Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: A Guide for Guilds

Default Re: A Guide for Guilds (MAJOR UPDATE 3/9/07)

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier View Post
    Does anyone know how much the movement bonus is for explorers guild HQ? I have mine in Leon, and my siege workshop there, in the hope that it will allow my trebuchets to keep up with the rest of my army... but they still are slower.
    Correct me if I'm mistaken, but I think explorers guilds only give traits/ancillaries to generals/admirals to give them more movement points. As far as I know there is no way to increase the basic movement points, without adjusting them for all units. You can try to edit the unit type in EDU and make them infantry to see if they can keep up with the rest of the army. Movement points are fixed per unit type (infantry 100%; cavalry 150%; siege 75%).

Zem's Avatar Laetus

Quote Originally Posted by pwijnands View Post
    Correct me if I'm mistaken, but I think explorers guilds only give traits/ancillaries to generals/admirals to give them more movement points. As far as I know there is no way to increase the basic movement points, without adjusting them for all units. You can try to edit the unit type in EDU and make them infantry to see if they can keep up with the rest of the army. Movement points are fixed per unit type (infantry 100%; cavalry 150%; siege 75%).
    There may be some traits that increase the speed (e.g. Naval Navigator, Intrepid Explorer, etc.)

Zem's Avatar Laetus

I can't find these traits but read of them:
    http://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=75649

They are ancillaries, not traits. And they will only affect troops led by that general admiral.

The way I read Garnier's post, he was looking for a way to give siege equipment equal movement points to infantry. Getting those ancillaries will make the entire army under the command of that general move further, so the artillery will still be the limiting factor.

Its not a problem anymore as Kingdoms has an entry in descr_campaign.db.xml where I can make siege units move the same speed as infantry.

Anyway, another question. I want to make it so all guilds are limited to one per faction. Is there a way to do this? So for instance, as HRE if I get one teutonic knights house, I won't ever be offered one in a different settlement.

EDIT:

Perhaps this will do it:
    building guild_teutonic_knights_chapter_house
    {
    convert_to guild_teutonic_knights_chapter_house
    levels teutonic_knights_minor_ch teutonic_knights_major_ch teutonic_knights_hq
    {
    teutonic_knights_minor_ch requires factions { hre, slave, } and not FactionBuildingExists >= teutonic_knights_minor_ch
    {
    convert_to 0
    capability
    {
    recruit_pool "Ritterbruder" 1 0.2 1 0 requires factions { hre, slave, }
    recruit_pool "Dismounted Ritterbruder" 1 0.15 1 0 requires factions { hre, slave, }
    recruit_pool "Halbbruder" 1 0.15 1 0 requires factions { hre, slave, }
    recruit_pool "Dismounted Halbbruder" 1 0.05 1 0 requires factions { hre, slave, }
    recruit_pool "Sword Brethren" 1 0.05 1 0 requires factions { hre, slave, }
    }
    material stone
    construction 1
    cost 100;;;0
    settlement_min large_town
    upgrades
    {
    teutonic_knights_major_ch
    }
    }
    Last edited by Garnier; January 18, 2008 at 08:28 AM.

Retired moderator of TWC
    | Under the patronage of Atterdag

Thanks, I knew I found a modifier for that before but couldn't find it anymore.

Awesome Dark Knight + rep
    Signature by Lucarius.

Hi.
    I'm trying to use guilds for a different objective, and my first step was to delete all the guilds. It took some time to eliminate all the traces in different files, but finally the game worked.

Now I've tried to add one guild from scratch, using this excellent guide.

First trial: one new guild, with only one test trigger. The game arrives to the 5th turn and then crashes with the message of "a undetermined error ocurred".

Just in an attempt to find the origin to this problem, I've included only masons_guild, with all the triggers that affect this guild and the general ones (including the normalizer). Everything was ok until turn 40, when the game crashes with the same message, and due to the guild was triggered.

What am I doing wrong?
    Any idea?

how do you add st johns chapter house to the descr_strat file for england buecause when i did put in guild_st_johns_chapter_house for one of the buildings the game would not continue after i clicked start campian?? HELP ANYONE WHAT IS THE CORRECT NAME FOR ST> JOHNS GUILD????

hey Garnier did ur script to limit 1 guild type per faction work???
    or does anyone know how you can do this or even better make it like limit only 2 thieves guilds per faction???

thanks

Has anyone been able to successfully make a new guild? I've followed the instructions in making a new guild, but nothing seems to occur. Also, trying to play it out of a mod has the tendency for the mod to not boot up. Is there anyone that can tell me what to do after step 9?

Default Question about destroyed guild

Hello there, I'd like to know if I can have 1 master guild and 1 HQ ? That mean after I upgrade my master guild to HQ, could I also upgrade another guild from others city into another master guild ?

And btw is there any way to find out if other faction has already built the HQ ? In my game I have 2 master thief guild(1 is built by myself and 1 is gained as I conquer France). But after that they do not offer me any more chance to upgrade even though I built a lot of tavern, Inn , brothel etc all across my land, and keep recruiting spy from the city where my master theft guild is placed

One more question please . I aim to construct a good band of cardinal for my empire's sake. So currently I start to build from scratch 2 towns (in 2 island next to Rome) into 2 divined city,which will have huge cathedral, high rate of priest recruited, no brothel etc.

Unfortunately I accidentally build a minor Templars chapter here . So shall I destroyed the chapter to continue building my divined city and wait for the theologian guild ? I already have Templars HQ. And please don't even mind about my auto save, I can not load it anymore.

Btw I have many huge cathedral in others city, which only has thief guild. Should I destroyed those thief guild(I have had master thief guild already) and wait for the theologian guild in my huge city or in those 2 small islands ?

Default Re: Question about destroyed guild

First of all, THANK YOU Darkknight for this wonderful guide!

Sumonious,
    You can only have 1 Major Chapter House in your kingdom. If it were me, I would destroy the other thieves guilds and wait for other more useful guilds. You already have your Major Chapter House, so build your spies there. Hope I was of some help!

I know this has been asked before, but I've never seen an answer. Is there a hardcoded limit to the number of guilds you can have?
    Son of PW

Augustus Lucifer's Avatar Life = Like a beanstalk
    Patrician Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Theodotos I View Post
    I know this has been asked before, but I've never seen an answer. Is there a hardcoded limit to the number of guilds you can have?
    If none has been found, you only have one way to find out. Keep adding until it crashes, if it ever does, and when it does, cut out an old entry and keep your new guild to make sure it isn't the new entry. Then you know you've hit the hardcoded limit. Buildings have a limit of something like ~128 trees, and each guild requires a tree, so the absolute maximum is like 100 if you had no other buildings at all besides the basics.

Quote Originally Posted by Augustus Lucifer View Post
    If none has been found, you only have one way to find out. Keep adding until it crashes, if it ever does, and when it does, cut out an old entry and keep your new guild to make sure it isn't the new entry. Then you know you've hit the hardcoded limit. Buildings have a limit of something like ~128 trees, and each guild requires a tree, so the absolute maximum is like 100 if you had no other buildings at all besides the basics.
    Thanks for answering. Unfortunately, I don't have that kind of time. Maybe someone will find out and post their discovery.
    Son of PW

Augustus Lucifer's Avatar Life = Like a beanstalk
    Patrician Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Theodotos I View Post
    Thanks for answering. Unfortunately, I don't have that kind of time. Maybe someone will find out and post their discovery.
    There's no point to try and cause it, because 15,000 entries later you just wasted a lot of time. Just examine it as a probable cause if you get an error.

Foederatus

I once played as England and invaded Milan i conqered Marseille and i found a Thieves guild HQ in there (southern european), i had a Thieves guild HQ in York (northern european). Was it a bug or is it like coltures, every colture has guild HQ of a type?

Condottiere SOG's Avatar Domesticus

What is the probability of creating new guilds and adding them to missions file. Is it indeed hardcoded(my most disfavored word)? Frank Herbert turns in his grave as well.

Great Overview!