scrolls Newbloods V - Morrowind
    (Unofficial)

Are you new to the hotseating or havent even started yet? Then this is a hotseat for you!

Welcome to Morrowind dear Newbloods. We will be using my Unoffcial Patch 1.42 for The Elder Scrolls. Info about the mod and download links can be found
    HERE (you can also use this FULL Link. Only extract into your mods)This campaign shall be taking place in Morrowind, a region of Tamriel, during the events of The Elder Scrolls III Morrowind and The Red Year.

Only newbloods are allowed to join. Newbloods are those, who have no, or a very little experience with hotseating.

The Winner shall receive a signature.

(Please note this is not a Gaming Staff hosted hotseat, unlike the previous hotseats of this series of mine)

Factions

Tamriel Empire - REDBOOSTY
    Tribunal Temple - joker

Great House Telvanni - OPEN
    Great House Redoran - Turkafinwe
    Great House Dres - Giagos

Tribes of Ashlanders - AI
    Great House Hlaalu - DEAD

Great House Dagoth (unplayable)
    Tribes of Blackmarsh (unplayable)

Admin - joerock22
    Co-admin - OPEN

Nerevarine, Dagoth Ur and The Tribunal
    (Dagoth Ur faction is controlled by an admin (me), and will be fighting you all in Vvardenfell (the big isle in the middle))

- In order for you to win the hotseat, Dagoth Ur must be destroyed.
    - Dagoth Ur can be slained only by Nerevarine, no any other army. Nerevarine is controlled by Great House Dres (so this way all houses can participate) and starts close to Vivec City.
    - if Ghostgate is held by an allied faction (to house Dres), Nerevarine can cross the Ghostfence without having to take Ghostgate (would be moved to the other side of the wall via admin console).
    - For as long as Dagoth Ur lives, The Tribunal Temple must fight him.
    - And for as long as Nerevarine lives, The Tribunal cant attack Great House Dres (until Dagoth Ur is defeated, then it will not matter anymore.

Later there might be also some smaller events, and much later there could be some sort of Red Year.

Map updates
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

The Rules
    - Time for a player to play his turn is 24h. The Admin may grant an extension occasionally.
    - No exploits/bugs allowed: Posting defeats, making walls of units on map to disallow enemy agents to move and stomping/killing agents with units, surrounding armies/navies to deny retreat, intentionally spreading a plague with agents/units, stepping on a merchant to remove him from a trade resource, exploiting AI factions ( for example demanding/accepting money or settlements from AI factions), and more.

- Suiciding a faction you play is not allowed, and may result into a removal from all hotseats.

- Diplomacy is allowed, however there can be only one winner.

- List of known bugs:

1) The naval fort bug: No using ships to bypass a fort's or a settlement's Zone of Control.

2) Ambush fort bug: No luring men in ambush position into ZoC of forts\settlement's as such robbing them of their movement points.

3) Siege reinforcement bug: when the army is adjacent to a fort or a settlements that has been put under siege it cannot reinforce armies adjacent to him which he should have been able to reinforce on normal occasions. Attacking an army which the siege reinforcements bug applies to is not allowed
    Navy inside ports attacked bug: no using this bug to attack ships which are inside ports.

4) Yoyo armies\forts bug: no attacking an army which the bug has been used on multiple times. You can see when this bug occurs, as the enemy army enters the fort and then leaves it.

5) Attacking ships inside the port - Attacking ships that are inside ports is not allowed.

6) Recruitment pool fill up - Quing up units in the recruitment sloots to increase artifically units/agents maximum number you can recruit in one settlement.

7) Recruting mercenaries in forts with depleted movement points - Using forts to get illegal maximum movement points to mercenaries in a depleted army.

8) Using ships to get more movement range - Using ships to give more movement range to armies on seas.

Military rules

- No one turn peace ( although you cannot attack land of the enemy alliance, if they hasnt played their first turn yet. You can cross lands of a faction that hasnt played its 1st turn yet, if your army doesnt stand in enemy territory after its movement).
    - All battles are auto-resolved. Screenshots must be posted with: odds and result screens, mouse over the odds bar to show the ratio, the armies involved with their banners visible on the campaign map, unit card of siege unit must be visible if used to directly assault settlement. In some matches manual battles against AI will be allowed.
    - Armies that are defeated in battle by a player that comes after them in the turn list may not move the following turn. This is to make it fair for people who are defeated by players that come before them in the turn list.Armies standing in a settlement when defeated are excluded from this rule.
    Heroic victories against players are not be allowed. However, occasionally it happens player cant get any other type of victory then heroic victory. In such cases heroic victories maybe allowed, but only if the odds are higher for the attacker than 1:1 and it is a navy battle.

- You are not allowed to post a defeat
    - Ships cannot leave blockaded ports. No attacking ships in ports using a game bug. It's not allowed to keep units protected by placing them in ships docked in a port.
    -Not allowed to besiege a settlement to deny its garrison participation in battle.
    - You are not allowed to besiege a settlement to deny enemy retreat into it.
    - Not allowed to build watchtowers.
    - You are not allowed to lure an ambushing army a tile closer to bring it in range of more of your forces.
    - Limit of 2 forts per region per faction. At least 4 per fort are required.
    - Each unit of siege equipment can be used just once in each turn to take settlement.
    Ballistas can assault wooden walls and forts,
    catapults can also assault basic stone walls/castles,
    and trebuchets can also assault also large stone walls and fortresses.

- Huge stone walls, citadels and lore capitals cannot be assaulted by any unit of siege equipment, only a siege.

Agent rules

- Spies are not allowed to open Gates on players, unless there is at least 60% (for capitals, huge stone walls, citadels its 80%) chance of entering into the settlement. If a spy was has been in city for several turns, you will have to leave the settlement and enter it again. If inside the settlement is at least 1200 soldiers (720 for capitals, citadels, huge stone walls ), than a spy may not open the gates anyway. Screenshots must be provided
    - Assassins cannot sabotage and are not allowed to kill family members or generals. Assassins need at least 60% chance to kill other agents, for enemy assassins/spies just 30% is required. Screenshots must be provided
    - Merchants need 60% to acquire other merchant's assets. Only allowed in your own regions, Rebel Controlled Regions, or regions you have aquired Trade rights to. Screenshots required

- Bribed units/agents cant move for one turn. You can bribe only settlements/forts that your armies can directly march into.

Settlement rules

- Destruction of buildings is not allowed. Only exceptions are churches of foreign religions. They can be destroyed immediately after taking a settlement
    - Not allowed to exterminate settlements.
    - Two factions can trade maximally one settlement per turn. Such settlements musnt be in war zone.

It is also highly recomended you check some of these hotseating guides

Last edited by Mergor; June 07, 2019 at 03:19 AM. Reason: updated

Default Re: [TES NB HS] TES Newbloods V - Morrowind (Unofficial) - SIGN UP

Great house Telvanni please! Also is it possible to get you to sub for me next week if im on break with no computer access?

Tribunal temple not telvanni*

I would like to play Tamriel Empire, I have never played a HS before so this should be fun.

Gaming Emeritus

Yours

Although, the two "invited" players (dijitalpaladin and RogueGeneral) has signed up before, thus they can technically claim one of your factions, should they want it

Just curious how different will the map be? Presumably armies will be shifted/balanced but will we control the settlements we normally would?

Gaming Emeritus

Well, there will likely be no rebel settlements. Lotta changes to starting armies postions, generals, buildings etc will be done. Skyrim will be out of bounds, as well as Black marsh (or most of it at least). I might keep eastern Nibenay in game, not sure yet

Yessir I'll continue with my old pick.

Gaming Emeritus

Alright, we are starting this weeked. Im waiting on a response from some potentional 6th player. If we dont get a 6th player, I would likely remove either Empire or Dres, so we could start.

There goes a test save, so you can check out starting positions. Feel free to make some suggestions on balance http://www.mediafire.com/file/bnebgx...ind%20TEST.sav

(If you havent downloaded the patch recently, you might have to redowload, as I have updated the files few days ago)

Some more small changes will be done to the scenario, will also add Nerevarine (not sure to which faction yet) and some small "RP" rules about Nerevarine and The Sixth House.

Starting map:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

So if we don't get sixth player someone will be forced to play Redoran/Dres?

Gaming Emeritus

If we dont have a player for a faction, the faction would be removed (and lands divided to other factions). Nobody would be playing two factions

Quote Originally Posted by Jadli View Post
    Alright, we are starting this weeked. Im waiting on a response from some potentional 6th player. If we dont get a 6th player, I would likely remove either Empire or Dres, so we could start.

I do hope that the Empire is not removed!

Gaming Emeritus

Well, would make more sense than Dres... (you would ofc get a new faction)
    Last edited by Jadli; March 14, 2018 at 03:05 AM.

Ramble12's Avatar Domesticus

It would also help if you guys invite your friends interested in hotseating and/or strategies

I might have someone who is a noob at this game, I will ask him in a day or two. What day will we be starting the hotseat on?

ArBo's Avatar Senator

When all the spots are filled, Jadli will post the starting save. If you think you might be able to get another player, I'm sure he can wait two days

Something very sad and unexpected happened so the guy I was trying to get to join can not. I will play The Great House Dres if the great Empire is removed.

Hi I re-downloaded today from the complete 1.42 link you have in the original post but the save doesn't work do I need to use a different link?

Gaming Emeritus

You mean the full download? Well, thats weird... Are you sure you installed it properly, are using correct TES folder (if you have multiple ones), etc?

Maybe try the quick hotfix I posted in Black Drake, make sure you extract into correct folder (it must ask you to overwrite). It should be included in the full link, but worth of try...

Yes that hotfix seems to have worked

Page 1 of 20 1234567891011 ... LastLast