Thread: Turn times

Default Turn times

A question, are turn times suppose to take 5min to pass? Atleast for me, the turn times are horrible, and I thought Stainless Steel was bad.

I also didn't get any message talking about the cursus honorum while playing as Rome, and some people said I should've gotten it. Is my installation broken?

Default Re: Turn times

Normally they're much faster than that for me. If they are stopping on one particular faction for a good 2-3 minutes or more, that is because they have eliminated another faction during their turn and that eliminated faction is currently hording. This can happen a few times in the game, especially early on with the 3 way split in Greece.

That shouldn't be every turn, though.

It's definitely not that. It's every turn. Maybe I did something wrong. :\

Our script is bigger and more intensive than any other M2TW mod. That will require more processing.

That said, if you're running Win10, changing the Properties on the exe to Run as Administrator and in Windows 7 Compatibility mode may help.

Turn time is very variable, I can see it with my fast machine.

Mainly, it depends on some script running and the number of provinces held by ai.

Some days, I have turns taking less than 20 seconds. (I often launch an app to learn a language on my phone but I don't even have the time to make a sentence)

Some other days it takes more than 40 seconds (without hoarding : hoarding takes a lot of times when it occurs, fast computer or not)

I often see some isolated problems that can make your life miserable.

For instance, in Pella, there is some kind of revolts but it may happen that the slave units pops on the city and can't place itself anywhere. The turn of the faction owning Pella is then infinite.

Other situations like that may be your problem. Maybe the script to pop some Galatians is failing or something else is trying very hard to occur and takes a lot of time.

You can see easily if the problem is due to an event or due to a general state by checking if it stays a lot of time on a faction's turn, if it is always the same faction or not, or if it is generally slow without any discrimination.