Page 1 of 15 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Rusted PackFile Manager (RPFM) 4.0.0 Released!

Frodo45127's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Icon1 Rusted PackFile Manager (RPFM) 4.0.0 Released!

Rusted PackFile Manager
    (RPFM) is a reimplementation in Rust and Qt5 of PackFile Manager (PFM), one of the best modding tools for Total War Games.

Before you ask "Should I use this or PFM?", it depends on what you need. Good things of RPFM are:

• Is being actively developed, so new features land from time to time.
    • Faster by a lot in... more or less everything.
    • Far more stable than PFM.
    • Every column in every table is actually decoded (no more unknown columns).
    • UI similar to PFM, so it's not hard to get used to when coming from PFM.
    • Integrated Diagnostic tool to find possible errors on your PackFile.

RPFM currently supports:
    • TW: Warhammer 3.
    • TW: Troy.
    • TW: Three Kingdoms.
    • TW: Warhammer 2.
    • TW: Warhammer.
    • TW: Thrones of Britannia.
    • TW: Attila.
    • TW: Rome 2.
    • TW: Shogun 2.
    • TW: Napoleon (Diagnostic tool and features that require an assembly kit will not work correctly).
    • TW: Empire (Diagnostic tool and features that require an assembly kit will not work correctly).
    • TW: Arena (Read-Only and not complete table support).

It can be downloaded here: https://github.com/Frodo45127/rpfm/releases/latest

And for the changelog, check it here, because it was getting too long on this message: https://github.com/Frodo45127/rpfm/b...r/Changelog.md
    Last edited by Frodo45127; March 11, 2023 at 12:29 AM. Reason: 4.0.0 update.

Patrician

Default Re: Rusted PackFile Manager (RPFM) 1.3.5 Released! Now with full support for Shogun 2 and Thrones of Britannia, a reworked undo/redo system, combos (finally, they're back) and a metric ton of bugs fixed.

Hotfix released. It fixes a bug that caused the "Rename" feature to work only the first time you used it. Now it should work properly again.

New update released:
    Spoiler for 0.6.0

• Implemented full Warhammer 1 support.
    • Implemented the ability to change the "Selected Game".
    • Implemented cross-table references.
    • Implemented a very basic update checker.
    • Added customizable tooltips for DB columns.
    • Improved the DB decoder.
    • Finally fixed the position of the popover when right-clicking.
    • Fixed pooled_resources_tables schema.
    • Fixed multiple bugs related with how DB tables where loaded.
    • A lot of improvements under the hood you will probably not notice.
    • And more little improvements I forgot about, because... reasons.

Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; January 02, 2019 at 10:07 AM. Reason: Merged posts.

Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar The Ecstasy of Potatoes

Default Re: Rusted PackFile Manager (RPFM) 0.6.0 Released! Now with Warhammer 1 support!

Nice work. I don't mod the Warhammers anymore unfortunately, but keep it up.

Patrician

Default Re: Rusted PackFile Manager (RPFM) 0.7.0 Released! Now with Reworked UI, basic Copy/Paste support and a lot more!

And another update (0.7.0), this time with a quite long changelog:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

