Thread: Factions dying out too early

Antiokhos Euergetes's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Factions dying out too early

I have noticed on several occasions, that a couple of factions have been 'destroyed' and it seems to be just down to lack of family members. Is there something, that can be done? Sadly I do not have suggestions, but it was a game breaker to see Makedon go out on turn 48

Default Re: Factions dying out too early

Capture one of their former cities, let it revolt, and they will be reborn.

It usually the either 1 of the 3 Western Greek factions that bite the dust early. Mostly Epeiros.

Good thing that faction revival script works well.

Antiokhos Euergetes's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by nvm View Post
    Capture one of their former cities, let it revolt, and they will be reborn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tactics Mayers View Post
    It usually the either 1 of the 3 Western Greek factions that bite the dust early. Mostly Epeiros.

Good thing that faction revival script works well.
    Thanks guys
    REP

Indeed. If you want a less gamey way to revive factions, train up spies to full skill, then infiltrate them in those "homeland" settlements. These spies will cause tremendous public order malus, because every point of subterfuge skill further reduces public order. If that's still not enough to start revolts, send assassins to sabotage public order buildings every turn, that will do it. It's both harder, and more roleplay plausible, you can imagine it as rousing the subjugated peoples and nobility to rise up again in arms.

I think it works so well that it happens often enough on its own. The Areuakoi in my game eliminated the Lusitani, but some 50 turns later they reappeared once more at their former capital as the Areuakoi always struggled to keep public order high there ( I have a big network of spies keeping tabs on potentially rebellious settlements ).