Thread: Encountered an unspecified error and will now exit during Battle

Default Encountered an unspecified error and will now exit during Battle

Hey, I am playing a Scotland campaign. when I get attacked during the turn phase, I start the battle set up my units, then deploy, then I encounter MTW2 Encountered an unspecified error and will now exit during Battle.

I am Running SS 6.4 with 1.27 fix + NHA sub mod.

I have had this problem during other campaigns but, I just try again and it works the second time around. I have tried 4 times with this battle. Same result each time. My log is below.

I hope someone has a solution, Thanks.

​19:28:19.926 [system.rpt] [always] CPU: SSE219:28:19.926 [system.rpt] [always] ==== system log start, build date: Sep 5 2014 version development ===
    19:28:19.929 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_0.pack
    19:28:19.929 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_1.pack
    19:28:19.930 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_2.pack
    19:28:19.931 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_3.pack
    19:28:19.931 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_4.pack
    19:28:19.931 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/localized.pack
    19:31:51.036 [game.script] [always] Germanicu5 ReallyBadAI v5.7 Running. Please upload log and savegames when reporting battle CTDs for SS.
    19:34:21.919 [data.invalid] [error] BATTLE_MAP_AREAS unhandled situation : See Charlie

19:49:57.926 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.

Default Re: Encountered an unspecified error and will now exit during Battle

Figured it out. Right click the ss/mod Launcher, properties, then compatibility, Click check box, switch to compatibility Windows XP. service pack 3. Apply, then relaunch, load save. Worked on same battle. Hopes this helps someone else.

Virian's Avatar Civis

I have windows 10, would this work?

It would work, I have Win 10, but I still get these errors sometimes. This mod is almost dead, none of the moderators have an answer for this error.

Hi there, I had the same issue, I am using the 1.27 compilation bug fixes that you can download from here http://www.mediafire.com/file/c9x96i...ation_v1.27.7z and can read more about here http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post13723098

It adds a few submods and bug fixes one of them is of CTD during battle. I was getting constant CTD during a specific battle no matter what I tried. I then used the "submod" to fix the CTD which basically you have to check in the SS 6.4 setup like when you choose AI difficulty or Real Recruitment etc and then run SS and play the battle. Hopefully that fixes your issue but remember to disable the "submod" after your problem is fixed, uncheck it in the setup and run the game again otherwise other types of problems might emerge.

DISCLAIMER: It did solve my issue I hope it will solve yours but I can't be sure. I also cannot be sure of any possible long term issues that may or may not arise with this, so far I haven't encountered any.

Best of wishes