Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: War of the Wizards [2vs2 HS] Good vs Evil [GOOD SIDE VICTORY]

Default War of the Wizards [2vs2 HS] Good vs Evil [GOOD SIDE VICTORY]

Saruman betrayed the White Council. Gandalf will make him pay for that. He convinced the Free People of Eriador and Rohan to join his war against Saruman.
    Saruman on the other hand tricked the Orcs of the Misty Mountains to fight for him.

map

changes

High Elves:
    - Only have control over Imladris
    - Starting money and King's purse lowered
    - An extra unit at Imladris

Orcs of the Misty Mountains:
    - Lost Dain's halls

Rohan, Eriador and Isengard are unchanged.

players

Rohan: joerock22
    Free people of Eriador + High Elves: potatoto

Isengard: Captainnorway
    Orcs of the Misty Mountains: Hannibal2001

admin: King of Dawn

Rules

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Map:

• No capturing any settlements beyond the red line
    • There is no restriction on where you can move your armies/agents, however
    • If the map is not clear and you aren't sure that a certain settlement is in play or not, ask the admin

Administrative:

• Long campaign
    • Manage all settlements
    • M/M Difficulty

General

• You may reload your turn as many times as you want
    • Turns must be taken within 24 hours with notification. Admin will sub lightly. I will not skip, but I also will not spend a ton of time on your turn
    • Please PM or VM the next player in line

Gameplay

• You are not allowed to attack any human opponent on turn 1, unless that player has already played his turn. Attacking includes starting a siege. There is no restriction on where you can move your armies/agents, however.
    • No Invasions
    • You must autoresolve all battles against other players. Battles against the AI (rebels) can be fought
    • You may gift regions to another faction, but you must disband all but one unit immediately. This unit is considered a free "home guard" unit and cannot leave the settlement under any circumstances. The home guard unit must also be disbanded within 3 turns.
    • No gifting settlements at risk of capture
    • No heroic victories unless it is impossible to achieve a different result (at least 5 reloads)
    • Post screenshots of all battles against other players: deployment screen and results screen. I think this makes following a hotseat much more interesting. Note – you do not need to post screenshots for lopsided battles, i.e. 1,000 vs. 100, but please mention the battle in your post
    • No Assassins
    • No surrounding armies with smaller stacks to deny a retreat. You are allowed to block bridges or river crossings
    • No mercenary transport ships
    • Units defeated by a player coming after you in the turn order may not move or attack on your subsequent turn
    • Bribing is allowed
    • Sallying from a settlement under siege is not allowed if it results in the settlement falling to the besieging force immediately thereafter (on your turn)
    • You are not allowed to lure an ambushing army a tile further to bring it in range of more of your forces. If all forces wishing to attack are within range of the ambushing army then it may be brought out of ambush and attacked with those forces.

Buildings

• No destroying any buildings if the settlement is at risk of capture
    • Exterminating settlements is not allowed. You may sack or occupy
    • On the turn you capture an enemy settlement, you are only allowed to destroy inns and cultural buildings. This rule stays in effect until you have held a captured settlement for 3 turns
    • After you hold a captured settlement for 3 turns, buildings can be destroyed without restriction (provided the settlement is not at risk of capture)

Spies

• Whether a spy may open the gates of a settlement depends on the size of the settlement’s garrison. If a settlement is defended by 720+ Elves, 900+ men, or 1500+ orcs, then spies may NOT open the gates. If a settlement is defended by fewer than this number, then spies may open the gates without restriction
    • The purpose of this rule is to allow players to defend their settlement without fear of losing their garrison due to spies. Its justification is that a settlement with more defenders has better surveillance and it would be harder for spies to operate. I also want to keep the rule simple, which is the reason for the hard limit. So basically if you defend a settlement with 6 full units worth of troops, you are safe from spies
    • Spies may open the gates against the Rebels (AI) without restriction

Rules are open to change based on a vote by a majority of players
    Last edited by joerock22; March 05, 2018 at 04:01 PM.

joerock22's Avatar Leader of Third Age HS
    Citizen

Default Re: War of the Wizards [2vs2 HS] Good vs Evil

Yes! So happy to have another person interested in serving as an admin!

I would love to play as any faction, though initially I would volunteer for Isengard as they seem to have the most challenging starting position. If someone else wants Isengard that's fine though.

Captainnorway's Avatar Primicerius

I’ll take isengard

Hannibal2001's Avatar Simply Barbaric

I'll take OTMM.

I can take Elves.

Quote Originally Posted by Potatoto View Post
    I can take Elves.
    Elves and Eriador are controlled by the same player. (Elves only have 1 settlement)

Quote Originally Posted by King of Dawn View Post
    Elves and Eriador are controlled by the same player. (Elves only have 1 settlement)
    So be it, Elves and Eriador for me.

Last edited by King of Dawn; February 04, 2018 at 06:38 PM.

Citizen

The sky grows dark. The winds, once flowing as a gentle breeze, now cut across the plains, chilling everything they touch. Ominous clouds form in the distance, and fear festers in men’s hearts.

The horse snorts softly, as though scolding its rider. The rider, snapped from his gloomy reverie, smiles wryly. He massages his steed’s neck, then places his forehead against the horse’s own, allowing his partner’s strength to become his own. How many times have they ridden into battle together? Perhaps this next campaign will be their last, or perhaps they will live to bask in the sun once more, when the world has at last been restored to peace.

Light may recede for a time, before the encroaching darkness. The grass may wither, the very land itself may perish beneath their feet. But death is fleeting. The grand miracle that is life will always return. And the remarkable bond between horse and rider, the great spirit of Rohan itself, will never be broken.

Arise! Arise, Riders of Rohan! Let the thunder of your hooves shake the ground, and drive the servants of evil back into the pits from whence they crawled. Forth, Eorlingas!

Eriador:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1UIB...ew?usp=sharing

do we use the old mod or recruitment patch?

Normal Third Age files, you can't run the saves on the recruitment patch I think

I run this save on recruitment patch without any problems

but did you play with the normal TATW?

I played it with patch but settings in game was like in normal Third Age.

i think if you play with a different version it can cause problems later in the game?

Hmm, I'm not sure. Joe will probably have an answer.

well do i play or wait?

You can wait if you want, better safe than sorry

Citizen

I've tried to load regular saves after starting Third Age with the patch by accident, and I get a CTD. I don't see how Potatoto could have loaded it with the patch in place. Maybe your data folder actually was set to regular?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast