Thread: SWO-RD : Steph's Warhammer Overhaul - Recruitment Diversity

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Steph's Avatar Maréchal de France
    Patrician Artifex

Default SWO-RD : Steph's Warhammer Overhaul - Recruitment Diversity

For a few weeks, I've been working on a new mod for Warhammer II. I'll soon update this thread with some information about the mod. Stay tuned.

Although the name focused on Recruitment Diversity (I needed a R and D to make the SWORD), the mod is not limited to that.

Key concepts

The goal of the mod is to increase flavour and immersion, by giving more diversity to the units you can recruit and maintain, including heraldic versions of the units.
    Also, you need to keep more balance armies, as you cannot have armies with only the highest tier units.

Elite units will be more important, since they'll be more scarce... while lower tier units will remain important to the end since you'll still need them for large armies.

I'm trying to remain close the the Lore, with some adaptation for gameplay reasons. I will probably add some less-lore friendly units at some points, but I'll try to have them as an "add-on" in a separate mod, so you can chose not to use them.

The mod includes new textures, and db editing, but I'll try to keep the startpos unchanged, and stay close to vanilla stats if possible for better compatibility.

The initial version of the mod will be focused on the High Elves, and depending on positive feedbacks, I plan to apply the same principle progressively to the other factions.

With Bretonia and Empire next in line

Downloaad
    Mod is published on Steam, look for "SWO-RD core"

Direct link to Steam
    Last edited by Steph; July 28, 2018 at 04:04 AM.