Thread: The God Emperor Will Have His Space Marines or President Trump Proposes Space Forces

Indefinitely Banned

Default The God Emperor Will Have His Space Marines or President Trump Proposes Space Forces

Pew!! Pew!! Pew!!! President Trump has endorsed the idea of space forces as another military branch of these united states.
    Starship troopers? Trump eyes space force, calls cosmos ‘war-fighting domain’

US President Donald Trump has floated the creation of a Space Force, a new military branch to utilize outer space as a “war domain,” just like land, air or sea. Apart from that, he promised the Americans will soon reach Mars.
    Speaking to a crowd of Marines at Miramar Air Station in San Diego, California, Trump said his administration may consider establishing what he termed the “Space Force.” The new arm of the US military would operate just like the Army or Air Force, only in outer space.

“My new national strategy for space recognizes that space is a war-fighting domain, just like the land, air and sea. We may even have a Space Force. We have the Air Force. We will have a Space Force,” Trump said, as quoted by AP.
    Source: https://www.rt.com/usa/421227-trump-...y-space-force/

Personally, i endorse this idea; if this is any way for us to get power suits and space marines, then i'll say yes to however many Walls that're needed to get this done!

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Default Re: The God Emperor Will Have His Space Marines or President Trump Proposes Space Forces

Reckon he didn't get the memo:

The 2018 National Defense Authorization Act that passed the Senate Nov. 16, not only left out House-passed language to build a new Space Corps within the Air Force, but expressly banned its creation.

Indefinitely Banned

Default Re: The God Emperor Will Have His Space Marines or President Trump Proposes Space Forces

as i understand it, the space forces are to be outside the air force, ie it's to be an entirely new service. After all, even the army has its own planes.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Ah well, then disregard my post. If "Trump wills it!" then he will find a way, I guess. Probably just not the way he tries to sell it to everyone. 'Wall payment' comes to mind.

I wonder when the first 'Star Wars' references are going to pop up, 'Space Marines' is a good start.
    Last edited by Gigantus; March 14, 2018 at 07:05 AM.

The OP does not provide a sufficient basis for discussion. Copy-pasting an article from a dubious source, adding an image from a tabletop game and imitating the sound of laser beams cannot generate any meaningful debate. Thread closed, pending future improvement.