Thread: Unit Guide?

Default Unit Guide?

I was wondering would there be any unit guide to give some advice and tips on the units in this mod? I notice that many mods change the stats and attributes of many units and the new ones made specifically for the mod so I was wondering would there be any to help give some help to new players wanting to make the best of their troops in battle?

Default Re: Unit Guide?

Generally speaking, the shaping of EDU related to the units of a mod relies on the mechanics of the mod itself, the vision of the developers (how they want units to be), and the type of units existing in a mod...

well, speaking of BC, they are historical, hence no non-human units or fantasy-based, apart a very few "special cases" like elephants...

If you plan to write your own EDU, well, feel free to do that... of course, always rely on a subdivision of troops per tier so you keep balance and realism..

Quote Originally Posted by rafmc1989 View Post
    Generally speaking, the shaping of EDU related to the units of a mod relies on the mechanics of the mod itself, the vision of the developers (how they want units to be), and the type of units existing in a mod...

well, speaking of BC, they are historical, hence no non-human units or fantasy-based, apart a very few "special cases" like elephants...

If you plan to write your own EDU, well, feel free to do that... of course, always rely on a subdivision of troops per tier so you keep balance and realism..
    Is there anything like a unit type tier or something? I know Stainless Steel has something similar like Feudal units being powerful and free in upkeep when in Castles but usually are few in availability and are lacking in discipline, while Late Professionals have larger numbers and more discipline and moral then Peasants and militias but take longer to recruit and have higher upkeep then average.

Does anything like that exist in BC?

Yes, basically, BC follows the same dynamics of SS too... you have militias who usually have 1hp, while professionals and elites have 2hp..

Moreover, if you see the export_descr_unit, you'll soon find how the units are listed and grouped in tier... you'll see peasants, militias, semi-pros, pros, veterans, elites, etc...
    Each classification has a set of attributes and statistics to preserve balance, but of course you can always edit the stats at your liking!..