Thread: Change number of men in a unit without creating problems with unit voices

Default Change number of men in a unit without creating problems with unit voices

I have tried to increase the number of men in grenadier and skirmishers units. From 120 to 160 for grenadiers and 80 to 100 for skirmishers.
    Having used the PFM and the guide on this forum I have succeeded by creating a mod that changes the unit strength in the unit_table.
    However, most units now shout out the wrong name whenever I select them, proclaiming themselves to be revolutionary guards or horse artillery even though the are some else.
    Is there anyway to fix this?

Steph's Avatar Maréchal de France
    Patrician Artifex

Default Re: Change number of men in a unit without creating problems with unit voices

This shouldn't happen if you change only the number of men.Do you have any other mod installed that add units?
    This is a well known bug that happens everytime units are added to the unit table.

The only way to fix it is to use Symphony, a tool that recompiles the sound_banks, to rebuilt the index correctly with the new units.

Or use a mod like MoE where the job is already done. But be careful, this can work only for a specific mod configuration.

For example MoE woudl work if you don't install another mod. If you install several mods, you need to use Symphony yourself.

Default Re: Change number of men in a unit without creating problems with unit voices

Thank you for your reply!
    I have figured it out now.
    My mistake was to create a mod.pack with the unit_tables and then changing the name of the unit_table pack (as the tutorial on this site tells us to) to something else. It now has the same name as the original vanilla unit_table and overwrites it. I guess this stops the mixing up of names and voices.
    Thank you for taking the time to reply!