Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: TECHNICAL ISSUE {{Rise of Republic v1.1}} In game issues READ OP FIRST

Default Re: RISE OF REPUBLIC TECHNICAL ISSUE THREAD (In game issues) READ OP FIRST

Hi, I really love this mod but after a campaign with France stoped by a CTD at the turn of Spain (before the patch), I am blocked in my campaign with the Brirish Empire in winter 1789 (32nd turn) by a CTD at the turn of Austria. I conquered the two cheerokee territories at the previous turn (after reconquering USA) and I just took Punjab at this turn and I am about to conquer ottoman near-east (after Morroco and barbary states) . Have you some solution because I really don't want to start a new campaign ?

Default Re: RISE OF REPUBLIC TECHNICAL ISSUE THREAD (In game issues) READ OP FIRST

Playing as the U.S., I can't research Machine Tools and therefore progress down the Industry progression line since you removed its prerequisite, Wealth of Nations, but never put in a replacement.

EDIT: The U.S. also can't build the National Academy due to lacking the Secular Humanism tech.
    Last edited by SpardaSon21; March 12, 2018 at 12:37 AM.

In my original post I cited a crash after Spain attacked the British near Gibraltar. I had started another campaign as Portugal and attacked the British in the same spot and the crashes resumed. I stopped that and went to the Americas until I took Port Royal and the crashes began over there. I gave up on that campaign and started as the United Provinces. Nothing to report yet.

I have 19 crash logs from my latest incidences. If you want them I'll be glad to send them to you, but will need instructions on how to do so.

Still love the mod!!!! Good gaming all.

zimm out

Wumbologist's Avatar Libertus

Yeah about US techs you can't build certain buildings because of the lack of tech. Like for example you can't upgrade your plantations because you can't research physiocracy. Or maybe this is for balancing reason I assume? Because even then I'm already rolling in 10000+ per turn at turn 15.

Quintus Hortensius Hortalus's Avatar Lex duodecim tabularum
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice_de_Saxe View Post
    Hi, I really love this mod but after a campaign with France stoped by a CTD at the turn of Spain (before the patch), I am blocked in my campaign with the Brirish Empire in winter 1789 (32nd turn) by a CTD at the turn of Austria. I conquered the two cheerokee territories at the previous turn (after reconquering USA) and I just took Punjab at this turn and I am about to conquer ottoman near-east (after Morroco and barbary states) . Have you some solution because I really don't want to start a new campaign ?
    I'm sorry for your problems. Am I correct to assume that in the 2nd campaign you installed the newest upload of the patch 1? All I can advise you is to go back a few turns and try a different way.

Quote Originally Posted by SpardaSon21 View Post
    Playing as the U.S., I can't research Machine Tools and therefore progress down the Industry progression line since you removed its prerequisite, Wealth of Nations, but never put in a replacement.

EDIT: The U.S. also can't build the National Academy due to lacking the Secular Humanism tech.
    With the patch 1, you can build a National Academy, it has the suffix "(US)". And thank you for the report about the techs, this will be fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by zimmer1lb View Post
    In my original post I cited a crash after Spain attacked the British near Gibraltar. I had started another campaign as Portugal and attacked the British in the same spot and the crashes resumed. I stopped that and went to the Americas until I took Port Royal and the crashes began over there. I gave up on that campaign and started as the United Provinces. Nothing to report yet.

I have 19 crash logs from my latest incidences. If you want them I'll be glad to send them to you, but will need instructions on how to do so.

Still love the mod!!!! Good gaming all.

zimm out
    For the crashes, you did install the newest upload of patch 1? Anyway, I'll look into Gibraltar and check if anything is wrong with this place.
    On the other hand, the crash logs are pretty useless. Although I'm able to open them I have either not the knowledge to read them or they simply do highlight what have been gone wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Wumbologist View Post
    Yeah about US techs you can't build certain buildings because of the lack of tech. Like for example you can't upgrade your plantations because you can't research physiocracy. Or maybe this is for balancing reason I assume? Because even then I'm already rolling in 10000+ per turn at turn 15.
    Please install Patch 1, then this will be fixed.

Under the patronage of wangrin my workshop

Yes, I have the patch. TY

zimm out

OOOOOH THE PAIN OF IT ALL!!!!!!!!!! I liberated France last turn, as United Provinces, this turn I get the R2065 melt down )8( !!!!!!! Didn't I see a reference to this someplace???

zimm out

UPDATE: I ran the sfc /scannow and it found some corruption. xing my fingers I tried another run at the same turn and it wiped out. Then dropping back 1 turn and retaking Paris etc it still R2065ed on me. NOW: from the original R2065 and the following events they all occurred..........guess where..........in Spain with the Spanish attacking the British south of Madrid. Odd that both the ctd in my previous posts and the R2065 occurred with these 2 countries fighting in Spain and me as Portugal fighting the British in Spain. So I leave it up to your expertise as this puts my campaign in an impasse for further play. Bummer.

zimm out
    Last edited by zimmer1lb; March 23, 2018 at 09:22 PM.

