Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What are the rules about the Chinese Med2 mods? They charge money - we can release for free?

Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

Default Re: What are the rules about the Chinese Med2 mods? They charge money - we can release for free?

Quote Originally Posted by againster View Post
    Some Chinese modder tried to earn money from sell mods,but it doesn't means all Chinese modder do these thing.
    Most of profit mod use some resource made by me,I tried to forbid them use,but failed. For now, I haven't time and energy to argue with these guys.
    In addition,most of these profit mods are made by Chinese nationalists,they don't know much about history and Chinese history,I think most of these mods are not worth to play,they just have different unit models,but have the same mechanism.
    Would you say an upload to moddb for free would be allowed? Or an article pointing at a Mediafire upload of the mod?
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again
    but betrayal with treachery.

- The Havamal

Default Re: What are the rules about the Chinese Med2 mods? They charge money - we can release for free?

you can wait in republic of china 1924 version 1.1. We can will for free this mods and it can runs version 1.1 will be released after when mods Jing Yan Yan cloud Year 1405 complete and this mods we will not for free it is need 4 months to can continue free in this version we will change some details and will have appearance of philipines, Laos and Cambodia and also will have add Champa Kingdoms

isa0005's Avatar Campidoctor

Why not upload it here?

Most of the Chinese mods that I downloaded from baidu are awesome. Just whenever I try to play a campaign with a Chinese mod from yxmod, it crashes during loading. What I need to do?

Frunk's Avatar Form Follows Function
    took an arrow to the knee

Seeing as this isn't about any particular mod, I'm moving it to a more suitable location.

Thread moved from Released Mods!

Anyone point me in the direction of the download link to the Republic mod WITH tanks?

I've only found a tankless version

Quote Originally Posted by Leon Katakalon View Post
    Most of the Chinese mods that I downloaded from baidu are awesome. Just whenever I try to play a campaign with a Chinese mod from yxmod, it crashes during loading. What I need to do?
    You need to download the file ming_daoshi.zip and place inside of your Your-HARD-DISK-DRIVE\Medieval II Total War\mods\"Chinese-mod"\data\models_strat folder.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post15470526

After this the campaigns for any chinese mods should work.
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; June 16, 2018 at 09:24 AM.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again

- The Havamal

Quote Originally Posted by IGdood View Post
    Anyone point me in the direction of the download link to the Republic mod WITH tanks?

I've only found a tankless version
    I've gotten it through a Chinese program, after first using google translate to translate the site where i did create the user account. I actually have the Chinese Program installed. Unfortunately i am limited to a certain download-limit and would need to pay for the possibility of downloading more.

I did download that version with tanks and planes. Unfortunately it only works in Windowed mode and has no sound in this state. The units are very few (like 7 for most factions including tanks, airplanes and artillery) and only the Nationalist China had a great number of units..

Looking at the map i thought it wasn't as good as the 1924 mod. Due to these issues and the mod being lesser in terms of quality - i will attempt to just move the tanks and good looking infantry over to 1924 instead. And of course try to add the American artillery because they had none in 1924 - and it would be better for them to have their own unique instead of sharing.

I had to translate the names of each unit in the tank/plane 1931 mod in order to be able to keep track of the units. As i don't understand chinese. I also managed to make 1924 playable, as in it won't freeze anymore - this was done by removing most chinese scripts. It seems to work fine were it not for smaller bugs that i could easily fix - and the map glitch.

Even though it does indeed CTD on the map when scrolling, one can avoid this by moving slowly over the map and maybe avoid certain areas. I will probably try a let's play as the Empire of Japan again. But first i want to move over some units, artillery and tanks/planes.

Let's hope both mods have all the animations so it won't be annoying to move them over.
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; June 16, 2018 at 09:39 AM.

- The Havamal

I've moved over the planes and tanks without issues. However, it would seem battles would CTD mid-battle if using the tanks and planes in full stacks. I've tried to fix this by reducing the number of planes and tanks to one - will have to test it out.

Also, i've moved over two Republic of China artillery guns, two Japanese (the Armstrong and Gatling) and one British to the USA as well, so they now do have artillery like all the others. I have to say the American troops and officers are awesome looking in this mod.

One problem though, the mod is crashing whenever holding the mouse over certain settlements.. I attempted to fix this in the descr_regions-file as the Chinese modders/Vietnamese modders had messed up by giving religious numbers above 100 in many different religions at once. But even so - i still failed to fix the issue. There should be 100 in one religion only - and the rest do have 0. But it is still crashing for all the British settlements and possibly others as well. The game is playable in the sense that if you never click on settlements and use the UI you could avoid the crash. Still not a good solution.

The Japanese on the other hand worked fine when clicking on their settlements.. So it's not everyone.
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; June 16, 2018 at 07:30 PM.

- The Havamal

I've managed to fix the issue with the map and the settlements. The issue was threefold:

1. Religious numbers in the descr_regions were wrong - Pagan 90 Islamic 50 Heretic 10 Catholic 0 etc has been corrected into Pagan 100 Islamic 0 Heretic 0 Catholic 0 etc.

2. The British lines in the expanded.txt had small letters for EMT_ENGLAND - and they need to be big letters.

3. Additional lines such as "SPY, DIPLOMAT, LARGE_TOWN had small letters and they do need to be big letters in the expanded-file. At least the coded words need to be in big letters.

After i did fix these things mentioned above, the British settlements no longer crash when clicking on them or holding the mouse over them - also, the map-issue was probably a case of me moving over one of these settlements. So no more trouble moving around the map.

I've also fixed the missing Kvantum portraits for the Japanese.

I am gonna fix the Horse acrobats but the issue is that those units are not in custom battles. I will probably just replace them.

Gonna add new starting troops now and after that add new artillery for the US to the EDB as well - as for the Tanks and Planes i am surprised they cause issues when in big armies but not when they are alone on the battlefield. It's not like the models are HD like the Warcraft ones.. Very odd indeed. I will try to keep them but if they cause CTD mid-battle i will probably avoid including those units in the campaign.
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; June 16, 2018 at 09:59 PM.

- The Havamal

Sigh of Empire uses many resources for Southeast Asian factions from Suvarnabhumi Mahayuth(for M&B Warband) while my friends in the SM team haven't got any request for permission. And yet they also charge people for downloading?

Quote Originally Posted by Theodomar View Post
    Sigh of Empire uses many resources for Southeast Asian factions from Suvarnabhumi Mahayuth(for M&B Warband) while my friends in the SM team haven't got any request for permission. And yet they also charge people for downloading?
    I've got no idea about that man. I just got the file i needed for the Republic of China 1924-mod from there - it would seem all the Chinese mods have the same issue with that strat model file, as well as they all also require animations to be placed in the main game animations folder.

- The Havamal

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12