Thread: Simple Question: Which Version is right for me

Default Simple Question: Which Version is right for me

Hi all - I love DeI. I can't play Rome 2 without it. That being said, some of the newer additions to the mod make it unnecessarily convoluted in my opinion, and I'm trying to figure out which version (1.05 or 1.1) is right for me. The number one issue I have are the newest additions - the squalor dynamic, population growth, class system and its associated levy system. I don't want any of that. Furthermore, I'm not a big fan of the supply system, but it adds an interesting challenge that I wouldn't mind keeping if possible. Which version should I download?

Default Re: Simple Question: Which Version is right for me

Can you even download as far back as 1.05?

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Just use 1.2 and our official submods that disable system you don't like. Older versions are not really stable.
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

Or just give the systems a try for a bit and maybe you will find out they aren't actually that convoluted, make sense and work well. They aren't overly restrictive.

But, if you still hate them just use a disable submod for pop or supply as KAM said.
    Last edited by Dresden; February 20, 2018 at 06:44 PM.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Quote Originally Posted by BlueberryMenace View Post
    Hi all - I love DeI. I can't play Rome 2 without it. That being said, some of the newer additions to the mod make it unnecessarily convoluted in my opinion, and I'm trying to figure out which version (1.05 or 1.1) is right for me. The number one issue I have are the newest additions - the squalor dynamic, population growth, class system and its associated levy system. I don't want any of that. Furthermore, I'm not a big fan of the supply system, but it adds an interesting challenge that I wouldn't mind keeping if possible. Which version should I download?
    Well, you don't need to actually "use" the supply lines, what I mean is, you can just spam farms in every province having all of them fed with positive food so that you don't need to read that "intimidating" supply system manual. I actually just do that, I never build grain silos or anything, just 2 farms per province and 1 yellow food building(on the capital) with 2 temples to convert the region and then some economic buildings. This will make your provinces very fertile, making them grow fast and let you build more buildings in them faster.
    You build barracks only on the borders to allow you to recruit men and run them to war faster and to help the borders have more garrison units defending.
    When you get to maximum level of buildings you will need the public order capital building and that's it. You will probably have around 100+ food surplus in the late game, by this stage you should have 2 or 3 dedicated provinces with full food buildings because of the grain resource(+80% agriculture farming) so those provinces will have 25 food surplus and will be producing 10k+ each turn.

PD: I've done this only with a Rome Campaign, I don't know if you can do the same with barbarians and other cultures. And also the quantities of wars you are engaged on may not allow you to make this strategy work as I've never had more than 2 full armies in the early-mid game.

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    Or just give the systems a try for a bit and maybe you will find out they aren't actually that convoluted, make sense and work well. They aren't overly restrictive.

But, if you still hate them just use a disable submod for pop or supply as KAM said.
    I have played a number of campaigns already, and with Rome specifically, which I have a ton of experience with. My gripe with 1.2, and I fully recognize that it's just a personal preference, is that there are just too many variables influencing my income, food supply, population growth, etc and I never feel like I have a good grasp of why things are happening. I see my income rise and fall seemingly randomly (I know about seasons, unique regional bonuses, governors, and everything) but there are so many effects that I can't pinpoint the source of my problems. In previous DeI versions, I was still able to. The real kicker for me are the banditry, squalor, growth effects that were recently added - it makes it feel like Atila where you can't specialize provinces very well because there are too many variables to balance. It's just too much and I'm trying to find a version without those and maybe without supply system, although I'm actually pretty comfortable with that.

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    Artifex Moderator Emeritus

Hey buddy.

As KAM already said, you could disable them with our submods anytime. But I would suggest to play the full mod a bit, like Dresden wrote and I'm sure you'll love them after a while.
    For various tips and strategies you could check our gameplay thread here.

I have played a number of campaigns already, and with Rome specifically, which I have a ton of experience with. My gripe with 1.2, and I fully recognize that it's just a personal preference, is that there are just too many variables influencing my income, food supply, population growth, etc and I never feel like I have a good grasp of why things are happening. I see my income rise and fall seemingly randomly (I know about seasons, unique regional bonuses, governors, and everything) but there are so many effects that I can't pinpoint the source of my problems. In previous DeI versions, I was still able to. The real kicker for me are the banditry, squalor, growth effects that were recently added - it makes it feel like Atila where you can't specialize provinces very well because there are too many variables to balance. It's just too much and I'm trying to find a version without those and maybe without supply system, although I'm actually pretty comfortable with that.
    If you can't play with the full version feel free to use our submods and remove the things you don't like.
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; February 21, 2018 at 11:04 AM.