Thread: How the earth looked like in different eras .Pictures taken from random websites .(Incomplete )

Default How the earth looked like in different eras .Pictures taken from random websites .(Incomplete )

I made this to put together various pictures of eras of earth in one place because i myself did not find any such site .Its great to see an artist's imagination in work .Apart from being a somewhat ok source for learners it may also inspire Stellaris players and Roleplayers .

Hadean era .(4.6 bl -4bl years ago)

"Hadean" (from Hades, the Greek god of the underworld) describes the hellish conditions then prevailing on Earth: the planet had just formed and was still very hot owing to its recent accretion, the abundance of short-lived radioactive elements, and frequent collisions with other Solar System bodies.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Archean era

The Archean Eon is a geologic eon, 4,000 to 2,500 million years ago (4 to 2.5 billion years), that followed the Hadean Eon and preceded the Proterozoic Eon. During the Archean, the Earth's crust had cooled enough to allow the formation of continents.

Stenian era .
    The Stenian Period is the final geologic period in the Mesoproterozoic Era and lasted from 1200 Mya to 1000 Mya (million years ago). Instead of being based on stratigraphy, these dates are defined chronometrically. The name derives from narrow polymetamorphic belts formed over this period.

The supercontinent Rodinia assembled during the Stenian. It would last into the Tonian period.

This period includes the formation of the Keweenawan Rift at about 1100 Mya.[1]
    Last edited by Owlparrot3; February 19, 2018 at 10:19 AM.
    100% mobile poster so pls forgive grammer

Indefinitely Banned

Default Re: How the earth looked like in different eras .Pictures taken from random websites .(Incomplete )

looks amazing mate, good find!

Default Re: How the earth looked like in different eras .Pictures taken from random websites .(Incomplete )

Thanks man .

I am making a second post because of reasons .,
    Anyone is free to update this one .I might not get the time .Just post some good picture and name of the eras .

I've been always interested in paleontology and archeology (from time to time volunteer with any projects help concerning historical resources). There's also an interactive Earth mode on DinosaurPictures, if you'd like to see how Earth looked like 170 million years ago. Or you may be interested in a Photo Timeline on LiveScience - How the Earth Formed (can't copy the photos from the article).

Prof. Terry Lewis