Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: SWO-RD : Steph's Warhammer Overhaul - Recruitment Diversity

Default Re: SWO-RD : Steph's Warhammer Overhaul - Recruitment Diversity

Woah! This looks awesome! Just have 2 questions for ya; Do you have a set release date for this? And will you be more uniform mods for other factions?

Steph's Avatar Maréchal de France
    Artifex

High Elves and Dark Elves have already been released. I hope to finish the Wood Elves end October.

Then I have to rework High Elves a little to optimize the size of the pack and the effect, probably rework a little the lords and heros.

I also plan to come back to Dark Elves at some point to add more heraldic units.

But the big next faction will probably be The Empire.

Ultimatily, I plan to do every faction in the game. But some will be less detailed.

Artifex

Recent work on the icons

Common things for all icons

- They have a background linked to race. WE are light green

- They have a frame showing their origin:
    -- golden for lords and heros,
    -- bronze for units unique to a region (exemple Swordsmasters only in Saphery),
    -- silver for heraldic units,
    -- green for units only in Athel Loren,
    -- brown for generic units recruitable anywhere,
    - red for RoR

- They have on the bottom left a small icon (diamond): green for core units, blue for special, red for rare. Later I will ude DrunkFlamingo's mechanism to limit the number of rare/special units that can go in an army.
    - and at bottom right, a small flag if they are recruitable in a specific region. For WE, I've done units for each of the 12 realms. And so each Athel Loren region allows recruiting units from 3 different realms? Here you can see some Atylwyth, Cavarroc and Talsyn

- You can see more units category icons (in this exemple, spearmen with shield, or wild rider with shield)
    - Archer category icon have a green halo for poisoned weapon, and red halo fire weapo, and blue for magical weapon (visible in screen above)
    - The icon is silver for regular unit, or golden for elite units. Elite units are twice smaller than regular units

I'm also redoing the lord and heros icon to show part of the body, and not only the head. And I'm making different units for each lore of Magic

Artifex

Full Wood Elves rosters!

See here for details

Daruwind's Avatar Senator

Cannot find proper words!

Artifex

Do you like the new style for the lord and heros? It's quite different from CA that shows only the head.

Daruwind's Avatar Senator

No problem at all!The style is very much in line with unit cards. Everything is very detailed and clear especially with all the colourful mini icons and markings, it is probably more suitable to have lords not just as a head. I think CA is using head detail just to ease the fingind of your lord in army/battle but for me it is no problem. Lord is always in the very left

Actually now I´m curious to see all other lords and heores in that style as well. But from this example. It is working approach, very good!

EDIT: need to spread more rep around

Artifex

Wood Elves are almost finished. All texture done. I'm considering adding new agents (Shadow Dancers, Spellweavers, maybe Glade Captain or Legendary Lord / Heros such as the Twilight Sisters or Naieth, etc). But since I have never added an agnt so far (except variation for the Spellsingers, but they already existed), I think it may be a little of work, and I don't want to delay the other factions too much.
    So maybe I'll first focus on this kind of work for every faction, and later if I'm still around make a big Lpord and Hero update with new stuff.. And we'll see at tis time if CA added new legendary lord or not.

But since the DLC will be released soon, I will not work on the table for finalize the WE immediately: I'll do that after the DLC, and solve compatibility issues at the same time.

In the meantime, I plan to rework a bit the HE. Icons have alredy been upgrrade to the new standard

But I want to change the rigimodel to wsmodel. For WE, it reduced the size by more than half, and allows more options for effect. If I do the same with HE, I hope to considerably reduce the size of the pack, and maybe allow more effects.
    And I want to give their mages different graphics depending on the lore of magic, and do the icon in the new style for every lord and hero.

Maybe add a few more variation for the generals on the map.

Superbe.

Artifex

The High Elves have recently bought some specific uniforms for their mages!

Lore of Heaven, High, Life, Light and Shadow

Each have their own skirt and shirt colour, and their own colored globe on their staff.

They also have different hair and eye colours.

And in campaign, each mages exists with 3 different variations.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6