Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Times served award for long standing members?

Halie Satanus's Avatar Emperor of ice cream
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Times served award for long standing members?

Quote Originally Posted by Ngugi View Post
    In HEX we trust.
    In Hex we trust.

General Brewster's Avatar The Flying Dutchman
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Times served award for long standing members?

Quote Originally Posted by Veteraan View Post
    A milestone in my view really has to be a milestone. In the end, it is rewarding quantity, not quality when considering the post count. However, being active here for 10 years, even when there could be large periods of time with no activity, is showing real perseverance, which for me is the more important reason to grant the award. So for me, no 3 and 5 years Milestone (Hecto- and Kilometer awards?).

It has been made clear quite a few times that it is very difficult, if not impossible to restore Brig's missing posts. I think a Curial decision on this is not very productive. However, I too would not like it if the greater part of my posts suddenly would have disappeared.
    Perhaps we could ask the Curator to contact GED about this matter. If only to finally have a definitive answer, even when it is likely to be a "No".

If we are going to discuss the missing posts, it should probably be moved to a separate thread,
    Quote Originally Posted by Lifthrasir View Post
    As far as I understood, the missing posts can't be restored. I'm not sure that the amount of posts can be "artificially" increased to let Brigadier Graham reach the 10,000. The last option is to consider if the Milestone Award can be granted when the 10 years are reached and despite the current amount of posts not reaching 10,000

Considering the circumstances, I'd be in favor.
    My lovely assistant has done the bulk of answering I see. It's been made pretty clear that the restoration of Brig's posts is not something likely to happen. I do agree with the above that he deserves it nonetheless when he meets the 10 year mark but, I neither have a doubt in my mind that Hex will agree with this and give it to him when the time comes As said in hex we trust.

I'm going to archive this now

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12