Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Desert Kingdoms DLC Pack

Morticia Iunia Bruti's Avatar Praeses

Default Re: Desert Kingdoms DLC Pack

Quote Originally Posted by Welsh Dragon View Post
    Thanks.

Yep. There's probably limitations as to what they can do, so baby steps. But still, having the AI be better at reacting to breaches in walls and gates is a welcome addition.

All the Best,

Welsh Dragon.
    Even Rome wasn´t built at one day.
    Cause tomorrow is a brand-new day
    And tomorrow you'll be on your way
    Don't give a damn about what other people say
    Because tomorrow is a brand-new day

Welsh Dragon's Avatar Content Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus_Iunius View Post
    Even Rome wasn´t built at one day.
    Very true.

All the Best,

Welsh Dragon.

Very good points Perfanios and I'd advise not responding to any of them and putting them on the ignore list.

I wonder if it will be the same people responding in the thrones of Brittannia threads soon enough. Funny how they arent there now but are only here because this dlc is released.

And the "Rome wasnt built in a day" comment. How utterly ridiculous. I'd be so embarrassed to post something so trite.

p.s seems Thrones is getting some interesting comments etc on youtube......gonna be a fun one. In a sense I should be happy because it proves what have been saying for some time but if anything it's just a shame.
    Last edited by Totalheadache; March 20, 2018 at 06:52 PM.

Daruwind's Avatar Citizen

Yeye I´m definitely talking only here..except discussing news for Warhammer, R2 new campaign, ToB and playing Kingdome Come and Mechwarrior online

I have different theory, people are predominantly discussing in latest topic ...for R2 it is either the last DLC or the future one.

I find it quite funny that some fans of TWs are hoping...wishing for a failure instead of looking for success of their beloved franchise. True fans.
    Last edited by Daruwind; March 20, 2018 at 08:05 PM.
    DMR: (R2) (Attila) (ToB) (Wh1/2) (3K) (Troy)

@Daruwind: Do it like my cat with those fans:

http://www.mediafire.com/view/uwkmlqrsdcb7y3s/jacko.jpg

Last edited by Morticia Iunia Bruti; March 21, 2018 at 06:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Totalheadache View Post
    Very good points Perfanios and I'd advise not responding to any of them and putting them on the ignore list.

I wonder if it will be the same people responding in the thrones of Brittannia threads soon enough. Funny how they arent there now but are only here because this dlc is released.

And the "Rome wasnt built in a day" comment. How utterly ridiculous. I'd be so embarrassed to post something so trite.

p.s seems Thrones is getting some interesting comments etc on youtube......gonna be a fun one. In a sense I should be happy because it proves what have been saying for some time but if anything it's just a shame.
    But, doing that isn't the equivalent of saying something and then putting your hands on ears and screaming "I can't hear you! I can't hear you!"?
    Doesn't seems to be a very mature approach to discussing.

What a bunch of nonsense. (@1. Its cut content? really mate? They just kept this one for 5 years as a PR stunt eh?

2. Already paid for? No.

3-4. I dont know about the mods since i am not interested in them but it sounds like a bigger problem thats not really the fault of the DLC. They should allow you to create factions and maps.

5. What i said was that i had a female character as Macedon. I havent tested the DLC with that many factions but i believe female generals are only available to a few factions. For Macedon she only has the role of a statesman character.(can do diplomacy, feast, administrator and bonuses from traits) and i dont think they can be faction leaders. Maybe someone else can give you more info on this.
    Its pretty obvious from the marketing and design decisions that CA is very influenced by hollywood's portrayal of these eras: Romans drowning in red dye, Sparta, firework arrows and Napalm.
    You get what you pay for.

6. How are they disrespecting me by releasing more content for a game thats already very old and has more than enough content?

7. Releasing broken games is definitely not acceptable and i am also not a fan of cutting factions out for pre order bonuses and other nonsense. But you are right that i am encouraging them to release more stuff like this dlc. You hear that CA? Release more please.
    Also, it sound like you have a problem with CA in general. Maybe you should stop supporting all their games not just this DLC.

8. OOOOOOHH! I so dont give a flying frack that a bunch of youtubers arent their free shoite early.
    Its their event, so it should be their decision over who gets invited.

'Different people, different standards, different tastes.'
    See, i agree with this but i dont think you do.

Quote Originally Posted by KamenLily View Post
    But, doing that isn't the equivalent of saying something and then putting your hands on ears and screaming "I can't hear you! I can't hear you!"?
    Doesn't seems to be a very mature approach to discussing.
    So am immature for using a function of this website. Mmm kk....whatever.

I was trying to save another member here aka perianos the time in responding to drivel. But I think he realises. So no worries!

Was being helpful!!!
    Last edited by Totalheadache; March 22, 2018 at 11:44 AM.

So am immature for using a function of this website. Mmm kk....whatever.

I was trying to save another member here aka perianos the time in responding to drivel. But I think he realises. So no worries!

Was being helpful!!!
    Sorry, it's just that I still think that posting in a discussion forum and not wanting to have responses is... weird?

Plus, an this is my personal appreciation, for the general tone of the message sounded like you think that the other people's opinion doesn't have any value.
    Of course, I may be wrong, but I got that impression.

Sorry, it's just that I still think that posting in a discussion forum and not wanting to have responses is... weird?

Plus, an this is my personal appreciation, for the general tone of the message sounded like you think that the other people's opinion doesn't have any value.
    Of course, I may be wrong, but I got that impression.
    Yes and whats wrong with that? You can disagree thats fine.

Its my opinion Perfanios can do what he wants but if I believe certain people here are posting with agendas or bias I will say so.

Having a debate is fine but when certain sides of a debate are biased in that they dont argue objectively it becomes a waste of time hence why I said might as well stick them on the ignore list. If things change I might change my opinion.

