Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: TECHNICAL ISSUE {{v2.2.1b}} In game issues READ OP FIRST

Quintus Hortensius Hortalus's Avatar Lex duodecim tabularum
    Citizen

Default Re: TECHNICAL ISSUE {{v2.2.1b}} In game issues READ OP FIRST

Quote Originally Posted by IrishHitman View Post
    Tried RoTR and I'm getting the same thing. That launcher is showing a message like 'We ran into an error we didn't expect. Your files and status might be out of sync. Please let us know about the issue and we'll look into it.'
    Try out this, it could help:
    https://discord.com/channels/7623441...35341854556211

Under the patronage of wangrin my workshop

Icon4 Re: TECHNICAL ISSUE {{v2.2.1b}} In game issues READ OP FIRST

I've got a major problem I don't know how to solve. (Playing 2.21b, not RotR.) I semi-corrupted my ETW installation when save files accidentally let me go down to only 2.5 GB of hard drive space, that was fixed. The continuing problem is the French uniforms (playing as the French); doing some digging every model with a gloss map became solid blue. Possibly 100% reflective?

I reinstalled IS and that fixed the problem in the Play Battle section, but for the life of me I can't seem to find a way to get the textures (or models in one test) to update to the fixed ones, and I'm already to 1740 and don't want to restart. I could change the model to another one in IS, before the re installation, but not to a vanilla one. It seems the uniform textures (and models??) are cached into the campaign in some way, and I need to get them to "refresh" to the non-screwed up ones. Setting the army reform techs to unresearched and researching them again didn't do it, nor did changing the unit's recruitment date in the save file to the next turn. I'm out of ideas for getting the textures and models to "refresh," and don't want solid blue infantry. Any ideas what to do? I don't want to have to restart the campaign.

Quintus Hortensius Hortalus's Avatar Lex duodecim tabularum
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by BraselC5048 View Post
    I've got a major problem I don't know how to solve. (Playing 2.21b, not RotR.) I semi-corrupted my ETW installation when save files accidentally let me go down to only 2.5 GB of hard drive space, that was fixed. The continuing problem is the French uniforms (playing as the French); doing some digging every model with a gloss map became solid blue. Possibly 100% reflective?

I reinstalled IS and that fixed the problem in the Play Battle section, but for the life of me I can't seem to find a way to get the textures (or models in one test) to update to the fixed ones, and I'm already to 1740 and don't want to restart. I could change the model to another one in IS, before the re installation, but not to a vanilla one. It seems the uniform textures (and models??) are cached into the campaign in some way, and I need to get them to "refresh" to the non-screwed up ones. Setting the army reform techs to unresearched and researching them again didn't do it, nor did changing the unit's recruitment date in the save file to the next turn. I'm out of ideas for getting the textures and models to "refresh," and don't want solid blue infantry. Any ideas what to do? I don't want to have to restart the campaign.
    As you haven't modified 2.2.1b reinstalling should help. In general reinstalling the same game files should not harm your saves as the dependencies for your save are the same.

Under the patronage of wangrin my workshop

What makes you think I haven't heavily modified it? Anyway, late reply, but I did what I should had done already and tried isolating the problem, it turns out it was actually in ISNaval, which had a "default uniform color" of blue, and since it was a movie pack overrode the one in the DB pack. Since it didn't crash when I put it in the user_empire_script I suppose it was intended to be put in there in the correct spot so that didn't happen, but I've long since lost the instructions. Anyway, another bug fixed.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345