Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: WTW 1.0 (Beta) Bug Reports

Seki's Avatar Laetus

Default Re: WTW 1.0 (Beta) Bug Reports

I don't know if this is a bug or it was intended this way,but the Knights of Riverrun have general_unit attribute, which means when you recruit them you get a named character.

HannibalExMachina's Avatar Just a sausage

yeah, thats an oversight, thx.

Seki's Avatar Laetus

Also the upkeep of the Northern Cavalry is 1.

Quote Originally Posted by DrEvilsPjs View Post
    Same problem as another user posted, crashes when I go to do custom battle or a battle in the campaign. Very disappointing
    I had that. Logs weren't helping and turning off 'Summer time' (or whatever it's called in english) on windows clock settings didn't help either (This setting is needed with Third Age). My M2TW was an older non-steam installation that I just copy pasted from a computer to another over the years. I put the serial on steam and downloaded the game from there. I had no problems with the steam version.

Also, use the batch file to launch the game instead of the .exe.

Civis

I have a much more detailed report coming up in the future, but for now, the most apparent one for me is that my Narrow Island Marines have a skin glitch so that some of their faces are incomplete or submerged in their helmets.

Just wanted to report that for after i uninstalled and reinstalled the mod, i do not get the CTD upon exiting the campaign (but i've only tested 1 turn campaigns for a few factions, and a 20 or so turn campaign from a save game before i uninstalled than reinstalled the mod).

A few more things to go on the wishlist :
    - A few minor misspellings for the loading screen quotes.
    - The Northern general unit card for House Stark of Winterfell uses a picture of a Bolton, would prefer Stark haha
    - I think the 'generals bodyguard' for all factions is not completed yet
    - Perhaps more balancing on units in custom battles (e.g. Manderly knights can singlehandedly wipe out a unit of Lannister Household Guards and Lannisport Spearmen even though the latter costs 1.5 times that of the Manderly knights).

Aside from that, all is good and well

1 more thing for custom battles - for Starks - when upgrading the attack bonus for Northern cavalry, the cost is in the thousands when compared to upgrading other units like Stark household guards is around 100 (not sure if relevant to thread as a bug, but thought id just mention it)

Actually editing my previous post 26, for my point on balancing I think I gave a bad example as knights are meant to be the powerhouses of Westeros so they should be really tough. But the cost of some units are out of proportion, and the stats of some units might need to be changed.

K, post 26 i lied. I'm still experiencing the CTD upon exiting the campaign. It seems that you don't CTD if you're only a few turns into the campaign.
    Last edited by HannibalExMachina; March 05, 2018 at 06:33 AM.

Seki's Avatar Laetus

I have been playing Dorne and i found the same problem with the upkeep like the Northern Cavalry. Dornish Scouts, Dornish Bodyguard and Dornish Light Spearmen have a upkeep of 1.

Dornish Nobles are copy/paste of the Dornish Knights,the only difference is the number of soldiers. You can't recruit them so i am guessing they are not yet finished ,but i thought it was worth mentioning.
    Last edited by HannibalExMachina; March 05, 2018 at 07:01 AM.

HannibalExMachina's Avatar Just a sausage

all bodyguards are set at 1 upkeep (if not, tell us plz), since they are nobles bringing their own stuff, and the sheer number of characters would break any economy.

scouts and light spear are indeed oversights. ill add a quickfix asap.

Seki's Avatar Laetus

Yeah, i realized that all bodyguards are 1 gold in upkeep after i reported it , the only ones that have different upkeep are the unique bodyguards like Walders Guards (but faction leader Walder Frey has generic bodyguard unit) and Dorans Guards.

Foederatus

Hi! I'm not sure if my problem is a bug or not. When I unzip on the no-steam medieval version (this is better, for me, to run mods) "mod folder", the game start and a few seconds after, it stops with a null message.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

However, after made a copy of the westeros folder and past on the "mod folder" of medieval-steam version, it run without problem.

Just finished a very enjoyable 80 turn Tyrell campaign, and i've found a few more bugs:
    - When capturing Casterly Rock, the governor does not receive the retinue "Lord of Casterly Rock". However, the governor of Lannisport receives the retinue "Shield of Lannisport". In my instance, i captured Casterly Rock with Willas Tyrell (heir to Highgarden), and when he did not receive the retinue "Lord of Casterly Rock" after staying in the settlement for a turn, i took him out and put another Tyrell general in there (not Loras or Garlan). The same result occurred and that general did not receive the retinue "Lord of Casterly Rock". Despite conquering the whole of the Westerlands, the governor of Casterly Rock still did not receive the "Lord of Casterly Rock" retinue.
    - Characters age very quickly (this includes generals, princesses, diplomats and etc). The campaign for me ended in 303 AC or somewhere close to that, and began in 297 AC (i think, or something like that). Despite a maximum of 10 years passing (being generous here), my generals aged very quickly with Garlan Tyrell being over 50 years old by the end of the campaign when he starts off at like 22 years old. (The good thing is that i had generals in theirs 70s, 80s and 90s, and they were still quite alive ).
    - When capturing King's landing and destroying House Baratheon of Kings Landing, and later House Lannister, the 2 Redwynes in Kings Landing did not spawn (i saw them spawn in 1 of Soul's Westeros playthroughs).
    - When capturing King's Landing with Garlan Tyrell, Garlan as the second son of my faction leader Mace, received the retinue "Lord of the Seven Kingdoms" or something like that. Mace Tyrell received a "Crown". I can not transfer the "Lord of the Seven Kingdoms" retinue to Mace. Is this because i did not change my capital from Highgarden to King's Landing? But i still could not move retinues for characters which claim lordships (e.g. "Lord of the Antlers") to other characters.
    - When playing as a faction other than the Starks, the Starks tend to retreat to the north (although the AI behaviour for the other factions are lore friendly). But near the end, when the Tullys attacked the Freys, the Starks cam down and attacked the Freys too.

Minor issues (not bugs or CTDs):
    - Some of the popup messages such as "Red Comet" and "Beric lives", the grammar is not entirely correct, and the sentences are not whole (but thats just me being a grammar nazi and thought that it was worth mentioning).

1 more thing, i'm too sure if this is a bug or not, but when you don't use your ships for a while, they lose men (e.g. a galley goes from 90 men to 72 men).

Also, the "Knights of Highgarden" have 1 less defence then other Knights such as "Knights of Oldtown" and "Knights of the Rock".

Since others enjoy more "cliche" factions, I decided to play as stinking fish-banner House. First of all there is some problem with Harrenhall, cannot build anything, I click on the building and nothing happens. Secondly, the lady in Harrenhall Shella Whent cannot be moved from the citadel, sometimes you may move her for once, but then she seems stuck. Also one question, can you move lordships' retinues on the mod?

Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by kosmo246 View Post
    Since others enjoy more "cliche" factions, I decided to play as stinking fish-banner House. First of all there is some problem with Harrenhall, cannot build anything, I click on the building and nothing happens. Secondly, the lady in Harrenhall Shella Whent cannot be moved from the citadel, sometimes you may move her for once, but then she seems stuck. Also one question, can you move lordships' retinues on the mod?
    For construction and recruit, you need the lord of Harrenhall at Harrenhall (same for the others castles &cities, ex. at Pyke you need the Pyke's lord, etc). About the second, I don't know

Seki's Avatar Laetus

The reason why you can't build or recruit at Harrenhal is because you activated the fiefdom script, you need a general or a family member with "Lord of Harrenhal" ancillary, Shella Whent has this ancillary but the problem is that the game engine doesn't allow agents to be governors and if you look at the export_descr_ancillaries you can see that all lordship ancillaries are not transferable.In short with the fiefdom script activated you can't recruit/build in towns like Harrrenhal, Widow's Watch, Barrowton. Somebody correct me if i am wrong.

Hi! It seems to me that the script after the death of Renly is broken; whatever I do, if I kill him in the battlefield or with assasins, never happens nothing, and I have to conquer all the stormlands. I know it is not very difficult, but I dont want to kill everybody there before marching to kingslanding.
    By the way, I dont know if it is intended, but when I concess an audience to melissandre, always apears the message "the shadow is not spawned" or something like that, but I always get the assasin. Am I using the scripts correctly?

Anyway, awesome mod!

Tested the mod for Greyjoy, having played 10 moves.
    Ships can not sail on navigable rivers. And music is played from vanilla.
    Last edited by Farin Frostgeir; March 10, 2018 at 10:05 AM. Reason: coreccted error

Korpskog's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by Farin Frostgeir View Post
    Tested the mod for Greyjoy, having played 10 moves.
    Ships can not sail on navigable rivers. And music is played from vanilla.
    Perhaps because all rivers are not navigable? You may sail The Mander up to Highgarden but other then that rivers are not ment to be sailed in Westeros.

The custom made soundtrack is not installed for this version
    "Får jag kalla dig Bajen? Det är lättare att komma ihåg..."

The rivers were made to be navigable but only by certain ships.
    Similar to how Carracks in ME2 could sail to america.

This is to allow the Greyjoys their raider capabilities however they cant disembark everywhere they want for balance reasons.
    If the ships dont work right either you dont have the right ships or there is coding issue.

Or someone messed with the map. *shrug*

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast