Thread: Lagging on battle map

Default Lagging on battle map

Hey guys,

I wanted to replay Shogun 2 today, but in my very first battle, I noticed a pretty annoying lag whenever im on the battle-map. Campaign map works fine, but as soon as im on the battle field, every 1-2 seconds it lags a little bit and its driving me insane. its regardless how many soldiers are on the field, even 1vs1 it just keeps lagging. tried lowering the settings or playing with directx9, but nothing helps.

I can play Warhammer or Attila without problems, so I guess it isnt my PC but I post my specs anyway:
    AMD Ryzen 5 1600 Six-Core, 3.20 GHz
    16GB Ram
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
    Windows 10 x64

Anyone knows a way to stop the lagging? Last time i played this game was 2-3 years ago with a worse PC and there werent any problems, so im pretty clueless. Thanks in advance for your help!

Frunk's Avatar Form Follows Function
    Artifex took an arrow to the knee

Default Re: Lagging on battle map

Is the game utilizing your full 16gb ram? Because i know that S2TW has that problem and you have to add that manual in the preferences script. Your PC is powerful enough to play the game, so that can't be the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by izzi View Post
    Is the game utilizing your full 16gb ram? Because i know that S2TW has that problem and you have to add that manual in the preferences script. Your PC is powerful enough to play the game, so that can't be the problem.
    I dont know, its a clean new install so apart from the graphic settings, i didnt altered anything. How do I add the 16gb ram in the preference script?

Quote Originally Posted by diiter View Post
    I dont know, its a clean new install so apart from the graphic settings, i didnt altered anything. How do I add the 16gb ram in the preference script?
    Actually, i totally forgot. The warscape engine on S2TW only uses a 32 bit system, so the max can only be 4GB. I was actually talking about the memory of your GPU (but it's the same principle, 32bit => max 4GB memory). Maybe this link can help you a bit.

Does the same apply to Empire Total War? Also uses up to 4GB RAM? There is no way to force the game to use more - I have 8 GB RAM - ?

Quote Originally Posted by musketer View Post
    Does the same apply to Empire Total War? Also uses up to 4GB RAM? There is no way to force the game to use more - I have 8 GB RAM - ?
    Nope, the limitation of 32 bit system is 4GB of memory. That's why a lot of members where complaining before, why R2TW and ATW has not 64 bit engine. With a 64 bit engine, you could have a lot of usage of memory (also GPU), like max 2TB of memory (for Windows 10 Home it's 128GB).