Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Anno Domini New Versions Announcements - Bug Fixes

Default Re: Anno Domini New Versions Announcements - Bug Fixes

Ok, I completed the revision of House of Normandy-Anjou banners.

Now they're all historical (of the dinasty and of the most important barons and cities) included the royal banner which displays the most used arms of the Household in the middleage.

Hey man I just installed AD. It looks to be cool but, the ai turns move so slow.
    Did I do something wrong? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Abe View Post
    Hey man I just installed AD. It looks to be cool but, the ai turns move so slow.
    Did I do something wrong? Thanks
    Nothing wrong, make sure you disable the "follow AI movement" check.

Quote Originally Posted by Re Berengario I View Post
    Nothing wrong, make sure you disable the "follow AI movement" check.
    Thanks, I did get rid of the follow option. so the mod versions have a much slow AI turn then?
    Last edited by Abe; February 24, 2007 at 10:16 PM.

Thanks, so the mod versions have a much slow AI turn then?
    It depends on what the mod does.

Tante Grazie, I will just defragment then hopefully it won't be 5 minutes between turns. This mod is great I like the new cities. So, so cool. Ciao

Tante Grazie, I will just defragment then hopefully it won't be 5 minutes between turns. This mod is great I like the new cities. So, so cool. Ciao
    There's not just some new cities, that's why the long AI turns. Make sure to read the "readme" file included with the mod to get the list of all the modifications and the explaination of the gameplay (which is kind of different from plain MTW2).

Quote Originally Posted by Re Berengario I View Post
    There's not just some new cities, that's why the long AI turns. Make sure to read the "readme" file included with the mod to get the list of all the modifications and the explaination of the gameplay (which is kind of different from plain MTW2).
    I know, I was playing RTJ 2.1. I did not like the battles. Archers are terrible. I like to play as England and HRE.... I just went and fought the Welsh Army 1181 now that is pretty cool. Thanks for your help.

the change in loading times from 92 to 93 is indeed quite brutal...

Quote Originally Posted by Erioluk View Post
    the change in loading times from 92 to 93 is indeed quite brutal...
    ... so is the gameplay

Manuel Komnenos's Avatar Senator

I don't know is this a bug, but byz spearman are different than vanilla. In vanilla they have better equpment, if I remember correctly. Did you changed them?
    Why we dig up the past? To understand it.

Quote Originally Posted by Manuel Komnenos View Post
    I don't know is this a bug, but byz spearman are different than vanilla. In vanilla they have better equpment, if I remember correctly. Did you changed them?
    I didn't and I also don't think Darth Vader did. I remember from my vanilla Byzs campaigns (yeah I confess, I play Byzs usually) that they were really poor. The only decent spears were the dismounted lancers.

♔ST0MPA♔'s Avatar Ordinarius

Wow them banners look awesome ber. when will we get to use them
    "Yeah tho I walk through the valley of the shadow of death; I shall fear no evil... for I'm the meanest sonofa in the valley."

Manuel Komnenos's Avatar Senator

I think that in vanilla were three types of spearmen - first town militia, second spear militia, and byzantine spearmen, and I think that in vanilla he was better equiped, something like dismounted lacer, but with spear. And byz spearmen in your mod is like town militia, but more expensive. Can you check vanilla look of spearmen.
    Why we dig up the past? To understand it.

Quote Originally Posted by Manuel Komnenos View Post
    I think that in vanilla were three types of spearmen - first town militia, second spear militia, and byzantine spearmen, and I think that in vanilla he was better equiped, something like dismounted lacer, but with spear. And byz spearmen in your mod is like town militia, but more expensive. Can you check vanilla look of spearmen.
    Mate I didn't changed the units STILL. And the only modifications that my mod have are the ones made by Darth Vader which consists of a rebalancing of stats and costs. Still Byz Spearmen sucked in vanilla, I remember I had to use Lancers to have something a bit more reliable.

Btw, if you go to check vanilla units you'll notice town militia, spear militia and byz spearmen are completely identical stat wise.
    Last edited by Re Berengario I; February 25, 2007 at 09:40 PM.

i always thought the town militia would be slightly beter due the the sheild bug. they had more defence skill and the other had more sheild ar.

Lord Finga's Avatar Decanus

hi,

after suffering some crashes during playing ANNO DOMINI which i really like (nice work! ), i looked through the descr_campaign_ai_db.xml and found some little mistakes which could be the cause of the crashes (found them using the new xml-notepad by microsoft). i corrected them as well i could, nevertheless i'm not sure if these were the mistakes which lead to the errors. maybe you look over my corrected file using a diff-program and see if i could be right...

NOTE: i didn't do any tests with this new file yet due to having a problem with my pc. but i will retrieve this as soon as possible.

EDIT: i've now played with the changed file for a while and there occured no CTDs or complete crashes yet ... hope that this will remain so...

EDIT: after playing a few hours another CTD occured... don't know y this happens. but it's only with this mod. vanilla and Deus Lo Vult worked perfectly.... Yet i would recommend everyone to download and use the fixed file, so that the descr_campaign_ai_db.xml is compiled correctly.
    Last edited by Lord Finga; March 24, 2007 at 12:09 PM.

INVENTOR OF THE SettlementOccupiedScript v08 #4(SOS) for dlv 3.0
    INVENTOR OF THE ChangeCapital v2.04 for dlv 5.2

This is a quick hint on what I'm currently working on:

Echbart's Avatar Decanus

I must say this mod is fantastic! The best mod for medieval period

I cant wait for new update

Default Re: AD: Bugs Thread

Any news on the rework?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast