Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Rusted PackFile Manager (RPFM) 4.0.0 Released!

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Default Re: Rusted PackFile Manager (RPFM) 1.3.5 Released! Now with full support for Shogun 2 and Thrones of Britannia, a reworked undo/redo system, combos (finally, they're back) and a metric ton of bugs fixed.

downloading it right now!
    Thx frodo

Could be that you can't add new lines into db tables?
    That's quite essential for modders.
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; January 02, 2019 at 10:05 AM. Reason: Merged posts.

Frodo45127's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Default Re: Rusted PackFile Manager (RPFM) 1.1.1 Released! Now with Search&Replace, Global Search, a ton of QoL new features and some impressive performance improvements!

Rigth-click inside a table and you'll get all the actions available for a table. Add/Insert row does that. And if you want to create a copy of another row, Clone Row does it.

Patrician

Default Re: Rusted PackFile Manager (RPFM) 1.3.5 Released! Now with full support for Shogun 2 and Thrones of Britannia, a reworked undo/redo system, combos (finally, they're back) and a metric ton of bugs fixed.

ah, sorry man

I love open from data, now i'm using RPFM only.
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; January 02, 2019 at 09:59 AM. Reason: Merged posts.

Patrician

Default Re: Rusted PackFile Manager (RPFM) 1.2.0 Released! Now with Multi-View of PackedFiles, Lazy-Loading, a dark theme for the dark lord, and even more features to manipulate tables than before!

Update 1.2.0 released with plenty new features. Before the changes, this update has a couple of breaking changes:

• TSV files now use their second row to store column names: This means that, if you want to keep your TSV files, you need to import them with an older version and re-export them with this one.
    • version.json format has changed: This means that from now on older versions than this one cannot auto-update their schemas. Don't use older versions.

Now, the changes:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

• Implemented Lazy-Loading feature (improves RAM usage by a country-mile).
    • Implemented Multi-View feature (you can edit two PackedFiles at the same time, side by side).
    • Implemented Clone and Insert feature for Loc PackedFiles.
    • Implemented Clone and Append feature for DB Tables and Loc PackedFiles.
    • Implemented Apply Maths to Selection feature for DB Tables.
    • Implemented Apply Prefix to Selection feature for DB Tables.
    • Implemented Load All CA PackFiles feature.
    • Implemented Use Dark Theme feature (only in Windows).
    • Implemented Regex support for the Global Search.
    • Implemented Hide/Show Column feature for DB Tables and Loc PackedFiles.
    • In DB Tables, i32 fields now use a SpinBox for editing, instead of the old LineEdit.
    • Columns in DB Tables and Loc PackedFiles can now be moved.
    • Now DB Tables/Loc PackedFiles remember their state (column state, filter panel, search&replace panel...) from the last time you opened them. Column State is optional, and can be enabled in the Settings.
    • Implemented a setting to make RPFM remember the state of DB Tables/Loc PackedFiles even after you close the program.
    • Now you can rename/delete currently open PackedFiles.
    • Reworked TSV Import/Export system to be less pedantic.
    • Now TSV files include the column names in their second row. THIS IS A BREAKING CHANGE.
    • Now, if a TSV file is broken and you try to import it, RPFM tells you where is broken.
    • Fixed a bug that caused Import TSV to fail if in a boolean column one of the values wasn't exactly true or false.
    • Column Tooltips in DB Tables now popup over the column header instead of over every cell.
    • You can now rename folders with spaces in their name.
    • Implemented new feature that allows you to flawlessly execute the Undo/Redo actions function with unprecedented fidelity.
    • Fixed a bug that caused the Copy action to ignore the column order in DB Tables.
    • Fixed weirdly sized dialogs in windows (Rename and Mass-Import dialogs).
    • Expanded Optimize PackFile feature to also optimize Loc PackedFiles (only if your game's language is set to English).
    • Updated Lua Types for Warhammer 2 (better Kailua support).
    • Updated Warhammer 1&2 Schema with one more table.
    • Something more I probably forgot about.

Default Re: Rusted PackFile Manager (RPFM) 1.2.0 Released! Now with Multi-View of PackedFiles, Lazy-Loading, a dark theme for the dark lord, and even more features to manipulate tables than before!

Thank you so much for all your hard work on this, Frodo, it's REALLY excellent !

I was getting around to to asking you if it would be possible to export the column headings in the tsv files and you've only gone and done it anyway in 1.2.0 !

Also, you've inspired me to take a look at the Rust language - the performance of RPFM takes my breath away !

Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by TATNALA View Post
    Thank you so much for all your hard work on this, Frodo, it's REALLY excellent !

I was getting around to to asking you if it would be possible to export the column headings in the tsv files and you've only gone and done it anyway in 1.2.0 !

Also, you've inspired me to take a look at the Rust language - the performance of RPFM takes my breath away !

Thanks! And go ahead with it! Rust is a bit different/difficult to learn at the begining, but once you pass that it's a very easy and fast language. Even I was impressed when I started learning it.

Also, new update (1.2.1) released. Nothing too big, just fixes the bug where paste actions didn't work in certain tables.

Patrician

Default Re: Rusted PackFile Manager (RPFM) 1.2.1 Released! Now with Multi-View of PackedFiles, Lazy-Loading, a dark theme for the dark lord, and even more features to manipulate tables than before!

I have problems putting values with ",", if I copy and paste values from another existing rpfm/pfm cell it works, if I try putting it directly or copy/paste from excel it doesn't work (Rome 2).

Patrician

Default Re: Rusted PackFile Manager (RPFM) 1.2.1 Released! Now with Multi-View of PackedFiles, Lazy-Loading, a dark theme for the dark lord, and even more features to manipulate tables than before!

Quote Originally Posted by Jake Armitage View Post
    I have problems putting values with ",", if I copy and paste values from another existing rpfm/pfm cell it works, if I try putting it directly or copy/paste from excel it doesn't work (Rome 2).
    Mmmm where exactly gives you problems? DB Tables or Locs? I just tested it, and it lets me enter , values, and it works both, writing them in the cells (in tables and locs) and pasting them from excel (just tested it for tables).

Patrician

effect bundles to effect junctions
    if I try to change present values and put an x,y it doesn't change the value and, on second trial, it weirdly and automatically move between lines

Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Jake Armitage View Post
    effect bundles to effect junctions
    if I try to change present values and put an x,y it doesn't change the value and, on second trial, it weirdly and automatically move between lines
    One of the changes of 1.2 is that if you put an invalid value in a cell, it reverts it instead of warning you. That column is a float, and floats are "x.x" or "x", being X a number. Any other character (like ,) it's detected as invalid and the cell gets reset. So it's not a bug, it's default behavior.

And another bugfix release (1.2.2), this time fixing a CTD introduced in 1.2.1. Let's hope no more big bugs appear....
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; January 02, 2019 at 09:58 AM. Reason: Merged posts.

Patrician

Default Re: Rusted PackFile Manager (RPFM) 1.2.2 Released! Now with Multi-View of PackedFiles, Lazy-Loading, a dark theme for the dark lord, and even more features to manipulate tables than before!

Ah, so I have to use dots and not commas, ok.
    I was puzzled 'cause in PFM some values are with dot (in some specific tabs) and all the others work with commas.
    Thx

Patrician

Default Re: Rusted PackFile Manager (RPFM) 1.2.2 Released! Now with Multi-View of PackedFiles, Lazy-Loading, a dark theme for the dark lord, and even more features to manipulate tables than before!

The schemas have been updated for Warhammer 2's Vampirates patch. Every one of the 46 changed/new tables should be decodeable again, with every column decoded. If RPFM doesn't ask you to update the schemas, got to "About/Check Schema Updates" and click "Update" when asked.

Clint_Eastwood's Avatar Tiro

Ok I am trying to open data, data2 and data3 in Arena files but when I open launcher and click on these files the launcher closes? I was reading on Page 2 of this thread that you can open files in arena using this program, correct? If so what am I doing wrong? I have my preferences set to "arena" and all the path locations set etc..

Patrician

You could open them in the past, but CA changed the encryption they use like a week after the release of the first RPFM version that suported Arena. Work has been done to work with the new encryption, but it's not done yet. I'll update the initial message on this thread. I always forget to do it.

Clint_Eastwood's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo45127 View Post
    You could open them in the past, but CA changed the encryption they use like a week after the release of the first RPFM version that suported Arena. Work has been done to work with the new encryption, but it's not done yet. I'll update the initial message on this thread. I always forget to do it.
    Ah so the latest version is not able to open the Arena files? Do you have timescales when this will be compatible with Arena, thanks?

Patrician

Sadly, no, I don't know when it'll be working again. The only sure thing is that when it does, I'll announce it here.

Patrician

If CA won't put you in a jail.

Patrician

Default Re: Rusted PackFile Manager (RPFM) 1.3.0 Released! Now with full support for Shogun 2 and Thrones of Britannia, a reworked undo/redo system, combos (finally, they're back) and a metric ton of bugs fixed.

And new update (1.3.0) released. Unlike other updates, this one was focused on improving the stability of the program, fixing bugs, and supporting new games. It also brings back combos, one of the most useful features lost in the old 0.9 update. And thanks to Trolldemorted, Arena support is back (let's hope they don't change it again). A shame they shut the game down. It could have been so much.... Anyway, here is the changelog:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

• Implemented support for TW: Thrones of Britannia.
    • Implemented support for TW: Shogun 2.
    • Implemented Copy as LUA Table feature for Loc PackedFiles.
    • Implemented CTD Logger feature (more on that later).
    • Now float fields in DB Tables use a SpinBox (cell with arrows to increase/decrease by one) when editing.
    • Now referenced columns show a ComboBox when editing, and autocomplete what you write.
    • Now Loc PackedFiles escape \n and \t characters automatically (more on that later).
    • Now you can replace open PackedFiles (it'll warn you before, just in case).
    • Now every table in the program uses alternate row colors.
    • Now if RPFM fails to decode a table, it'll tell you exactly the row/column where it fails.
    • Now TW: Arena PackFiles can be opened again (thx to Trolldemorted for this one).
    • Reworked Undo/Redo System for DB Tables and Loc PackedFiles (more on that later).
    • Replaced X with * in the Apply Maths to Selection dialog.
    • Tweaked the size of some margins (you can say it's a marginal improvement).
    • Fixed CTD when hitting the close button in the Global Search dialog.
    • Fixed CTD when triggering any global shortcut while editing a table cell.
    • Fixed CTD when trying to open encrypted PackFiles with timestamps in their index.
    • Fixed a regression that caused horrible performance when editing certain tables.
    • Fixed a bug that caused a fail to be incorrectly labeled as Not Modified after renaming it.
    • Fixed a bug that caused the wrong shortcuts to be used in certain actions in Loc PackedFiles.
    • Fixed a bug that caused sorted tables with selected rows to copy those rows in the wrong order.
    • Fixed a bug that caused the ComboBox of the Create DB Table dialog to not be sorted alphabetically.
    • Fixed a bug that caused wrong colors to be used in the DB Decoder in Windows while using the dark theme.
    • Fixed a bug that caused some of the Paste XXX actions to not work on checkboxes if the text to paste wasn't exactly true or false.
    • Fixed a bug that caused Float columns to not being properly optimized by Optimize PackFile due to accuracy issues.
    • Fixed a bug that caused PackedFiles with uppercase in their name to save wrongly and crash the game.
    • Cleaned and simplified a ton of internal code. You don't see it, but internally RPFM works better.
    • Changed the compiler used in Windows builds from GNU to MSVC.
    • And, as always, more stuff I forgot about.

Default Re: Rusted PackFile Manager (RPFM) 1.3.0 Released! Now with full support for Shogun 2 and Thrones of Britannia, a reworked undo/redo system, combos (finally, they're back) and a metric ton of bugs fixed.

Downloading now...thanks Frodo!

Patrician

Default Re: Rusted PackFile Manager (RPFM) 1.3.1 Released! Now with full support for Shogun 2 and Thrones of Britannia, a reworked undo/redo system, combos (finally, they're back) and a metric ton of bugs fixed.

Little bugfix (1.3.1) released. It fixed an issue that caused copy/pasted cells to get messed up, to not paste, or to paste in weird places, and another issue that caused certain undo/redo actions to work sometimes, work badly some other times, and CTD when they were tired of working.