Thread: New problem in Steam when executing the mods

Icon4 New problem in Steam when executing the mods

Hello. Now, I don't know why mysteries the game doesn't let me run the .PACK files that are not uploaded in the Workshop. Does the same thing happen to someone?

This way I can't test my modifications. It's a general problem of Attila TW in Steam or just of my game? Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Warning message:

After pressing OK:

Last edited by Miguel_80; February 05, 2018 at 06:54 AM.

Sixt's Avatar Civis

Default Re: New problem in Steam when executing the mods

Same problem here, broke an 300 turn mp coop campaign i had with an friend. Hope somebody can find an solution.

Quote Originally Posted by Sixt View Post
    Same problem here, broke an 300 turn mp coop campaign i had with an friend. Hope somebody can find an solution.
    Uff! What a disaster...

And I for modding, What should I do? Upload each PACK file to the Workshop to be able test it?

King Athelstan's Avatar The Wheel Weaves
    Blog Entries

Try checking appdata/roaming and see if there's any conflicting files
    Proudly under the patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader
    Proud patron of 4zumi, Akar, CommodusIV ,Swaeft
    and Peaman

I haven't seen anything strange in that folder, and if it had, I think it should affect to all mods, not just the .pack files that don't exist in the Workshop.

Sixt's Avatar Civis

yesterday my mod pack worked, after the update it doesn't, pretty sure they ed something up in the launcher.

Quote Originally Posted by Mattias Tannhäuser View Post
    Thanks! Although I don't understand very well what they say, it seems like a conversation of sea breams, hehehe! I'm going to experiment to see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Sixt View Post
    yesterday my mod pack worked, after the update it doesn't, pretty sure they ed something up in the launcher.
    Idem to me. I think that Steam has modified something.

EDIT: Nothing, no results in the tests with the files. This message continues appearing and block the mods that don't belong to the Workshop.
    Last edited by Miguel_80; February 05, 2018 at 02:03 PM.

Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar The Ecstasy of Potatoes

The reason for this change is that Creative Assembly has updated the launcher so you can upload limitless sized mods, eg 8gb in 1 mod.pack on the Steam Workshop.
    CA's announcement can be found here

Ok. Thanks for the information Caligula. But also it doesn't let play a mod if it's not in the Workshop. It's very annoying for modding (testing the advances, changes, addings, etc...)
    Last edited by Miguel_80; February 05, 2018 at 05:32 PM.

Why can't CA just let Mitch use his mod manager, it worked fine years ago, now we have this buggy crap that deleted all my mods without notification.
    Last edited by stevehoos; February 05, 2018 at 10:29 PM.
    Shogun 2, no thanks I will stick with Kingdoms SS.

I had a lot of trouble with it when it dropped. It was a mess and I had to delete a bunch of mods, while cursing CA and Steam in a colourful manner. Anyway, I created a test mod today and it worked, even without uploading it to the workshop. So it seems okay to keep testing your own mods again. So maybe it's worth it to be able to host bigger file sizes.

In addition to the above mentioned problems, hitting 'continue campaign' often loads the earliest savegame instead of the most recent. In my case, mod and savegame oddities arose immediately after (manually) updating my video driver, acting on the advice that had popped up on the launcher, but it seems likely another update was probably responsible.

Now it gives error when updating a mod. This is incredible... instead of improving it, they are spoiling the Mod Manager.

Can someone update their own mod in the Workshop? Always appears this generic error message (I say generic because I don't believe what it says).

But, with the mods uploaded after the update, there are no problems. What is supposed that we should do? Uploading our mods again with another file name, delete the previous and lose all subscribers?

This is a total shame... Damn new Mod Manager...
    Last edited by Miguel_80; February 07, 2018 at 05:01 AM.

MB: ASUS ROG STRIX Z590-E GAMING WIFI
    CPU: Intel Core i7 11700K
    COOLER: Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280
    MEM: Corsair DDR 4 64Gb(16x4) 3600Mhz CL16 Vengance LPX
    VGA: RTX 3080 ZOTAC GAMING Trinity OC
    SSD 1: ADATA XPG GAMMIX S50 Lite NVMe M.2 2TB
    SSD 2/3:
    ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro NVMe M.2 2TB
    PS: Corsair HX850 Series 80+ Platinum 850W
    CASE: Full-Тower Corsair Graphite 780T
    Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B 31.5", WQHD(2560 x 1440), 165Hz, 1ms, HDR10, ELMB

caratacus's Avatar Primicerius

This update ruined a campaign I was playing in Attila. All of the mods were automatically reloaded by Steam, which took ages and then some didn't work. I started a new campaign yesterday with the ones that did work, but tonight Steam says I need to re-install the entire game!! However, because the game files are still on my PC, it says that I don't have enough storage space for a new install. This is really annoying, is it related to the workshop update? It certainly seems like it must be connected, and yet I can't see anyone else with the same issues.

Definitely cannot be updated the mods prior to the change of "Mod Manager", right? We have to upload them again with another name in .pack file.

Does anyone know if CA has said anything about it? Some improvement, retouching, etc ... or They leave it like this permanently?