Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: [HS] Winter Wars (ENDED!)

joerock22's Avatar Leader of Third Age HS
    Citizen

Default Re: [HS] Winter Wars

Torrhen's Square captured, overwhelming odds.

Stark:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1AcH...ew?usp=sharing

Three Stark units bribed (units were not moved, per the rules):
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1TDC...ew?usp=sharing

Arryn ~ http://www.mediafire.com/file/wqrarl...yn_20.sav/file
    Strongsong taken with OW odds

REDBOOSTY's Avatar Ducenarius

If needed i can take Cows place
    "I never asked for this, no more than I asked to be king. Yet dare I disregard her? We do not choose our destinies. Yet we must ... we must do our duty, no? Great or small, we must do our duty"

-Stannis Baratheon

Quote Originally Posted by REDBOOSTY View Post
    If needed i can take Cows place
    The position is yours. I'll send you a cs today.

Blackwood: http://www.mediafire.com/file/4ntg3b...ackwood_20.sav
    Captured Ironoaks with OO
    "I never asked for this, no more than I asked to be king. Yet dare I disregard her? We do not choose our destinies. Yet we must ... we must do our duty, no? Great or small, we must do our duty"

-Stannis Baratheon

BerryKnight's Avatar Kings Guard Commander

Will need an extension, please.

Was having troubles with a glitch where my heir appeared inside the Eyrie.
    After the battle, his other 'form' would disappear, and caused a bit of instability for my turn.

Regardless, Umber up ~ http://www.mediafire.com/file/7qbcyc...W_Umber_21.sav

Battle ~ https://imgur.com/a/yVa79bC
    Also took an Arryn fort OW odds
    Last edited by BerryKnight; June 11, 2018 at 11:50 AM.

Citizen

That save crashes every time I type in my password and open the file. Can you try re-uploading?

Citizen

Crap. Well, that confirms that there was nothing wrong with the upload. The save crashes instantaneously upon me typing in my password and clicking the button to enter my turn. I'm pretty sure we've seen this before with AOPK, where the save gets corrupted over time until it finally results in a CTD. We could try replaying from a previous turn and hope for the best, but as I recall sometimes even that doesn't work.

Despite the corruption problem, I'm pretty sure we know how this hotseat was going to end.

Jadli's Avatar The Fallen God
    Gaming Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by joerock22 View Post
    Crap. Well, that confirms that there was nothing wrong with the upload. The save crashes instantaneously upon me typing in my password and clicking the button to enter my turn. I'm pretty sure we've seen this before with AOPK, where the save gets corrupted over time until it finally results in a CTD. We could try replaying from a previous turn and hope for the best, but as I recall sometimes even that doesn't work.
    Well, no need to hope... admin can relatively easily check, by using some of the older saves, skipping the factions after until he reaches your faction and see if its fixed, to localize the problem, and then avoid/fix it. Did you also try to clear the password?

I dont think a save can get corrupted over time, its just that the longer you play, the more likely you come across some bug/crash, which is usually caused by something that happened during a previous turn (or literally in the turn you play, by doing some specific action resulting in a crash, which obviously doesnt seem to be this case)
    Last edited by Jadli; June 13, 2018 at 10:17 AM.

In regards to a specific thing causing it, the invisible general may have caused it, but I was able to complete my turn despite the problem.

I don't know how to resolve the issue with the invisible general. We could use a previous save and try and continue and avoid the bug. Also, we could call the hotseat now as Stark is virtually dead and Arryn will soon follow.

Citizen

I don't mind ending it. I had anticipated that it would end soon anyway. I was going to invade the Vale within 2 turns max, take all of Arryn's northern settlements and ravage their coastline. The previous Arryn player asked me to fight against Blackwood, but I had already reached an agreement with Berry and I wanted to play the religious angle (a patriotic war for the followers of the Old Gods).

Unless the new Arryn player feels he can take on a coalition of Blackwood, Royce, and Umber at the same time, I suggest we end it.

Usually, I would urge players to continue but since Stark and Blackwood are allied and unlikely to fight there is no doubt that their alliance will be victorious.

I usually play until defeat, but seems that its me against everyone so Im good with ending

-Stannis Baratheon

Have to agree with Joe here. Stark is on its last legs, and Arryn will soon crumble under the dog pile about to take place.
    I'm in favor of ending this for the Old Gods

Isn't this a bit of a problem? I was also allied to Berry (Blackwood), and there can only be 2 winners
    I did however join later and took over an almost dead faction, but revived it with Berry's help. So I do understand that you would declare Joe and Berry as winner

I'm willing to make an exception and declare the three of you co-winners if nobody has any objections.