Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rise of Bulgaria MOD - 3 new Factions, complete rebalance of many aspects and much more! ( Now with Crimson Tide 4.2 Blood Mod)

Default Rise of Bulgaria MOD - 3 new Factions, complete rebalance of many aspects and much more! ( Now with Crimson Tide 4.2 Blood Mod)

"Download link for latest Rise of Bulgaria - (https://www.moddb.com/mods/rise-of-b...4-mod/#7118410)
    For information about the submod, please read all the info in moddb and the readme files. "

Yours,
    Khan Omurtag

Last edited by Navajo Joe; October 10, 2018 at 06:51 AM. Reason: Poster's Request

Marble Emperor's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: STAINLESS STEEL 6.4 - BALANCE + 2 FACTIONS + UNITS TWEAKS AND MORE (LATE GAME MOD) !

Very interesting, I'm currently downloading it to give it a try. I should mention that I am actually working on a mod with a similar goal and scope currently. My main area of expertise lies in unit production and artwork though, so I'm somewhat limited when it comes to modifying many aspects of the campaign. I am learning as I go though, and I can show you some pics of my work up to this point if you'd like to see them. And if you'd have any interest in coordinating with me to make a more complete late era campaign please message me, I'm looking for any help I can get. Anyhow, even if you have no interest in further modding endeavors, thank you for sharing this, I know how much work goes into things like this and I really appreciate it!

Default Re: STAINLESS STEEL 6.4 - BALANCE + 2 FACTIONS + UNITS TWEAKS AND MORE (LATE GAME MOD) !

Quote Originally Posted by Marble Emperor View Post
    Very interesting, I'm currently downloading it to give it a try. I should mention that I am actually working on a mod with a similar goal and scope currently. My main area of expertise lies in unit production and artwork though, so I'm somewhat limited when it comes to modifying many aspects of the campaign. I am learning as I go though, and I can show you some pics of my work up to this point if you'd like to see them. And if you'd have any interest in coordinating with me to make a more complete late era campaign please message me, I'm looking for any help I can get. Anyhow, even if you have no interest in further modding endeavors, thank you for sharing this, I know how much work goes into things like this and I really appreciate it!
    Hey man, let me know if it start all well and if you find any issues, please write here (Im not sure if I put all the files I edited in the rar, so if something is missing |(like texts etc in game), just let me know so I can add those files too. If you get any crashes too, write here after checking the system log file in the ss 6.3 folder so I can fix those too.

Hope you enjoy this as much as I do and I would love some help of you. Mostly if you can make banners and colors for the two new nations so I dont use other nation ones. If you can add completely new units too would be great. Have fun!

Greetings again!
    Since I cannot edit my main post for some reason, here is the link to a better RAR file, with a READ ME and Files locations included. I had missed 4-5 files in the first one, so please use this one, as it adds the accents, texts etc for the new nations.
    Read the READ ME file instructions, which are at its end and if you have questions or find any problems, Im here to reply.

MOD DOWNLOAD LINK (14.2.2018 updated) ---> https://ufile.io/cju6c

Navajo Joe's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

Khan,

You need about 25 posts to be able to edit, do you want me to go and remove the d/l link from your first post?

Navajo Joe

SS Forum Moderator

'Proud to be patronised by cedric37(My Father and My Guardian)

Buffing up archers in M2TW or SS is silly, they are already very useful, you will make them overpowered.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamlaz View Post
    Buffing up archers in M2TW or SS is silly, they are already very useful, you will make them overpowered.
    Hi!
    After playing it for ages, I realized the animations they use for shooting etc are way too slow. In a normal combat (e.g when not under siege), they would shoot one-two times maximum, before the enemy infantry or cav charge them. It felt silly.
    Thus, Ive buffed their range mostly (with 20_25%) and damage with 1 point on most. They are not overpowered at all, as Ive tried it a million times now, it actually feels great and much more realistic.
    Cheers and hope you enjoy this gem.

To all folks that have downloaded the mod now, please post any auggestions, questions and problems here.

Ill be releasing a small patch soon, to further balance the taxes,pop growth and settlement mechanics overall.
    If someone can make unique flags for the Second Bulgarian Empire and the Volga bulgarians by then, write me a private message, would be great.
    Enjoy

So this is the promised patch 1.01.
    https://ufile.io/ln0j6
    Please read the READ ME file for info.
    Also keep sending me messages with the new units, that you find for the nations that you play, so I can make a list with them and include them into the description of the mod itself.
    I just dont remember all of them so need a bit of help on that one. Make sure to check all your buildings, as some will appear in Churches, Docks, Caravansarays etc. and in Mid, Late game as well.
    The Khan

http://www.moddb.com/mods/rise-of-bu...sssteel-64-mod

The Rise of Bulgaria mod for SS 6.4 is now on MODDB, where the latest version will always be available.

lakota's Avatar Libertus

Thank you for making this, as someone who found this mod in late 2016, I've spent many hours on Stainless steel last year. I've found similar problems that you've mentioned you've had - Ireland being neglected, Mongols coming along, wiping out Persia and the Cumans, only for them to be halted by mountains and in Eygpt. Also The timids would come along and cannibalize the mongols, which made no sense. . . Some factions had too many castles, and the AI never knew how to convert them into Cities. The HRE (germans) also died out with war on all fronts, not sure how historically accurate that was, but just in general, I'd like to see the western (France, HRE, Italians) fair much better with stronger units with high defense. These are the guys who perfected gothic armor and they die out before the 1200's . . .

