Thread: how to creat texture for rome2 and shougun2 with substance painter2 (or quik suit)?

Default how to creat texture for rome2 and shougun2 with substance painter2 (or quik suit)?

Hey , guys . I am a one of the developer of total_fots team . I am creating new unit for total_fots mod . I used substaince painter to creat new amazing texture for my unit , however , I am coufused about the export option . And I was suprised by the difference between in game model and substaince model .
    in substaince , it look like this :
    [IMG][/IMG]
    however , in game model look like this :
    [IMG][/IMG]
    the model might look a bit different since I change the normal map .
    So here is my quetion : what kind of texture I should export from substance painter (or quike suite , I have both of them ) , and what kind of texture (like base color , gloss , matalic , roughness ....) I should used for our diffuse , gloss_map texture(for rome2 or shougun2 , picke the one you know , I am will creating mod for rome2 later ,so I need to know that as well , but if you know both , tell me the process for shougun2 first ) . If anyone could give me a details process , I will be very appriciated . I do notice that Rise of Mordor team have done great job about it , if you are one of the member of that team and happen to see this thread , please try to answer it , any other friend from TWC know somthing about this are welcomed to post your advice as well .

Thanks
    harry

Frunk's Avatar Form Follows Function
    Moderator Emeritus

Default Re: how to creat texture for rome2 and shougun2 with substance painter2 (or quik suit)?

Mr.Jox's Avatar WHY SO SERIOUS?!

Default Re: how to creat texture for rome2 and shougun2 with substance painter2 (or quik suit)?

First of all your should use Substance Painter 2 shader created by our RoM team leader Vikus: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...bstance-(v1-2)

After that you need to set up export parameters in the way like this:

Good Luck