Default Re: v2.2.1b TECHNICAL ISSUE THREAD (In game issues) READ OP FIRST

Playing the USA, I can't build any ships, in some cities I cannot recruit most of units although I constructed barracks. The ships and units just do not appear on recruitment menu.

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by The Despondent Mind View Post
    Playing the USA, I can't build any ships, in some cities I cannot recruit most of units although I constructed barracks. The ships and units just do not appear on recruitment menu.
    You're playing 2.2.1b because this thread is about issues with 2.2.1b?
    If you're playing RotR this is intended.

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by zimmer1lb View Post
    OOOOOH THE PAIN OF IT ALL!!!!!!!!!! I liberated France last turn, as United Provinces, this turn I get the R2065 melt down )8( !!!!!!! Didn't I see a reference to this someplace???

zimm out

UPDATE: I ran the sfc /scannow and it found some corruption. xing my fingers I tried another run at the same turn and it wiped out. Then dropping back 1 turn and retaking Paris etc it still R2065ed on me. NOW: from the original R2065 and the following events they all occurred..........guess where..........in Spain with the Spanish attacking the British south of Madrid. Odd that both the ctd in my previous posts and the R2065 occurred with these 2 countries fighting in Spain and me as Portugal fighting the British in Spain. So I leave it up to your expertise as this puts my campaign in an impasse for further play. Bummer.

zimm out
    Sorry for this. I know pretty well what caused the issues in the first place and I sure what causes it now just that I'm not able to fix it. Sadly the startpos is a huge mess...
    On the other hand I'm rebuilding the startpos. If you want, PM me and I sent you a link to the latest working file.

You are obviously talking about playing RoR since it is impossible to play USA in v2.2.1b (It is an emergent faction).

Quote Originally Posted by Quintus Hortensius Hortalus View Post
    You're playing 2.2.1b because this thread is about issues with 2.2.1b?
    If you're playing RotR this is intended.
    Why can't USA build ships, what am I missing then?
    Last edited by PikeStance; March 28, 2018 at 09:22 PM.

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by The Despondent Mind View Post
    You are obviously talking about playing RoR since it is impossible to play USA in v2.2.1b (It is an emergent faction).

Why can't USA build ships, what am I missing then?
    The tech 'Naval Act'. It requires the tech 'Constitution'.
    The reasoning behind this is that historically the US did not have a standing navy or army after the AWI. The founiding fathers had a huge mistrust against standing military because it was seen as tool of absolute monarchs. So they only build up a standing army and navy again when it was needed. Furthermore the US were near bankrupcy after the AWI.
    Last edited by Quintus Hortensius Hortalus; March 29, 2018 at 12:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Quintus Hortensius Hortalus View Post
    The tech 'Naval Act'. It requires the tech 'Constitution'.
    The reasoning behind this is that historically the US did not have a standing navy or army after the AWI. The founiding fathers had a huge mistrust against standing military because it was seen as tool of absolute monarchs. So they only build up a standing army and navy again when it was needed. Furthermore the US were near bankrupcy after the AWI.
    Oh.. My bad then, that's a cool feature.

Year 1801(summer), US, During Russia's turn the game kind of "freezes" and is stuck at Russia's turn.

https://files.fm/u/qtrky38t#_ That's the saved game.
    Last edited by The Despondent Mind; March 31, 2018 at 06:37 AM.

I noticed in my testing of the CAI that there isn't just a lag with the Ottoman's, but with Russia as well. It is a mystery to why that is the case. I will work on the Ottoman's situation first (I more or less solved it) Then, I will look into Russia.

Russa, 1786, The game crashes during Plains nations turn.

Agree, it crashes when Brits and Spaniards fight there, no matter with whom I play (Russia, Turkey, Brits, Spaniards, French) the same problem. Please try to fix it. Thank you that working on ETW till now.

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Bobbocha View Post
    Agree, it crashes when Brits and Spaniards fight there, no matter with whom I play (Russia, Turkey, Brits, Spaniards, French) the same problem. Please try to fix it. Thank you that working on ETW till now.
    This will be fixed with the next patch!

Default Re: TECHNICAL ISSUE {{Rise of Republic v1.1}} In game issues READ OP FIRST

Apologies if this has been answered already, but I'm missing names on units/unit cards playing as GB (all the units you can train in London don't have names).

I can live with the few units pictures being glitchy, but missing unit names makes it hard to distinguish what is what. Have I installed incorrectly or something?

Citizen

Default Re: TECHNICAL ISSUE {{Rise of Republic v1.1}} In game issues READ OP FIRST

Quote Originally Posted by aleheroix View Post
    Apologies if this has been answered already, but I'm missing names on units/unit cards playing as GB (all the units you can train in London don't have names).

I can live with the few units pictures being glitchy, but missing unit names makes it hard to distinguish what is what. Have I installed incorrectly or something?
    Have the new ministers the correct names, like Pitt, or Charles Fox etc.?

If not, please check if the patch_is_text.pack file is in the Empire Total War\data folder.