Thread: I can't get error logs

Laetus

Default I can't get error logs

i have already checked this http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...t-an-error-log so dont tell me to go there,
    mods/ebii/logs/eb.system.log.txt #level = * trace level = * error it should look like that my ebii but instead it looks like this:

to = mods/ebii/logs/eb.system.log.txt
    level = * error ## generates a smaller error log file. Use this setting during normal gameplay
    #level = * trace ## Currently disabled. Generates a large error log file. Use this setting when tracking down a CTD

I tried writting error instead of trace but it didn't work, what should i do.
    i'll attach my ebii.cfg just in case.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default Re: I can't get error logs

Is EBII actually installed in mods\ebii\ within your M2TW directory?

To get trace instead of error, you need to delete the hashtag from the trace line and put it on the error line instead.

Laetus

I am experiencing the exact same issue with my newly installed copy of EBII (v2.3). The game itself runs like an absolute gem but I am running into some (seemingly) unexplainable crashes (happening sparsely during battle or end-turn time).

The problem?
    No crashlogs appear, yet I run with the same 'settings' as Telechea.

Strangely enough I do get an empty folder on my desktop called 'saves'. Though this might be unrelated.

I had the same problem but was able to fix it, just do this:
    1. Copy the log section
    [log] to = mods/ebii/logs/eb.system.log.txt
    level = * error ## generates a smaller error log file. Use this setting during normal gameplay
    #level = * trace ## Currently disabled. Generates a large error log file. Use this setting when tracking down a CTD
    2. Paste it in the medieval2.preference.cfg file that is located in your medieval 2 directory and save.

Laetus

Quote Originally Posted by suldyr View Post
    I had the same problem but was able to fix it, just do this:
    1. Copy the log section

2. Paste it in the medieval2.preference.cfg file that is located in your medieval 2 directory and save.
    I just tried this approach and after playing long enough for a CTD to occur I found myself once again without log. Though ofcourse it was worth the try.

I will just note that random end of battle or end of turn CTDs are the hallmark of "not enough RAM".
    EBII Council