• Completely rewritten the UI part of the program. That means it looks better and it's a bit faster.
    • Rewritten a lot of internal code, to make it faaar easier to maintain and add support for other games.
    • Updated GTK-RS.
    • Replaced all the FileChoosers with native ones (Yes, it uses windows FileChoosers now).
    • RigidModels and Text PackedFiles now save on edit (goodbye to the Save to PackFile button).
    • Added new Prefer Dark Theme option to the Preferences window.
    • Added new Font & Size selector option to the Preferences window.
    • Added new Check updates on start option to the Preferences window (disable it to improve the start time of the program).
    • Added basic Autocompletion to Lua PackedFiles.
    • Added basic Copy/Paste capabilities to DB and Loc PackedFiles.
    • Added a new Create Map Prefab experimental feature for Warhammer I & II.
    • Added basic search (over their Key column) for DB and Loc PackedFiles.
    • Added basic search to PackFile TreeView (only search in expanded folders for now).
    • Added Support me on Patreon button in About menu.
    • Text PackedFiles now uses the Monokai Extended theme.
    • Reworked how the PackFile TreeView works. (more info below).
    • Rename option has been moved to the Right-Click menu.
    • Now you can copy & paste a row from a CSV file directly to a DB Table.
    • Now you can associate .pack files in windows to RPFM and they'll be opened properly when you double-click them.
    • Merged Warhammer I&II schemas. One is just an improvement over the other, so they can be merged.
    • Improved PackFile opening times by about 1.2 seconds (specially noticeable in -1GB PackFiles).
    • Improved general behavior of the MyMod feature.
    • Improved a lot the Update Checker.
    • Improved a lot the Decoder View.
    • The Decoder View is now created a lot faster when trying to decode big DB Tables.
    • Now you can move through the PackFile's TreeView using the arrow keys to expand/collapse folders.
    • Changed the default font to Segoe UI, size 9.
    • Save and Export FileChoosers no ask before trying to overwrite a file.
    • Now, low importance errors are shown in the StatusBar at the bottom, instead of creating an error dialog.
    • Fixed a CTD when you open a PackFile, select a PackedFile or Folder, and try to open another PackFile.
    • Fixed missing titles in diferent windows.
    • Fixed a bug that caused PackedFiles to stay open when opening another PackFile.
    • Fixed a bug that caused mods with "" in their name to omit the "" in the "MyMod" menu.
    • Fixed a bug that allowed to remove all the text of a Text PackedFile by hitting (undo).
    • Fixed missing schemas for Warhammer I Tables (my fault here, forgot to pack a file in the last release).
    • And a lot of little things I don't remember now.

About the rework of the TreeView: before, every change (add a new PackedFile, rename it,....) caused a full rebuild of the TreeView (extremely slow). Now it doesn't. Performance in every action related to the TreeView has improve a lot thanks to this. Also now PackedFiles are open on click or when you hit enter after selecting them. This also has improved a lot the general performance when moving through the TreeView.
    Last edited by Commissar Caligula_; April 15, 2018 at 03:47 AM.

Default Re: Rusted PackFile Manager (RPFM) 0.7.0 Released! Now with Reworked UI, basic Copy/Paste support and a lot more!

Hey, in your oppinion, is it in a state that i can alredy replace my pfm for your tool?

Patrician

Default Re: Rusted PackFile Manager (RPFM) 1.3.5 Released! Now with full support for Shogun 2 and Thrones of Britannia, a reworked undo/redo system, combos (finally, they're back) and a metric ton of bugs fixed.

It's in a state you can use it for modding without depending on PFM. It doesn't have all the same features PFM has yet, but all the important stuff (table editing, basic copy/paste, MyMod support...) is done. So... test it and see yourself if still lacks any feature you depend on in PFM.

New update released!
    Spoiler for Changelog

• Implemented full support for Total War: Attila.
    • Implemented Schema Updater.
    • Implemented Allow Edition of CA PackFiles preference.
    • Implemented Check Schema Updates on Start preference.
    • Implemented Copy/Paste column action for DB Tables and Loc PackedFiles.
    • Implemented Create Loc/DB/Text PackedFile feature.
    • Implemented Mass-Import TSV Files feature.
    • Import/Export system has been moved from CSV to TSV files.
    • The entire Copy/Paste XXX has been revised, with plenty of bugs fixed.
    • The <= button to add PackedFiles from another PackFile IS NOW PINK. You can no longer complain you can't see it!.
    • Rewritten a lot of... very low quality code. This means:
      • PackFiles consume half the RAM than before when opening and saving.
      • PackFiles open +300% faster and save +225% faster (tested in an SSD).
      • PackFiles open using Add from PackFile no longer take brutal amounts of RAM.
      • In case it isn't clear enough, you can now use Add from PackFile to add PackedFiles from data.pack without your computer hanging itself to death.
      • DB Tables should now open faster.

• Updated a lot of outdated dependencies.
    • Minimum Rust version required to build is now 1.26.
    • Fixed a corruption bug when you delete a PackedFile.
    • Fixed a bug that caused some tables created with Add from TSV feature from PFM to be unopenable.
    • Fixed a bug that caused Paste XXX action to be partially broken in Loc PackedFiles.
    • Fixed some text files not opening properly due to character encoding issues.

Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; January 02, 2019 at 10:08 AM. Reason: Merged posts.

Default Re: Rusted PackFile Manager (RPFM) 0.8.0 Released! Now with full Attila's support, mass-importing TSV files and performance improvements all over the place!

Are you planning to make this available for earlier versions (like S2TW and FOTS)?

Patrician

Default Re: Rusted PackFile Manager (RPFM) 0.8.0 Released! Now with full Attila's support, mass-importing TSV files and performance improvements all over the place!

Quote Originally Posted by izzi View Post
    Are you planning to make this available for earlier versions (like S2TW and FOTS)?
    For now, the plan is to support Rome 2 for the next release, and thrones for the 1.0 release. After that... maybe will come support for Shogun 2, Napoleon and Empire.

Quintus Hortensius Hortalus's Avatar Lex duodecim tabularum
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo45127 View Post
    For now, the plan is to support Rome 2 for the next release, and thrones for the 1.0 release. After that... maybe will come support for Shogun 2, Napoleon and Empire.
    Support for Empire sounds great! The tool itself looks great with some very usefull possibilities and once it has ETW support I'll definatly try it out.

Under the patronage of wangrin my workshop

Same here (if you ever have a version for S2TW).

Patrician

A little update: Warhammer 2 schemas have been updated for Queen & Crone DLC + Norsca patch. In case you don't have enabled "Check Schema Updates on Start" and RPFM doesn't tell you how to update, just go to "About/Check Schema Updates" and hit yes when asked. If there are no errors, when it finish you should have the updated schemas. This is the first "real" test of this feature, so feel free to report any problem you have with it.

Hi,

https://imgur.com/a/LDDPTjP

I can open the default pack files and look at them just fine, but when I add them into an empty file from the pack files, they don't show up?

Patrician

DB Tables need to be inside a folder called "db". Otherwise the RPFM will not recognise them as tables.

DB Tables need to be inside a folder called "db". Otherwise the RPFM will not recognise them as tables.
    Oh yeah I opened the mod in RPFM that I made with PFM and I can edit it now, thanks!

Slightly off topic, but do you know why the main_units_tables is currently unable to be opened?

Patrician

You can open it. RPFM uses diferent schemas than PFM, and the ones of RPFM are complete. That means, as long as you get the lastest ones (judging by the update message at the bottom of your screenshots, you don't have them) you can open every table. So... just update the schemas as the message says and you'll be able to open that table.

You can open it. RPFM uses diferent schemas than PFM, and the ones of RPFM are complete. That means, as long as you get the lastest ones (judging by the update message at the bottom of your screenshots, you don't have them) you can open every table. So... just update the schemas as the message says and you'll be able to open that table.
    https://imgur.com/a/eIZ8KuI

units_tables can't be opend.
    Message shows no update available.
    Am i doing something wrong?

Patrician

It's from Attila? In that case, that table it's empty. That's why It's not decoded (I can't decode an empty table). I need to add an specific error message for that situation....
    Last edited by Frodo45127; June 14, 2018 at 03:53 AM.

It's from Attila? In that case, that table it's empty. That's why It's not decoded (I can't decode an empty table). I need to add an specific error message for that situation....
    Yes, it's for attila.
    I did not know these table was empty. So everything cleared
    Thanks for reply

Patrician

Default Re: Rusted PackFile Manager (RPFM) 1.0.2 Released! Now with full support for Rome 2, partial support for Arena, reworked "Add From PackFile" feature, a manual that explains everything and more!

And probably the biggest update up-to-date is here. The main change is the port to Qt5, that gives RPFM proper tables with proper copy/paste, native looking theme and live filters for tables. Also, it's even faster now. Anyway, the changelog:
    Spoiler for 0.9.1

• Fixed multiples CTD, most of them related with the "Delete PackedFile" feature.
    • Fixed RPFM getting stuck greyed out after it fails to decode a table or a loc file.
    • Added a little warning to the tooltip about "Adjust Columns to Contents" preference.
    • TreeView no longer loses focus after deleting a PackedFile.
    • Fixed greyed out buttons due to selection issues in tables and loc files.

