Thread: Question regarding unlocking new lords for Tomb Kings

Default Question regarding unlocking new lords for Tomb Kings

Hi all,

I'm currently playing as Settra in my new campaign. After some time I've managed to research wisdom if first dynasty and then second. They both give an option to unlock new powerful lord at cost of 200 canopic jars.

Which I did - yet the lord is not showing in my lords pool. I get a pop up saying that I've done research and he will be available in my lords pool, but so far nothing happened.

How long I have to wait to see him and use him to raise new army? Or do I unlock/recruit him in different way? Or because I use mods the whole mechanic is bugged?

TIA for all your answers

Default Re: Question regarding unlocking new lords for Tomb Kings

Would be the mods. WHich ones you using? I use like a dozen and I'e not had such a problem come up, they do not affect things like characters or anything like that.

You are unlocking them in the correct way. You just need to wait one turn for the research to complete, and the new lord will show up in the regular recruitment list.

I doubt anyone can say for sure whether it is due to your mods. Personally, I only enable relatively "safe" mods when playing new content, like ones which make changes to the camera or cosmetics. Total transformation mods can introduce many subtle bugs especially in brand new content, so I'd suggest disabling these and seeing if that fixes the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by daelin4 View Post
    Would be the mods. WHich ones you using? I use like a dozen and I'e not had such a problem come up, they do not affect things like characters or anything like that.
    Almost 90 in total, so it will be hard to narrow down culprit + it takes a while to get 200 canopic jars just for trying it to switch on and off different mods.

Oh well - I shall used normal lords instead of...

Thank you guys for confirming that is working fine from your side.

I usually start by toggling all off just to see if it works- if it does then you already know it's one of your mods being a culprit and thus factor out it being a game bug.
    Then I just go from there eliminating the obvious candidates, ie a problem with skillpoints or something would mean I start with mods that affect skillpoints or characters in general.

I also think by recollection that the unlocked Lords are available for recruitment immediately; in the few campaigns I tried they never required me to wait a turn or two. These dudes are basically the TJ equivalent of unlockable LLs, they are even immortal when recruited. The "regular" ones however are not, and IMO are not even worth recruiting- you already invested into unlocking army capacity so unless absolute emergency those Lords aren't worth the slots they take.

You use 90 mods in total?!

That's completely insane; of course it is going to cause bugs...

Exactly which mods are used is the problem much more so than the number. For all we know they each deal with separate issues so that you don't get a game crash at loading screen, which is usually what I experience. And I only use like ten mods.

The mod would have to deal with things like time it takes to recover from wound, to be able to interfere with Lord availability. A mod that changes your Dwarf Warriors' shields to rainbow isn't going to be culprit, not unless the modder was THAT sloppy!

Someone should really do a mod that diversifies the Tomb King lords as the dynasty ones look no different from a regular Tomb Lord and aren't apart from their immortality and their unique buffs otherwise they are essentially the same unit, I mean with Alastar the White Lion he is quite unique and in no way resembles a standard High Elf Prince but the Dynasty Tomb Lords no difference in appearance
    Supreme Commander of the Galactic Federation, Emperor of the Virtupets Empire, Star King
    Certified Genius
    M L I G: Mandy Luxe is the Greatest
    Erasiel Darkar is OP! Never will be nerfed! He is Winx

can anyone do it