Thread: Once and for all about new sounds in Shogun 2

Default Once and for all about new sounds in Shogun 2

Straight to the point: new sounds can't added in Shogun 2 (hopefully yet).

In details:

Long ago in 2011-2012 a good guy named crux3D made a tool to unpack/edit/pack sounds in Empire and Napoleon. He had managed to add partial support of Shogun 2 before he disappeared.

I (and many others, who ever bothered about sound editing/adding in Shogun 2) suppose or state, that logic of sounds is in sounds is in sound.pack/sounds_packed/ in 2 files without extension: sounds_events and sound_bank_database. If you use crux3D's tool (which I will attach to this post) you'll get many unnamed .xml files and some .csv. In order to add smth new you have to edit .csv and related .xml file, but since this tool isn't finished for Shogun 2, you can't add nothing new, but possibly edit smth that already exists.

The tool was made in C++, so if there are any good programmers, who are able and want to change Shogun 2 for the best, please do it. Or if your motivation isn't high enough, well, I guess, I can pay you to make a tool to pack/unpack sounds.

Credits:
    crux3D for his tool
    Midnight-Blue766 for reuploading this tool
    Steph - for some hints

Link to original topic with some words from the author about how his tool is working: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...packer-packer)
    I made two .docx files with backup of useful info from the original topic and example of sounds that are used for land and naval unit on Royal marines example
    sounds for shogun.rar
    Last edited by HuskyTW; February 03, 2018 at 04:57 PM.

Default Re: Once and for all about new sounds in Shogun 2

3 years later I was able to crach this piņata. Welcome to https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...9#post16005089
    Last edited by HuskyTW; March 15, 2021 at 03:28 PM.