Spoiler for 0.9.0

• The entirety of the UI has been moved from GTK3 to Qt5. This means many improvements, like non-wonky copy/paste.
    • The program is now multithreaded. This means:
      • No more rpfm-code.exe not responding messages.
      • UI faster and more responsive.
      • Checking for updates or schema updates no longer hangs the program.

• Implemented Create Empty Folder feature.
    • Implemented opening DDS files in RPFM.
    • Implemented Live Filtering for DB Tables and Loc PackedFiles.
    • Implemented Use PFM Extracting Behavior feature, in Preferences.
    • Implemented Adjust Columns to Content preference for DB Tables and Loc PackedFiles.
    • Implemented background colors for the main TreeView, for DB Tables and Loc PackedFiles. The color code is:
      • Green: Added.
      • Yellow: Modified.
      • Magenta: Added & Modified (only for the main TreeView).

• Implemented animations for the TreeView.
    • Updated starting tips.
    • Added informational tips to the Main Menu buttons.
    • Added informational Tooltips to all the checkboxes in the Preferences dialog.
    • Added support for the text files CindyScene and CindySceneManager.
    • Added icons to the TreeView.
    • Fixed a bug that caused certain File already exists to appear a lot of times when adding many existing files at the same time.
    • Improved a lot performance for the Create DB PackedFile feature.
    • Brutally improved performance of the Generate Dependency PackFile feature.
    • Fixed Patch SiegeAI reseting the TreeView.

Also, for those who don't know how is this different from PFM, I added a little section in the main post explaining the differences. And if any of you have tried it and went back to PFM due to the wonky copy/paste or how the tables worked in general, I invite you to give it another try. It has improved. Brutally.

New hotfix released (0.9.2) with the following changes:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

• Removed the PackFile succesfully saved message when saving a PackFile. You can already see if it saved by what it says in the titlebar, so it was redundant.
    • Now, when you hover the mouse over a column of a table for a second, a tooltip will pop up saying to what table/column that column references.
    • Paste in tables and locs has been renamed to Paste in Selection and moved to the Paste... submenu.
    • Implemented Paste as New Rows for tables and locs.
    • Fixed a couple of bugs related to how things got copied from/to Excel, and with blank cells.
    • Fixed a Mayor typo in the update checker.

Another hotfix (0.9.3), this time to fix a bug that caused multiple copied rows from RPFM to be pasted as one very long row in Excel, Calc, Google,..... Nothing more.

Tables are only open if they have the following path: "PackFile->db->table_folder_tables->table_file". Make sure that's the path it has. Also, make sure the right game is selected in "Game Selected", in the top menu bar, as that affects what tables can be decoded.

And for tutorial, the closer thing to that is the manual I made like a couple of weeks ago: https://mega.nz/#!ilQ1ga4K!726SW3hoi...i8kLrCk50BHRss. It covers more or less every part of the program. In the future it'll be included with the program, but for now it's separated.
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; January 02, 2019 at 10:12 AM. Reason: Merged posts.

Default Re: Rusted PackFile Manager (RPFM) 0.9.3 Released! Now with a completely rewritten UI in Qt5, non-wonky copy/paste, live filering for tables, even more performance improvements and more!

Hi !

I've uploaded the RPFM and tried to use it. I create a new pack for what i cant to be my mod. I managed to add a file from the PackFileManager database with "Add>Add from Packfile". It is on the left screen but i can't read it on the right screen, nothing appears when i click on it (the icon of the file is a page). But when i do "PackFile > Open PackFile" and i choose the data base folder of the PackFileManager, it works, i can read the files and the file's icon is a blue thing. The problem is that there are all the files, i don't need them all and that i'm not on my mod.

Do you have any idead to remedy that ?

And is there a complete tutorial on how to make a mod with the RPFM like there is for the PFM ? I know they are quite similar but for example i don't have this problem with PFM (i have others for sure and that's why i try RPFM but not this one).

Any help would be greatly appreciated ! Thanks in advance !

P.S : Sorry if there are some mistakes..

Page 1 of 15 1234567891011 ... LastLast