Thread: realm divide

Default realm divide

as everyone knows, whenever you take a province, win a heroic battle , you add a step nearer to realm divide, which, inevitable, results to realm divide.
    However, i wanna know , is there anywhere i can change the realm divide ? like decreasing the points , or reduce the increment points whenever i take a province?

Spear Dog's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: realm divide

Yeah, there's a few mods that either eliminate it or extend the trigger event, so it can be done. Check in the Steam Workshop and use one of those, otherwise post your query in the mod workshop forum for advice on how to do it yourself.

@AngelDeath to answer your question: Not really. You can mod it like @SpearDog suggests but it always comes when you own about 11-14 provinces depending on whom you're playing with. Battles increase it and winning of course but even if you win ten battles a turn and only have 5 provinces, you won't trigger realm divide. The AI is set to do it around having (X) number of provinces I believe.

With careful diplomacy and a bit of patience (don't conquer too much too quickly) you should be able to extend the realm divide trigger in vanilla to 20 provinces. The diplomacy mod I've used (from steam) pushes that out to 40 provinces - which, to be honest, is too high and makes things a bit too easy as a 40 province faction is basically in total control of the map with excessive income and the subsequent unbeatable military resources. Also keep in mind that Provinces made vassals don't count towards the realm divide trigger and are very useful as willing trade partners. I'm going to ditch the diplomacy mod in my next campaign. I actually miss a meaningful and dangerous Realm divide .

Quote Originally Posted by Spear Dog View Post
    With careful diplomacy and a bit of patience (don't conquer too much too quickly) you should be able to extend the realm divide trigger in vanilla to 20 provinces. The diplomacy mod I've used (from steam) pushes that out to 40 provinces - which, to be honest, is too high and makes things a bit too easy as a 40 province faction is basically in total control of the map with excessive income and the subsequent unbeatable military resources. Also keep in mind that Provinces made vassals don't count towards the realm divide trigger and are very useful as willing trade partners. I'm going to ditch the diplomacy mod in my next campaign. I actually miss a meaningful and dangerous Realm divide .
    How is it that vassals don't count towards Realm Divide trigger? I thought CA had removed this loophole...

I'm looking for a compatible mod or an idea how to mod the RD trigger to 26 provinces on Legendary, as forty provinces is a bit much, even for https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil.../?id=219439682qbs_Expanded_ DMS_Vanilla with 176 provinces and 163 factions:

Quote Originally Posted by Condottiero Magno View Post
    How is it that vassals don't count towards Realm Divide trigger? I thought CA had removed this loophole...
    I didn't know it was a loophole , it's not unusual for vassals to eventually (sometimes quickly) turn on you, but I've played a campaign in the last couple of months and vassals did not count towards the RD trigger, so.....??? I also use them as a buffer against major threats. Generally I gift them a very generous payment with their trade deal to help them grab a couple of provinces if they're up to it. Military access is a default condition of vassal provinces and they act as border spies. This means I can ignore certain map sectors as I can fully assess the military threat in that area with only the occasional visit from one of my agents, and hide any build up of my own by sitting back a few provinces from my target until I'm ready.

(*I know the AI is not that smart, but it's more immersive to think it is. There was one title though [can't recall atm], that used to let you know it had detected you military build up and threaten you and move it's forces into that area if you didn't move your stacks back).
    Last edited by Spear Dog; March 17, 2018 at 06:39 PM.

Vassals do count towards Realm Divide. I believe a little less but they do count towards your total unless there has been a patch in the last few months.

Quote Originally Posted by Steward Denethor II View Post
    Vassals do count towards Realm Divide. I believe a little less but they do count towards your total unless there has been a patch in the last few months.
    Thats a 100% confirmation. It’s an accounting for your overall influence/dominance in feudal Japan. So be careful but know vassals are of great use strategically especially when you’re a little depleted militarily and you have an opposing clan hot to turn your lights out....

Kept forgetting to reply to Spear Dog...

More than once, I've had an aggressive vassal push me into Realm Divide, before I'm ready, so now I make sure they don't border another clan, to avoid getting dragged into a war. He's partially right, as when I started playing in 2011, vassals didn't count, but within the year or maybe later, an update resulted included in one's tally of territories.

I'll ask on the sub-forum, but while I'm here, anyone know where one could change the RD requirements? I have EditSF 1.1.1 and Pack File Manager, but don't know where to look...