Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Failed to update the mods in Workshop

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

Default Re: Failed to update the mods in Workshop

Quote Originally Posted by Swiss Halberdier View Post
    I received again good news and clarification from Creative Assembly.

- The Attila mod launcher issue with the cut-off texts will be fixed.

- This is the clarification about the new mod installation behaviour by the Steam workshop. This new behaviour is controlled and forced exclusively by Steam and not by Creative Assembly. This new behaviour will be used for upcoming Total War titles too.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

OLD Mods (updated or released before the last launcher update) are still in the normal Attila data folder:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Total War Attila\data

NEW Mods (updated or released after the last launcher update) will be only stored in this folder below and they will be deleted in the Attila data folder of the subscribers:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\325610\***

- There are upcoming updates planned for the mod launchers of Warhammer 1 and Warhammer 2 in the future. These updates will also feature the same fixes and the removal of the Steam workshop Megabyte upload limit.

- These updates and fixes will be also included in the upcoming new historical games Thrones of Britannia and Three Kingdoms.

There are no release dates confirmed for these updates, but Creative Assembly works hard to release them soon.
    do you or CA mind if I share this on other TW places?
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

Quote Originally Posted by atthias View Post
    do you or CA mind if I share this on other TW places?
    Yes sure do it. CA said to me that I can publish this info officially. I already posted it on several announcement threads and there will be an announcement on the TWC front page too.

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Swiss Halberdier View Post
    Yes sure do it. CA said to me that I can publish this info officially. I already posted it on several announcement threads and there will be an announcement on the TWC front page too.
    good I have posted in the total war forums
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

Thanks a lot to all voters and the big honour of this award!

Thanks a lot also again to Caligula for creating our proposals for this award and his time and the big effort to summarize all.

I'm very pleased that the work and the efforts from Miguel_80 and me helped the TWC modding community and the overall Total War modding community.

Creative Assembly will also use all this information and fixes to improve their other Mod launchers for existing and upcoming Total War games.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123