Thread: Onager Move to Siege only Mod

Default Onager Move to Siege only Mod

Has anyone done this? I really hate these things and it seems most of what I have read about them is that they were used as siege equipment NOT field artillery. I have added a mod to remove them from Merc's but really would prefer them out of the field entirely.

Default Re: Onager Move to Siege only Mod

Not possible to make them into siege only equipment. However, you can remove them entirely from faction rosters in the units_to _groupings_military_permissions_tables. Just delete their rows. For the scripted Huns onagers, you can reduce their power by changing them down to a single gun in the land_units_tables under the column num_guns alongside the usual changes you can make to range, ammo, etc.

I'm not sure if you know how to mod db tables judging from your post. If you need any more help with this I'm happy to do so.
    Last edited by Theramines; February 24, 2018 at 11:54 PM.

Frunk's Avatar Form Follows Function
    Moderator Emeritus

Default Re: Onager Move to Siege only Mod

Thanks for the reply. What I have decided to do was to just use a mod that reduced the effectiveness of onagers. I used a mod at first that removed them from the game entirely, but I was worried about balance and the AI's ability to siege a settlement. There is also the bug when the AI sieges without an onager and they get stuck running back and forth on the battlefield and never try to attack the walls. I have found a crude fix to that though by sending a cavalry unit to attack the first siege tower moving towards the walls. That seems to keep them moving.