Page 1 of 15 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: TECHNICAL ISSUE {{Rise of Republic v1.1}} In game issues READ OP FIRST

Default TECHNICAL ISSUE {{Rise of Republic v1.1}} In game issues READ OP FIRST

I have retired the old thread.
    This thread is for technical issues, like bugs and
    CTDs while in the game for Rise of the Republic ONLY.
    • Technical issues with the installing or launcher must be made here.
    • Technical issues with 2.2.1b should be made here.

RISE OF THE REPUBLIC v1.1 TECHNICAL ISSUES THREAD

ARCHIVED: The old Technical issues thread.
    Last edited by PikeStance; May 31, 2018 at 02:57 AM.

Civis

Default Re: RISE OF REPUBLIC TECHNICAL ISSUE THREAD (In game issues) READ OP FIRST

the joy lasted me until round 36, I tried to go back 4 to 8 turns but even in the "save" I had CTD

Default Re: RISE OF REPUBLIC TECHNICAL ISSUE THREAD (In game issues) READ OP FIRST

Moved here from the archived thread. (Old technical issues thread)

Quote Originally Posted by TehMentos View Post
    Okay so I've been playing the new update + hotfix for a little bit now, but frustratingly I keep running into CTDs when ending my turn.

My Saxony campaign is broken on turn 28 - whenever the turn comes to Poland-lithuania, it crashes.

I thought I'd try a different nation to see if it was any different:

My Hannover campaign broke on turn 17 - whenever the turn comes to Spain, it crashes.

I hope this is of some help - let me know if you need more information.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Despondent Mind View Post
    I installed the hotfix, and now ETW is really sluggish.

Quintus Hortensius Hortalus's Avatar Lex duodecim tabularum
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by TehMentos View Post
    Okay so I've been playing the new update + hotfix for a little bit now, but frustratingly I keep running into CTDs when ending my turn.

My Saxony campaign is broken on turn 28 - whenever the turn comes to Poland-lithuania, it crashes.

I thought I'd try a different nation to see if it was any different:

My Hannover campaign broke on turn 17 - whenever the turn comes to Spain, it crashes.

I hope this is of some help - let me know if you need more information.
    Is this the Runtime R6025 error or a random CTD?

I installed the hotfix, and now ETW is really sluggish.
    Can you specify what is sluggish, the battle load time, the AI turn or something else?

Under the patronage of wangrin my workshop

Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Quintus Hortensius Hortalus View Post

Can you specify what is sluggish, the battle load time, the AI turn or something else?
    for me it is a random CTD

Random CTD. It's a completely clean install of Empire and the mod. Installed all of it yesterday.

Civis

I do not know if it has happened to another person, but apart from the CTD when one finishes the turn (if CTD does not appear), the game slows down too much.

I apologize for that, for some reason it stopped being "sluggish" after I rebooted my pc.

But I am at 1784, USA, Grand Campaign, CTD immediately when Great Britain's turn starts.

Civis

until they solve the CTD I will be in custom battles, since there is no mod in ETW that fills me up like the IS xD

Citizen

I apologize for that, for some reason it stopped being "sluggish" after I rebooted my pc.

But I am at 1784, USA, Grand Campaign, CTD immediately when Great Britain's turn starts.
    Quote Originally Posted by MAIAN View Post
    until they solve the CTD I will be in custom battles, since there is no mod in ETW that fills me up like the IS xD
    Ok I see there is still something in the startpos I believe. I'm currently started to rebuild the startpos from an even older file so I hope this will fix the issues. Furthermore I'll fix some bugs like removing old units (those guys without textures once I'm sure I made a stable startpos.
    For the CTD's I've no solution for now especially since the hotfix startpos was stable while I clicked myself through many turns.Anyway I hope I can provide you guys an even better solution in the future.
    That the game is may slower isn't really a surprise because a lot of new techs, buildings etc. were introduced so the AI has more to think about. What is the avarage time of one AI turn for you?

