Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: To combine xenophonia with other mods

finneys13's Avatar *Insert Generic Title*
    Kosice, Budapest, Dublin, other random places

Default To combine xenophonia with other mods

I have xenophonia installed and working fine with all languages with vanilla M2TW. I just want a guiding hand next.

I'm using the WinningCombo mod, which uses the batch file to start with the ~io-switch command. The mod doesn't change the sound files. But when I do play the mod, only the French and Germans speak their tongue and the Danes German English. How do I make the others speak their tongues?

I see a selection of text files in the data/sounds folder, are some of them meant to be moved?

Default Re: To combine xenophonia with other mods

I see a selection of text files in the data/sounds folder, are some of them meant to be moved?
    Maybe! But I'm not sure!
    Tira 'cchjiù nu pilu é cunnu ara 'nchjìanata 'ca 'na parigghjia e voi ara scinduta!!!

Hey how is everyone doing. First i would like to say that i think this is a real nice mod because i think the game is more authentic with th people speaking their native language, but i have a small problem. I dont no what i did wrong but i followed the instructions step by step, but when i play the game i here two sets of languages for example: when my spanish generals is making his Pre-Battle speach I hear not only spanish but Scottish two then 1 minute into the battle the game crashes. Also for the Islamic nations they dont speak Arabic they speak German Broken English from the original sounds. When I go into the Voice foulder in the MTW2/Data/Sound foulder and play the Arabic files it is German Broken english. Please get back to me when ever you can Thank you.

Sounds like you installed it wrong, uninstall and then reinstall then.

Also in the wrong thread

hahaha yeah i noticed that right after i sent it I'll try that thanks for the help

Beiss's Avatar Nemo nascitur...

Quote Originally Posted by finneys13 View Post
    I have xenophonia installed and working fine with all languages with vanilla M2TW. I just want a guiding hand next.

I'm using the WinningCombo mod, which uses the batch file to start with the ~io-switch command. The mod doesn't change the sound files. But when I do play the mod, only the French and Germans speak their tongue and the Danes German English. How do I make the others speak their tongues?

I haven't tried combining the mod with anything else myself, but I think you need to copy events.dat and events.idx into the winningcombomod\data\sounds folder (I don't know what the winningcombomod folder is really called, but you know what I mean). Maybe the WinningCombo mod comes with these files built-in, and in this case, you must replace the existing ones with the ones that Xenophonia creates during its installation (i.e. the ones that are in your m2tw\data\sounds folder after Xenophonia has been sucessfully installed and tested).

So basically, if Xenophonia works when not running the winning combo mod, just copy the events.dat and events.idx from the m2tw\data\sounds folder to the m2tw\winningcombomod\data\sounds folder, overwriting the ones that are already there.
    Under the patronage of Halie Satanus, Emperor of Ice Cream, in the house of wilpuri

Quote Originally Posted by Beiss View Post
    So basically, if Xenophonia works when not running the winning combo mod, just copy the events.dat and events.idx from the m2tw\data\sounds folder to the m2tw\winningcombomod\data\sounds folder, overwriting the ones that are already there.
    That works perfectly, maybe make it a sticky so people know how to do it.

i am also using combo mod and am going to try this rite away!
    I can only hope that it is save game compatable?

Xenophonia is definitely save game compatible.
    Under the patronage of Halie Satanus, Emperor of Ice Cream, in the house of wilpuri

hooraay

this is an essential mod, kinda like darthformations was for rtw, and all the modmakers should be building this stuff into their mods, (with permission of course) becuz it adds major realism without changing much.
    Last edited by Hells Bells; January 14, 2007 at 02:27 PM.

Yeah. Combining Xenophonia with any other mod should be really easy. I always wanted it to be used by the major mods - that's part of why I started it.

I wanted to combine your mod with the new Portvcale one.

I moved the two events files from data/sounds to portvcale/data/sounds as I usually do for mods, always works.

Then I went into descr_sounds_accents.txt and changed it as so:

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    ;

accent English
    factions england

accent Scottish
    factions scotland

accent French
    factions france, elo

accent German
    factions hre, denmark

accent Mediterranean
    factions byzantium, portugal, slave

accent East_European
    factions hungary, boe, lit

accent Arabic
    factions turks, moors, egypt

accent Mongolian
    factions mongols, timurids, aztecs, cum

accent Spanish
    factions spain, normans, saxons

accent Russian
    factions russia, poland, nov

accent Italian
    factions milan, venice, sicily, papal_states, pisa, gen

I started a game as the Danes, and every faction basically is speaking the wrong language, even the French are speaking German, the English French, HRE Spanish, Milan English, Venice Italian, etc., there is no order to it.

What have I done wrong?

The new factions should be all correct, was careful moving them around and that is their 'mod' names.

The vanilla game is working perfectly, English speaking English, Spanish speaking Spanish, etc.
    Last edited by finneys13; March 02, 2007 at 03:35 PM.

Hm. This is very interesting. I don't have any experience with adding new factions - only adding new accent groups. Editing the file above should be all that's necessary to make it work.

Although I'm not sure if you can simply copy events.* and then edit one of the text files afterwards, as you say you did. Have you tried editing the text file first, then removing events.*, starting the game, and then copy the new events.* into the mod folder?

Keep me updated on this.

Just done that, just the same as before, English speaking French, etc. The strangest thing is that Venice/Papal/Sicily speak Italian as they should but Milan/Genoa speak another language, same with the Spanish speakers.

Also the Byzantine princess spoke like a Muslim diplomat, but I guess that is because the Byzantines speak Muslim now and the Muslims have no princesses.

Edit - I started a new game as Navarre, same results, English speaking French, etc.
    Last edited by finneys13; March 02, 2007 at 04:48 PM.

Works perfectly now, go to the Portvcale mod and follow what we did, the modder there edited some files, I edited sounds_accents, deleted all events.* files and let the game rebuild them, start a new game, people speak proper.

Ok, thanks. Definitely will look into this, since I'll be helping with adding new speech to mods that add new factions.

Hello!

Great Work guys!

I'd like to combine the Xenophonia with Clouds Across Empire 1.2 mod. I can't work it out, how to do that.

Need help!

Peace

HaveFallen's Avatar Centenarius
    In this Island, surrounded by water. Guam!

I add this mod to Stainless Steel, but I will ask for permission first...Can I? And if I can I may need help.
    If I can't cheat, how will I get through school???

"Permission"? You can add this mod to any other mod without asking anyone. But if it's implemented in an official version, we expect to be fully credited, of course.

tonytouch, does Clouds Across Empire add new factions?

Hi,

Beiss, sure it is! Clouds Over Europe adds 5 new factions. What should I do then?

//EDited

tonytouch, does Clouds Across Empire add new factions?
    Is there any way to make it work then?

Cheers
    Last edited by tonytouch; July 19, 2007 at 04:31 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast