Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: A Pagan take on traditionalism and politicised science.

conon394's Avatar hoi polloi
    Colfax WA, neat I have a barn and 49 acres - I have 2 horses, 15 chickens - but no more pigs

Default Re: A Pagan take on traditionalism and politicised science.

same Creator who held Adam to account
    And all innocent bystanders and those that follow, let's not forget that. Say it your way and god looks reasonable.

Via eyewitness statements
    In some cases, but with a startling lack of any corroborating evidence.
    Last edited by conon394; October 24, 2018 at 06:37 AM.
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites

'One day when I fly with my hands - up down the sky, like a bird'

But if the cause be not good, the king himself hath a heavy reckoning to make, when all those legs and arms and heads, chopped off in battle, shall join together at the latter day and cry all 'We died at such a place; some swearing, some crying for surgeon, some upon their wives left poor behind them, some upon the debts they owe, some upon their children rawly left.

Hyperides of Athens: We know, replied he, that Antipater is good, but we (the Demos of Athens) have no need of a master at present, even a good one.

basics's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

conon394,

The writers of the Gospels are the corroborators each having been witness to the things Jesus did. The other writers got their evidence by hearing from these and others who witnessed what Jesus did. James and Jude were Jesus's brothers and although unbelievers to begin with in James's case they too were witness to what they saw and heard. Mark's mother was a follower of Jesus and so could tell her son what she saw and heard. Luke in investigating the claims must have spoken with all or most who had seen and heard the Lord during His time and efforts on earth so what more would a jury need to verify what was written?

When God cursed Adam and Eve as well as the serpent there were no other people on the planet. Since the curse was a weakening factor in the nature of the couple that weakened what they passed on to their offspring meaning that there were no innocents at all. All nature was now in a downward path which could only be changed by the blood of Christ and is still the same situation today.

Senator

Quote Originally Posted by basics View Post
    conon394,

Via eyewitness statements my friend which would stand up in any court of law. You are one of His acts since He is your Creator, the very same Creator who held Adam to account, who walked with Abraham and wrestled with Jacob, parted the Red sea as well as the Jordan. Oh the list is endless and one day He will raise up all your sages as well as us to give judgement on our behaviour towards Him, the living God. All existence is His legacy and one doesn't have to be brainy to be part of it.

To be blunt, I don't believe any of that. I think it's all a bunch of falsehoods.
    If I had to choose between betraying my friends and betraying my country, I hope I would have the guts to betray my country.

Quote Originally Posted by Winston Smith View Post
    To be blunt, I don't believe any of that. I think it's all a bunch of falsehoods.
    Winston Smith,

Of course you do because that's what the fall of man did to all of us. There's nothing false that at the name of Jesus miracles happen and prayer gets answered for I have witnessed both.

Senator

Quote Originally Posted by basics View Post
    Winston Smith,

Of course you do because that's what the fall of man did to all of us. There's nothing false that at the name of Jesus miracles happen and prayer gets answered for I have witnessed both.
    You might of witnessed something that you thought was a miracle(s), but that does not mean it wâs a miracle. You're personal experience does not confirm a general truth.
    If I had to choose between betraying my friends and betraying my country, I hope I would have the guts to betray my country.

What in your view would count as proof of a miracle?
    Ignore List (to save time):

Exarch, Coughdrop addict

Quote Originally Posted by Winston Smith View Post
    You might of witnessed something that you thought was a miracle(s), but that does not mean it wâs a miracle. You're personal experience does not confirm a general truth.
    Winston Smith,

No ole fella I didn't just witness miracles but have experienced them personally. They range from the simple to the absolute Supernatural yet my favourite was for someone else, me seeing the result. Karen is a born again Christian but her husband Neil was not at the time of this story and they had three kids, two boys and a wee girl called Fiona whose eyes were so severely crossed that all the doctors and experts they had taken her to couldn't do anything for her. Being a member of RAF Kinloss Christian fellowship Karen asked that the members might lay hands on Fiona in prayer, me being asked to join them. I declined because I was not long a Christian and was sceptical about such things, something I regret to this day. However, the next morning whilst working in our shop Neil appeared at the door absolutely beaming. He asked in a loudish and excited voice if we, me and my wife, had heard about Fiona? I asked where she was and he replied outside in her pram so i said bring her in. Inside he lifted her up and handed her to me. Her eyes were as straight as a die and boy I couldn't contain myself shouting for Hillary my wife to come through and see this little marvel. They had just come up from the doctor's surgery where Neil said the room became filled with doctors and nurses unable to explain what had happened and in amazement by what he told them of the night before. Not long after Neil was posted to the Falkland Isles where God revealed Jesus to him making Karen the happiest wife and mum in the world as she put it. I learned a lot about the power of God that day and have consequently seen it on not a few occasions.

MaximiIian's Avatar Comes Limitis

This is probably the only occasion where I might defend basics. Personal experiences hold a certain truth for oneself. It doesn't matter whether or not I think his experiences reflect some kind of external reality--in his case, I do not--what matters is that they are real to him, and they drive his opinions and beliefs. I disagree with his conclusions, but that is irrelevant. None of us have the objectivity to outright dismiss the validity of unverified personal gnosis to an individual.

Now, that personal experience should not be used to try to convince others. That's where he and I do not see eye-to-eye. I view personal experience as reflecting personal truth. It can be used to draw one's own conclusions and inform one's own beliefs and opinions. But because other people haven't had those same experiences, that gnosis is useless as a form of convincing proof or evidence.

Maximilian,

While it's true that on here I am only able to give something of my own experiences with God these mostly are bound by other witnesses but not always. That said, of myself I can do nothing but God can and does even as I write. Somewhere across our world another person is most likely sharing a miracle or two, or if an unbeliever being brought into the family of God through the hearing of the Gospel of Jesus Christ as I was.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678