Ok I see there is still something in the startpos I believe. I'm currently started to rebuild the startpos from an even older file so I hope this will fix the issues. Furthermore I'll fix some bugs like removing old units (those guys without textures once I'm sure I made a stable startpos.
    For the CTD's I've no solution for now especially since the hotfix startpos was stable while I clicked myself through many turns.Anyway I hope I can provide you guys an even better solution in the future.
    That the game is may slower isn't really a surprise because a lot of new techs, buildings etc. were introduced so the AI has more to think about. What is the avarage time of one AI turn for you?
    - So for campaign, we should wait for another hotfix?

- The AI turns takes around 40 sec.

Citizen

- So for campaign, we should wait for another hotfix?

- The AI turns takes around 40 sec.
    Depends on how stable the mod is for you. I had no issues with the startpos from the hotfix so far, but I'm not really playing, just driving to campaign onwards to get so quick test results.

Okay I tried to play Austria for a bit, I think I had way more turns, but in 1785, I get the "runtime error" during Spain's turn.

Good morning from Europe. 2 remarks:

1- I was playing as Saxony and had no issues like CTD but the usual old stuff called Ottoman turn taking forever. It first happened about turn 19 or 20 and continues through few next turns. After that I stopped the campaign.

2 - Campaign as France - there is missing unit card of Infanterie Allemagne, the card is white with nothing on it.

And that's it.

Citizen

Okay I tried to play Austria for a bit, I think I had way more turns, but in 1785, I get the "runtime error" during Spain's turn.
    Sorry for this... I'm currently rebuilding, checking and testing an even older startpos and I do hope this will fix all the problems. So there will be a patch relativly soon, depending on my free time and how the testing goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Gustav Mahler View Post
    Good morning from Europe. 2 remarks:

1- I was playing as Saxony and had no issues like CTD but the usual old stuff called Ottoman turn taking forever. It first happened about turn 19 or 20 and continues through few next turns. After that I stopped the campaign.

2 - Campaign as France - there is missing unit card of Infanterie Allemagne, the card is white with nothing on it.

And that's it.
    For the Ottoman turn lag, disable follow AI characters and do not trade with them, so you can't see their stupid movements. Since I've done that, it's somehow under control for me (currenty).

And yes, this will be fixed. Thanks for the report

I tested the US campaign and it crashed in the 3rd round of campaign why I do not know and I launched since the launcher rise of republic

For the Ottoman turn lag, disable follow AI characters and do not trade with them, so you can't see their stupid movements. Since I've done that, it's somehow under control for me (currenty).

And yes, this will be fixed. Thanks for the report
    In my campaign modding, I "fixed" the Ottoman lag. I will work on a quick fix for Rise of Republic. I will need some time. I am going to Barcelona for a week and when I return, I should have some time to get it done.

I also CTD when ending my turn, I have tried multiple nations and it usually CTD around turn 7-8. Even try to reload my save after and it CTD right on the load screen. I hope you find a fix for it, it's a great mod! I do have the hotfix installed and ETW was a clean install.

This is my second reinstall of the game playing Portugal both times.

The first game started freezing/ctding on turn 15 when the Spanish attacked the British down by the church near Gibraltar. I dropped back to turn nine and the game proceeded back to turn 15 with a repeat of the freeze/ctd at the same place.

The second game, second install (now) did the freeze/ctd at Gibraltar on turn 12. I haven't dropped back to the nearest save as of yet, but expect the same results.

Really appreciate the great mod. It runs very smoothly on ultra graphics settings too.

zimm out

Civis

Quote Originally Posted by zimmer1lb View Post
    This is my second reinstall of the game playing Portugal both times.

The first game started freezing/ctding on turn 15 when the Spanish attacked the British down by the church near Gibraltar. I dropped back to turn nine and the game proceeded back to turn 15 with a repeat of the freeze/ctd at the same place.

The second game, second install (now) did the freeze/ctd at Gibraltar on turn 12. I haven't dropped back to the nearest save as of yet, but expect the same results.

Really appreciate the great mod. It runs very smoothly on ultra graphics settings too.

zimm out
    Quintus is working on a new startpos, since the one that comes by default in the installation (RoTR v1,1) causes a lot of CTD

I apologize for my "bad" English

Page 1 of 15 1234567891011 ... LastLast