The Russians, err novgorod, do not get the Slav javilian & Varanian guard units that the Kievians get. I too felt like gunpowder units were too weak compared to what they were historically.

Quote Originally Posted by lakota View Post
    Thank you for making this, as someone who found this mod in late 2016, I've spent many hours on Stainless steel last year. I've found similar problems that you've mentioned you've had - Ireland being neglected, Mongols coming along, wiping out Persia and the Cumans, only for them to be halted by mountains and in Eygpt. Also The timids would come along and cannibalize the mongols, which made no sense. . . Some factions had too many castles, and the AI never knew how to convert them into Cities. The HRE (germans) also died out with war on all fronts, not sure how historically accurate that was, but just in general, I'd like to see the western (France, HRE, Italians) fair much better with stronger units with high defense. These are the guys who perfected gothic armor and they die out before the 1200's . . .

The Russians, err novgorod, do not get the Slav javilian & Varanian guard units that the Kievians get. I too felt like gunpowder units were too weak compared to what they were historically.
    Thank you for the interest, mate.
    Most of the things you've mentioned are fixed in the current version of my submod. The detailed description is in moddb. Im still trying to make HRE stronger in late game (they used to die for 30-40 turns before, I got them to 80ish at the mooment), will see how to fix their mid game, but overall all nations have similar chances of development if they manage to capture some major cities early game. Also due to the increased population in cities later in the game (compared to the base game), sacking a city now brings huge profits (lets say 30-40k), which the AI uses very well and manages to surprise with huge eco boost and armies, after captures. Makes the game very complex and unpredictable.
    A small patch will be realeased soon, fixing unit cards and similar matters, so stay tuned and send me info if u encounter some problems or offer some ideas!

Hello,
    the latest patch for RiseOfBulgaria is now in moddb, it fixes a lot of issues and is recommended for anyone using the submod.
    Check the README file in the rar file for more info.
    http://www.moddb.com/mods/rise-of-bu...fbulgaria-1-02

M.A.E's Avatar Miles

great work nice and clean
    I Came,I Saw I Partially Differentiate

Hi mate,

This looks very interesing and appears to address many of the issues, especially economic and growth rates, that I have been dissatisfied with for a long time.

I would not be removing the Mongols or Timurids but do have room for an additional nation; was looking at Georgia but Bulgaria sounds ideal.

If you go into the Real Combat / Real Recruitment submod thread you will see that, after a long string of delays, I will shortly be releasing the RC /RR 2.0 (Ultimate Edition). I would be interested in taking a look at aspects of your work for possible integration, if you are also.

Cheers,
    PB

Nemesis2345's Avatar Semisalis

The mod has a lot of potential , friend! What i would suggest is adding some features SSHIP mod has (if u get permission ofc) like the the new unit skins for example . Also, i have to say the map of SSHIP has better details (in terms of cities and resources) but all in all, i really love some of the changes u made. I will keep playing this for now

Hello and thank you for the kind words.I made a test run with the latest patch (as HRE) a while ago and it seems that its close to final stage in terms of balance, income, etc. **Switching between Gracul and Savage AI seems to make quite a difference as well, so my suggestion is to use the Savage AI when you dont use the reveal map cheat and the Gracul AI if you play with revealed map and want more of an Europe Universalis kind of experience. Both ways its really enjoyable, although the Gracul AI makes my mod really hard for some smaller nations as everyone around you will atack you from the start. Overall I think Savage AI with no revealed map cheat is the way to go for the mod as it fits all the changes in mechanics. Sooner or later you will have to declare war on some of your allies and the massacre begins again.**I am still considering adding some features of other mods, although I think skins and just visual matters are what it needs most now (as you mentioned SSHIP, etc). If someone can make and add flags for Second Bulgarian Empire and Kazan Khanate (unique ones) would be great, as the mod got quite popular now and I am sure someone can do that. My laptop wont let me use GIMP for some reason. **There are sill some small issues that bother me, which I will handle when I have some free time, but overall the mod is in a really good shape now and most importantly it has no crashes or anything (only some, connected to the main Stainless Steel mod), so everyone interested should give it a try and see for themselves.Cheers

A small patch is now available.

Version 1.05:
    http://www.moddb.com/mods/rise-of-bu...-mod/downloads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast