Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: TECHNICAL ISSUE {{Rise of Republic v1.1}} In game issues READ OP FIRST

batty1234's Avatar Civis

Default Re: TECHNICAL ISSUE {{Rise of Republic v1.1}} In game issues READ OP FIRST

Hi, playing as Britain on turn 47 i am getting a Russian crash to desktop. No error messages or anything.

Thanks

Quintus Hortensius Hortalus's Avatar Lex duodecim tabularum
    Citizen

Default Re: TECHNICAL ISSUE {{Rise of Republic v1.1}} In game issues READ OP FIRST

Quote Originally Posted by batty1234 View Post
    Hi, playing as Britain on turn 47 i am getting a Russian crash to desktop. No error messages or anything.

Thanks
    Thanks for the report. A few questions, if going back five to ten turns, does the crash occure again?
    And does the game crashes after the Russian turn take ages?

Under the patronage of wangrin my workshop

batty1234's Avatar Civis

Hi Quintus, to answer your questions: i reloaded the autosave a few times and finally it did not crash and allowed me to continue my game; Also, i have not run into the long russian turn issue either

Citizen

Hi Quintus, to answer your questions: i reloaded the autosave a few times and finally it did not crash and allowed me to continue my game; Also, i have not run into the long russian turn issue either
    Most likely the Russians did something which caused an AI error. Or did you changed something?
    Anyway this can happen as vanilla ETW was never the most stable game.

Hello develpers of this mod i know this is not the place but i do like to share Some knowledge about starpos stuff 1st do all campaign characters have correct b days if they are Born in ETw early period they would crash. After 1or more years 2nd that Gibraltar issue i read Should be a mather of ownership.
    when etw crashes right before your turn iT means a character within your nation Is causing iT
    a capture crash means the owner of the previous owner was incorrect. 3 i once had an issue when a runtime error occurd when units that did not work in battle were recruited i could i assume you Guys know most of this stuff top but still its just Some advice. I do have 1 question how much turns are in a Year in rotr

Thank you for sharing! There are six turns per year.

batty1234's Avatar Civis

Hello, I am at the year 1802 playing as Britain and I am stuck on the Russian turn. I left my computer to do other things and came back about 30 minutes later and it was still stuck on Russia. It gets stuck every time I try to reload. At this point I have to abandon my game. Thank you for a great mod and please continue your support.

Quote Originally Posted by Cro_Hunger999 View Post
    Okay 1 last tip as this could be caused by multiple things during the testing phase i recommand using a the scripting lua to turn the f o w war off in order to See clearly Whats happening and see exactly where the issues occur

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by rohan97 View Post
    Hello develpers of this mod i know this is not the place but i do like to share Some knowledge about starpos stuff 1st do all campaign characters have correct b days if they are Born in ETw early period they would crash. After 1or more years 2nd that Gibraltar issue i read Should be a mather of ownership.
    when etw crashes right before your turn iT means a character within your nation Is causing iT
    a capture crash means the owner of the previous owner was incorrect. 3 i once had an issue when a runtime error occurd when units that did not work in battle were recruited i could i assume you Guys know most of this stuff top but still its just Some advice. I do have 1 question how much turns are in a Year in rotr
    The problem clearly was moving an army from France to Gibraltar. This is when the Runtime error did occur (and stoped after I rebuild the startpos and left the army where it was). I must have missed something in the CAI part of the startpos but I have no idea what it was. Maybe I shouldn't have moved the army into the town... So it was not an ownership issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Cro_Hunger999 View Post
    Actually it's 5 turns per year.

Hello, I am at the year 1802 playing as Britain and I am stuck on the Russian turn. I left my computer to do other things and came back about 30 minutes later and it was still stuck on Russia. It gets stuck every time I try to reload. At this point I have to abandon my game. Thank you for a great mod and please continue your support.
    I'm sorry to here this. It's the AI moving to many units. And we are aware of this problem, as well of the ottoman turn bug and in the next version we will limit the available units for Russia which will most likely solve the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by rohan97 View Post
    Okay 1 last tip as this could be caused by multiple things during the testing phase i recommand using a the scripting lua to turn the f o w war off in order to See clearly Whats happening and see exactly where the issues occur
    Thanks for the advice!

Foederatus

I love this mod but have to give it up now. I waited 30 minutes on one game for the lag to go and it didn't. Such a shame as this is my favourite mod. Let me know if you can fix it. Been waiting since 2015, so I guess the answer will be "No".

Is there any work being done on Imperial Splendour? I remember seeing one or two mid era 1740s-1760s line units for the French and British exploring the Pack files.
    Late 18th century is generally heavily represented in mods -- but what make IS unique is its representation of early uniforms/units... and as envisioned, moving into mid era ones.

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by RickyVilla262 View Post
    I love this mod but have to give it up now. I waited 30 minutes on one game for the lag to go and it didn't. Such a shame as this is my favourite mod. Let me know if you can fix it. Been waiting since 2015, so I guess the answer will be "No".
    It can and will be fixed. Sorry that you are so unfortunate with the lag.

Quote Originally Posted by Recks View Post
    Is there any work being done on Imperial Splendour? I remember seeing one or two mid era 1740s-1760s line units for the French and British exploring the Pack files.
    Late 18th century is generally heavily represented in mods -- but what make IS unique is its representation of early uniforms/units... and as envisioned, moving into mid era ones.
    The plan is since years to complete the late era first and moving then to the other era. So RotR will be completed first.

So what's the solution for missing unit names? I don't see tech names either. I had the same problem with the old Imperial splendour.

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by BogWraith View Post
    So what's the solution for missing unit names? I don't see tech names either. I had the same problem with the old Imperial splendour.
    You most likely have an old textfile from another mod in your data folder or the patch_is_text.pack file is missing.

Hi
    I try to install the mod 1.1 impossible too complicated can it have a simpler solution like 2.2.1 or even better the built-in 2.2.1 make only one mod

I am not understanding your problem. Can you be more specific about your problem?

Quote Originally Posted by PikeStance View Post
    I am not understanding your problem. Can you be more specific about your problem?
    Hi
    the problem is, I defraqmente the mod on desktop then I click twice on instalation.
    I send the files in total empire war.
    when i go in the data empire total war the files are padlocked (small yellow cadena on the side).
    when I want to put the piers his tells me: code errated with several figures marked unknown.and when I want to start the game its bugue

First, just to be clear.

You downloaded the RoR installer, then executed the install. Correct?
    Now did you also download all of the patches? If you have not, then this will result in CTD's and other bugs.

Second, if you have done all of that correctly, then you might have a corrupted download. In which case, uninstall and redownload it again.

Quote Originally Posted by PikeStance View Post
    First, just to be clear.

You downloaded the RoR installer, then executed the install. Correct?
    Now did you also download all of the patches? If you have not, then this will result in CTD's and other bugs.

Second, if you have done all of that correctly, then you might have a corrupted download. In which case, uninstall and redownload it again.
    Hi
    I download the mod on mirror it works, but when I want decompressed the full patch or the patch 1,2; 3 I can not his mark: error 0x80004005 unspecified error. What should I do. I wait your answer impatiently
    Last edited by PikeStance; December 09, 2018 at 07:29 AM.

I am still not following what you are saying... are you saying when you unzip the files, you are receiving an error. I will try to download the files myself and see what happens.