Just praising something to me and being unaccepting of any criticism says to me it's a pointless discussion. I am prepared to accept things they say but not once have certain members on here said anything positive about any criticism myself or others have levelled. Just read back over the last pages its quite clear what am talking about.

But we have been there done that as it were if you missed it!

p.s debates in theory are arguments from unbiased sides presenting arguments. We dont have that here.

Yes and whats wrong with that? You can disagree thats fine.

Its my opinion Perfanios can do what he wants but if I believe certain people here are posting with agendas or bias I will say so.

Having a debate is fine but when certain sides of a debate are biased in that they dont argue objectively it becomes a waste of time hence why I said might as well stick them on the ignore list. If things change I might change my opinion.

Just praising something to me and being unaccepting of any criticism says to me it's a pointless discussion. I am prepared to accept things they say but not once have certain members on here said anything positive about any criticism myself or others have levelled. Just read back over the last pages its quite clear what am talking about.

But we have been there done that as it were if you missed it!

p.s debates in theory are arguments from unbiased sides presenting arguments. We dont have that here.
    But the same couldn't be said about you? But at the opposite side of the spectrum?

And being honest, I don't think that unbiased discussion is possible at all. Everyone is in certain degree biased. But as long as people is polite and respectful.

The agenda thing puzzle me by the way. Agendas like...?

Agendas like...?
    Agendas like being happy and enjoying the game and DLCs That´s my guild!

EDIT: We can look at it in two ways...1) bloody hell, CA is still poking dead horse, charging us money for cut content, not fixing 95% important bugs and ing our precious OP super hardcore mods!!! OMG and not releasing proper Med 2 in new engine instead of this crappy disco kids uber heros show!! OMG

or 2) WoW CA is not forgetting older games! Finally some improvements and content and new opportunities for modders, let´s be happy R2 is now better than a half year ago! And be optimistic about new campaign
    Last edited by Daruwind; March 23, 2018 at 11:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daruwind View Post
    OMG and not releasing proper Med 2 in new engine instead of this crappy disco kids uber heros show!! OMG
    ^^

My impression is, that this is exactly the main cause for criticism, that Rome II is no Rome HD with better graphics.

Quote Originally Posted by Daruwind View Post
    Agendas like being happy and enjoying the game and DLCs That´s my guild!

EDIT: We can look at it in two ways...1) bloody hell, CA is still poking dead horse, charging us money for cut content, not fixing 95% important bugs and ing our precious OP super hardcore mods!!! OMG and not releasing proper Med 2 in new engine instead of this crappy disco kids uber heros show!! OMG

or 2) WoW CA is not forgetting older games! Finally some improvements and content and new opportunities for modders, let´s be happy R2 is now better than a half year ago! And be optimistic about new campaign
    Wow so you admit CA could be poking a dead horse? Wow! It's a miracle.

But then you take the piss at the same time kinda proving my point.

And I don't think anyone on here would begrudge someone fun!

Wow so you admit CA could be poking a dead horse? Wow! It's a miracle.

But then you take the piss at the same time kinda proving my point.

And I don't think anyone on here would begrudge someone fun!
    Nope. It is called sarcasm,irony...from my side. That is like my interpretation what some people might think. It is their opinion, not mine... I´m for the second option ;-) Having fun and enjoying poking undead horse as much as possible!

I came here hoping to discuss the game. I don't want debates, arguments, anything hostile or negative, just a friendly discussion. There are a lot of interesting developments happening in the game and TW in general, but I'm struggling to find anywhere to chat about it without getting drowned out by warhammer trolls and the same old complaints as nauseum.

We know and acknowledge there are problems in the game. Can we move on from that, please?

Quote Originally Posted by Theramines View Post
    I came here hoping to discuss the game. I don't want debates, arguments, anything hostile or negative, just a friendly discussion. There are a lot of interesting developments happening in the game and TW in general, but I'm struggling to find anywhere to chat about it without getting drowned out by warhammer trolls and the same old complaints as nauseum.

We know and acknowledge there are problems in the game. Can we move on from that, please?
    That's not how the world works am afraid. We all want to be happy with total wars but just wanting to discuss positive aspects does nothing to improve the series. (Or goto the praise thread)

Some of you don't seem to realise we are trying to make things better for all.

And its present in the games industry as a whole so just sweeping it under the carpet gets people nowhere.

Problem is people here seem to be way too personally attached to a video game or as I have alluded to have "agendas". (I.e are linked to the series either as an employee or say as a modder/YouTubers) .

If you are getting upset by discussing negative aspects shows you aren't approaching the subject logically or objectively.

P.s some of us have been vocal about thrones of Brittania and it's delayed so hopefully you will get a better product/fun. So you see criticism and really dissecting issues can be beneficial to all.

And Daruwind that's exactly my point there's no point discussing these topics if some of u can't seem to give any ground. (The case above shows that CA does listen to feedback from here or YouTube).

I have a feeling it was from YouTube as thrones got some real flak not just from me but others
    Last edited by Totalheadache; March 23, 2018 at 05:12 PM.

No, I wanted neither to praise nor criticise it. imagine that.

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

I came here hoping to discuss the game. I don't want debates, arguments, anything hostile or negative, just a friendly discussion.
    For what it's worth, I'd like friendly discussion of the game, too.

Well said!

Quote Originally Posted by Alwyn View Post
    For what it's worth, I'd like friendly discussion of the game, too.

Well said!
    You only move on when the problems cease unless of course you dont see there are problems. But then thats why these disucssions will continue.

No-one here wants to be "unfriendly". Not sure where you are getting that from.

p.s I dont want the series to go like COD but some of you seem quite happy for this to happen.