Thread: The sneaky Moors

Default The sneaky Moors

The year is 1155 and my effort to unite all of Eastern Europe and Asia Minor under the rule of the Russian Orthodox Church is nearing completion. The only thing seperating me from my goal are the stubborn Turks who do not wish to give up their remaining few cities without a fight. In their last desperate attempt at salvation they arrange for a Holy Jihad to be called for my new capital - Konstantinopoli.

Soon enough a few Muslim armies show up but are utterly destroyed. In another few turns the Jihad is over and I forget all about it, until about 15 turns later a Moorish army shows up out of nowhere, complete with ballistas, heavy cavalry and what not. I rush all the defences I have at hand to protect the Capital, recruit all avalailable mercs and prepare to be besieged. The Moors stop right in front the city, but do not siege. So I wait. A turn...two turns...five...ten. Why aren't they attacking? The crusade IS over and we ARE neutral afterall (never even seen them before). At the same time the upkeep of the defensive army alone is costing me about 3k per turn. So eventually I forget about the Moorish army, just let it hang there. My defending army is either being called to different locations, disbanded or replaced by free militia units.

And then it happens. About 20 turns after arriving, the bastards attack my Capital. I have a general, and 5 militia (archersx2/cross/spear/cav). There is no time to bring in reinforcements so I have to fight. I burn down their siege tower and destroy the balista, but 3 ramming machines can not be stopped from destroying my gates...it's over.
    They take Konstantinopoli and exterminate my largest city just like that.

The morale of the story: never trust a foreign army that enters your territory. Destroy them as soon as you have a chance.
    Last edited by glevi; January 08, 2007 at 03:45 PM.

Default Re: The sneaky Moors

funny you mention the moors. I had all my objectives complete except for wiping out the moors... I spent the last two days trying to find them! They have a tiny town called Timbuktu at the VERY bottom of the freaking map. On top of that their faction leader is wandering around in the middle of the god forsaken desert where you can barely move and must be hunted down and killed!
    "...it is often necessary to act against mercy, against faith, against humanity, against frankness, against religion, in order to preserve the state." Nicolo Machiavelli

Quote Originally Posted by jajknight View Post
    funny you mention the moors. I had all my objectives complete except for wiping out the moors... I spent the last two days trying to find them! They have a tiny town called Timbuktu at the VERY bottom of the freaking map. On top of that their faction leader is wandering around in the middle of the god forsaken desert where you can barely move and must be hunted down and killed!
    he he
    I try to cover all my territories with watchposts, but i guess that wouldn't really help in a situation like this.
    What can i say...Moors are sneaky.

Icon3 Re: The sneaky Moors

Quote Originally Posted by glevi View Post
    morale of the story: never trust a foreign army that enters your territory. Destroy them as soon as you have a chance.
    Good you found that out! Look at this:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=77154...
    "God forbid that I should go to any Heaven where there are no horses" - R.B. Cunningham-Graham

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Sigilus View Post
    Good you found that out! Look at this:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...php?t=77154...

poor guys...they are lost

I belive they would be even more lost if I continued on that campaign...
    "God forbid that I should go to any Heaven where there are no horses" - R.B. Cunningham-Graham

Trajan's Avatar Capodecina

Moved to the AAR sub-forum.

And I thought the Milanese were sneaky

Quote Originally Posted by glevi View Post
    my new capital - Konstantinopoli.
    The Slavonic name for Constantinople was Tzarigrad (emperor`s town),... not Konstantinopoli.