Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Anno Domini New Versions Announcements - Bug Fixes

Default Re: Anno Domini New Versions Announcements - Bug Fixes

Actually I just tested to see if AD could work in a separate folder install in patch 1.2 and IT DID!

I'm working now to make a new version ready for Patch 1.2. The point is that the huge reworking of the gameplay would also need me to write a manual about it and AD isn't my full time job

So rest assured a new version will come out but I want a professional release so time is needed.
    Last edited by Re Berengario I; April 14, 2007 at 06:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Re Berengario I View Post
    Actually I just tested to see if AD could work in a separate folder install in patch 1.2 and IT DID!

I'm working now to make a new version ready for Patch 1.2. The point is that the huge reworking of the gameplay would also need I have to write a manual about it and AD isn't my full time job

So I rest assured a new version will com out but I want a professional release so it's need time.
    After CA's disaster with 1.2, what about some beta testing?

IrAr's Avatar Senator

Great job with the cultural advances, Re!

CtrlAltDe1337's Avatar Praepositus

Looks great RB, take your time making the release as good as possible.

gilgalad's Avatar Libertus

To His Most Noble Lord and Proprietor of Anno Domini,

I must concur with the many chivalrous congratulatory exclamations regarding Anno Domini's enriching contributions to the historically disappointing M2TW. When first I prechanced to engage the said modification the thought occurred to me that indeed this mod entails the advantageous state of the medieval environment--the way the game should have been released for the moderately astute populace (anyone who did not sleep though World History in high school no less). I especially bemuse the expansive re-regioning, sensible turn length, and load/event screens displaying the timeless images of the foregone period.

First, and most properly, I hoped to inquire on the possibility of itemized modification in future versions. I understand that much of the programming leads to interdependent gameplay features. But it would berth a most agreeable utility that allows for choices in installing certain features while leaving others out. Perhaps this would lower the long turn rotation a bit. I am really only interested in the historical messages and events plus the 3 particulars listed above. The overzealous rebels and some other features affront indifference. Other mouse-bearing knights, I am sure, have their own preferences for which this suggestion, if possible, would address.

Second, and less properly, I have encountered a problem I have not seen posted as of yet (although I may have overlooked (hardly) it in the plethora of postings; note that I was playing with M2TW v.1.0 and AD 0.93--if that is the problem I would not find a surprise and a simple affirmative "yes" from you will suffice in response, even a speculative one). Anyway, the problem is while playing the valiant Scots: In 1095 I joined His Holiness's call to free Jerusalem from the infidels and also sent a lesser for to take Norway. By 1097 I found the coffers not only dry but extending to the bottomlessness of Hell itself (from +12,000 to -19,000 or there abouts). I then resurrected a save game at 1095 before joining the crusade or sending the other army, leaving a moderate garrison throughout the 6-region kingdom and still ended in the red a couple years down the road. All the while on these scenarios the financial projection is a positive of about 3000 a turn--really a cost of at least that amount of coin.

Also, in general, AI factions seldom form alliances (but I have not played past 1100). And there are no heretics (something I enjoyed in vanilla).
    I plan to start a new campaign with M2TW v1.1 and AD 0.93, maybe with Spain and see if things clear up.

Your most humble Vassal

Lord Gilgalad the Valorous
    Last edited by gilgalad; April 15, 2007 at 12:26 AM.

Armies on the field cost you a lot, and if they're far from your capital a lot of a lot!

Heretics are there, but historical ones and more dangerous than in vanilla (they could also attract your vassals and generals to the dark side of the force ).

About the modularity, beside the thing isn't realistically feasible because MTW2 is not modular, it would also make very few sense to keep your reputation good if you don't have any malus when it slips to bad.

The goal in AD isn't overexpansion or empire building and the new versions will provide different winning conditions (for the ones who care for winning conditions).
    Last edited by Re Berengario I; April 15, 2007 at 11:13 AM.

gilgalad's Avatar Libertus

Well said my Most Frugal Liege

Yet I still wish to inquire regarding crusader armies. Is their cost zero as it appears in the game (and as in vanilla) or is their a hidden cost for sending a force of rampaging militant zealots away from my kingdom. To wit is say. Also, will anything change regarding crusader armies in the forth coming version.

Salutations, Noble Lord

Crusades and Jihad cost you exactly the same as the other armies once on the field and not into a settlement.

The thing won't change in the next versions as the only successfull crusades (the 1^ and 4^) were more hordes (in the TW system) than regular armies.

Crusades leaded by kings and emperors all failed, the most taking a toll from the them: life (Luis IX, Friedrich I Barbarossa) or the kingdom (Richard CoerDeLeon). They costed them incredibly cash and only the most rich factions could afford to set up a regular crusade army. The most smart was Friedrich II who bought Jerusalem out of the Sultan.

As AD is aimed you to act like a medieval king you have the goal to outsmart the real kings suffering their same penalties... will you able to?

IrAr's Avatar Senator

I hate to pressure you, Re, but do you have a vague idea of when the next AD version will be released?

Quote Originally Posted by IrAr View Post
    I hate to pressure you, Re, but do you have a vague idea of when the next AD version will be released?
    I don't because I'll have to run extensive tests and tuning with the new buildings, maybe I could succeed soon, maybe it could take some time to find the right balance.

Eastern Red's Avatar Semisalis

Hi RB,
    I decided to delete other mods along with a fresh M2TW installation and I must admit that it was worth the sacrifice. Very unique gameplay and stable.
    The screenie artworks are impressive and they added to a good medieval ambiance. Currently playing as Venexia on h/h (0.93 beta) with more than 20 turns and the chain of events create a sense of RPG experience and thats my kind of interest.
    One issue is the missing landbridge linking Venexia and Padua. I noticed there are landbridges that span longer distances. Was that landbridge deliberately removed?
    If only I had discover your mod earlier.....grrrr! Cheers and rejoice!

THE BEGINNING OF A NEW ERA
    COURTESY OF LORD RAHL

jimmy spong's Avatar Campidoctor

r u ever gonna release 1.0 ?

I have a problem. There are texsts missing in the campaign game like when i open my faction page there are no leters like Faction leader and greatest general. How can i fix this?

Libertus

how do i download this mod?? :c

Is this mod dead ?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345