Thread: ireland : how do i get my mercians troops to ireland ?

Default ireland : how do i get my mercians troops to ireland ?

do i need long boats ? ships ? i have some slip aways, but long boat build option doesn't come up ? all my ports are blockaded by viking ships; thanks

Frunk's Avatar Form Follows Function
    Moderator Emeritus

Default Re: ireland : how do i get my mercians troops to ireland ?

Hi qmuddy2, welcome to TWC!

You definitely need ships in the Irish Sea, and I'm pretty sure you will need to destroy the Viking ships in that sea as well.

What I don't remember is whether you can create ships, or how.

Libertus

if you have shipbuilding facilities ( slipway etc) you ought to be able to build some ships, or boats at least. Viking ships will only blockade you if you are at war with them, or if they control the territory you want to invade... otherwise all you need is a port where your army is, and a chain of ships linking this through all the sea regions to the shoreline of the province you want to invade.

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

The first ship building the player can build is the boat builder and all it requires is to have these buildings present.

Warhold or Port - it dosn't matter what's being built first then one more building needs to be built and that's a Fortified Village before being able to build the Boat Builder.

The port takes four turns to build and the warhold only one turn, so start with the warhold then continue with the fortified village (2 turn) and then the port.
    Last edited by Leonardo; March 06, 2018 at 03:56 AM. Reason: I forgot to mention one building
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.