Thread: Question on some hidden resources

Warmaster's Avatar Miles

Default Question on some hidden resources

I was just having a look at descr_regions and i noticed that some of the resources that you can get are things like explorers_guild and woodsmens_guild. I was just wondering what exactly they mean? because as far as i know, they dont seem to stop cities that dont have that resource from making that type of guild. And they dont make cities start with that type of guild either, as York (for instance) has both of the resources mentioned above.

So anyway, my point is basically: does anyone know the purpose of these resources? ive searched and i dont seem to find a thread where anyone has discussed it

Default Re: Question on some hidden resources

I have exactly the same question.

Some I can guess at. "Jihad" and "crusade" probably determine whether those actions can be launched against that province. "Horde_target" is pretty self-explanatory ... well, I'm not sure whether it means the hordes will ATTACK that settlement or attempt to SETTLE there (subtle but important distinction).

As for "atlantic" I have no clue, although I probably has to do with discovering America.

The hidden resources for guilds perplexes me. I can't see any requirement under the guild text file or building file, and I know I have been offered explorer's guilds in provinces that don't have that hidden resource. Does it give you a greater chance of getting one there? That would seem inconsistent with the point system for earning guild offers, at least as I presently understand it. I really don't know, and would like to know.