Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: [CURRENT RELEASE] WTW 1.0 BETA DOWNLOAD

Domesticus

Default Re: [CURRENT RELEASE] WTW 1.0 BETA DOWNLOAD

Hallelujah! After many years we have a version to download! It was from 2012 that I was waiting to download it! I already have white hats!

Apart from the jokes! Congratulations to the whole team for the great work!

Domesticus

Hello everyone!

I'm going to make some changes to the faces of the units.

I want to add different faces to make each unit with different and not all the same faces.

In the future I want to make changes and additions in clothing and helmets.

I am getting an error when running the exe or bat file: "kingdoms.exe not found". I only have one exe medieval2.exe but I do have the Kingdoms expansion too, they are just launched with the appropriate argument: "xxxxxxx\medieval2.exe" --features.mod=mods/americas. Can I run it the same way with --features.mod=mods/WTW? Will that work? What should I do?

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

I haven't bothered checking in here for a very long time, about a year I think, so I guess a congratulations are in order for the WTW team for finally releasing this mod. I am worried about the lackluster response here, though. It appears that most of your fan base has vanished over the years, while waiting for the mod. Still, better late than never!

Quote Originally Posted by Roma_Victrix View Post
    I haven't bothered checking in here for a very long time, about a year I think, so I guess a congratulations are in order for the WTW team for finally releasing this mod. I am worried about the lackluster response here, though. It appears that most of your fan base has vanished over the years, while waiting for the mod. Still, better late than never!
    It's an unfortunate reality of modding. Whether it's fair or not, people expect things in a time frame that each person feels is reasonable. If there's long hiatuses (hiatusi?), then only the real addicts stick around (I have a problem). I only saw the Beta release because SoulGames' playthrough popped up on my YouTube. Otherwise it could have been quite some time before I checked of my own accord. I always come back though because in particular the strategy scene has been lackluster from the AAA devs. Just nothing has come out to pull my wallet out since Battle for Middle Earth 2. Total War, BFME and the C&C series used to be my bread and butter but they're dead in the water to me. So I support my Indie Devs modding my M2TW . If EA's mobile phone app is the future of strategy gaming then I will probably just quit gaming altogether. Or invent a time machine and go back to 2006.

Oh yea. Thanks for mod release guys!

I am enjoying with him like never. Thank you very much!
    (from Spain)

Wallachian's Avatar Citizen

Why is this place so damned quiet?!

Thanks for all your work - have been following this for years and years and years and happy to see it released. Thanks again.

Selerz's Avatar Civis

Thanks!

Hi, congrats for finishing the mod!

I've been waiting for this since maybe 2013 or so. You really should have put regular updates online every 3 months or so, that way the fans here like me would have had the chance not only to enjoy it, but they could have helped with bug reports etc all the way - which is I suppose the reason why it took so long - the bugs and troubleshooting. I am 90% sure that that would also have motivated numerus fans with coding skills to join your team and help you out.

Now I myself waited until somewhere in 2016 or so. After that I gave up. Now I don't even have any mojo to download and try it anymore, the memory of frustration and so on is too fresh.

But nethertheless: Congrats for finishing it! All the best wishes.

Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

Hey guys, i just wanted to say that some of the mods issues might be due to too many stratmap-models/variations:

1. When using too many faction variations for stratmap generals, cities, resources etc - the mod will still start but is going to cause random CTD when exiting to the menu, exiting out of a battle, moving on the stratmap etc.

This could be one of the reasons for such issues in your mod.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again
    but betrayal with treachery.

- The Havamal

Korpskog's Avatar Praepositus

Most definetly the most enoying random ctd!

I supose you could cut stratmodel features out of the game but would reduce the maps flavour
    "Får jag kalla dig Bajen? Det är lättare att komma ihåg..."

Quote Originally Posted by Korpskog View Post
    Most definetly the most enoying random ctd!

I supose you could cut stratmodel features out of the game but would reduce the maps flavour
    Agreed - i've reached this limit in both Warcraft: Total war and a submod for Hyrule. All i can say is i had no choice but to choose stability over variations on the strat-map. That is the reason why the Human stratmap settlements will still be vanilla, as well as the Dwarves - while the others have custom reskins.

In Hyrule i found a way around the same issue with too many stratmap-variations - because Undying Nephalim had removed the feature of upgradeable settlements, and instead added that as buildings. So the settlements never change, which means the variations for the starting settlements were enough in quantity and not too many.

- I think the Westeros 1.0 map and everything is gorgeous. The limit is for all types of stratmap material. So to fix the issue one would need to remove resources/strat-generals/color-variations/settlement-color-variations/stratmap custom models - doesn't matter which. Even reskins count and as such it would be better to remove color variations than model variations.

I don't really know where the limit is drawn - only that when enough variations are removed the CTD will be gone. So there clearly is a limit on variations, if one wants the mod to run without that ctd.

Yep - it's unfortunate it's either less features or the ctd..
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; November 08, 2018 at 07:27 AM.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again

- The Havamal

@Mr_Nygren,
    Interesting! I hadn't noticed it happening much on Westeros - but then I haven't tested/played it that much either...
    I did definitely have problems on same lines with PKH when trying to develop that.

As I haven't seen much mentioned in the workshop about the problem I've started a thread there and quoted your posts.

Quote Originally Posted by makanyane View Post
    @Mr_Nygren,
    Interesting! I hadn't noticed it happening much on Westeros - but then I haven't tested/played it that much either...
    I did definitely have problems on same lines with PKH when trying to develop that.

As I haven't seen much mentioned in the workshop about the problem I've started a thread there and quoted your posts.
    I did read your two posts on the matter, and additional older posts from 2016 linked in the other thread. At first i had no clue what PKH stood for - but i know now that it's a mod you've been working on.

Thank you, i am surprised no thread had lifted the issue yet.

- The Havamal

I love this mod a lot and this is the only Total War I play these days. I am just curious, will the full 1.0 be released sometime soon or will it be under development for a while?

Korpskog's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by TAEHSAEN View Post
    I love this mod a lot and this is the only Total War I play these days. I am just curious, will the full 1.0 be released sometime soon or will it be under development for a while?
    I have seen no team acitivty since release so I guess not. I think we all who have been working on this feels just like its a huge lift of our shoulders that it is partially released. If somebody else wants to develop it further I suggest getting in touch with Hannibal for all the permissions.Glad you like the mod!
    "Får jag kalla dig Bajen? Det är lättare att komma ihåg..."

True that is a huge accomplishment by itself. Honestly there is no need for any more changes. All 1.0 needs is to fix the prominent bugs from the beta and call it the final version. It's just that they are so close to the finish line

aves's Avatar Military Historian

Congrats! Looks good

Hengest's Avatar It's a joke

Anyone able to run this on Mac?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast