Thread: Rise of Flight

Default Rise of Flight

RISE OF FLIGHT
    This is the ultimate First World War flight -sim on the PC. It is a unique flying experience.

The game itself is old but still holds up well despite its age.

The community gets a bad reputation, but my experience has been 100% positive. It is one of the friendliest environment you will experience on the net. The game can be played as a single player or you can play multiplayer. There are organized "squadrons as well. Despite the age of the game and a lot fewer players within the multiplayer community, it still has a strong dedicated group. Below is a video produced by the community about the community.

Rise of Flight United Edition can be downloaded for free on the website or via Steam. You received three pretty decent planes. There is a small sample of missions you can play. I recommend playing the free version first. If you enjoy the game, then you can wait for the next sale to purchase some other planes. This is NOT an arcade game. This is a flight simulator. The planes fly like would during the time period.

I should note that an updated version of the game called "Flying Circus" will be released supposedly in late 2018.

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

Default Re: Rise of Flight

Looks interesting. Will see that i remember that when Steam-online next time.

Edit: Watched that and found practically a money grave (with dlc contents), except for the free demo-kind content 'United Edition'. But okay, as you mentioned "when on sale" it might become an option.
    Last edited by DaVinci; February 07, 2018 at 08:46 PM.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

Almogaver's Avatar Senator

You can get it for free and try it out. The free version includes 3 planes so you can play quick missions to see if you like it. It's a whole new experience if you're only used to ww2 sims.

When it's on sale, you can get the "Channel Battles" pack (for around 5€) which includes more maps, campaigns, missions and a bunch of new planes.

BTW, the creators of the new Sturmovik games have stated that they want to release an updated version of Rise of Flight (using the same engine as Battle of Stalingrad et al). I think it will be called Flying Circus.
    --------------Arengada--------------

The Channel Map does not come with planes. It is just the map.
    You need the Flexistowe, SE.5a, Fokker VII, Albatros D5a, and Sopwith Camel.

The Ilya Muromets does come with a free plane(s) It has a S-22 bomber, Albatros DIII and the Nieuport 17 Rus (it is now one of the free planes).

Right now til the 26 Feb they are having 66% off all items.

Flying Circus Volume 1
    . Link
    Flying Circus will finally give our loyal and patient Rise of Flight customers a new way forward into the future! Our eventual goal is to essentially re-build ROF inside of the Sturmovik universe and give WWI all the latest technology like VR, 64bit, DX11 and improved visuals. We will start by focusing on re-furbishing ten of our existing WWI airplanes and providing a partial map of France to fly and fight over. Subsequent Flying Circus products will further expand content and we’ll work to integrate Flying Circus into our Campaign and Career systems over time. Volume I is merely the first important step and it will be a lot of fun! If Flying Circus proves popular we can eventually fire up the Great War assembly line and break out the canvas and timber once again to make some new crates! Guynmere, Fonck, Coppens, McCudden, Bishop, Rickenbacker and von Richtofen shall fly again 100 years later!

Planned to be Included in Flying Circus – Volume I

Flyable Aircraft and Content (Tentative List):

- SPAD 13 C.1
    - Sopwith Dolphin
    - Sopwith Camel
    - RAF S.E.5a
    - Bristol Fighter
    - Albatros D.Va
    - Fokker Dr.1
    - Fokker DVII
    - Pfalz D.IIIa
    - Halberstadt CL.II

- France map (100 x 100km Approx.)
    - Several airfields, cities, towns and villages. Summer textures are planned
    - No Man’s Land
    - Entente and Central Powers Ground Units and Scenery.

There is some doubt that it will be released in 2018. Despite the age, Rise of Flight is still the best World War One sim.

Almogaver's Avatar Senator

Sorry mate but the Channel Battles pack does include several planes indeed: (I bought it)

Nieuport 28, Fokker D.VII, Fokker DR.1, Pfalz D.XII, Sopwith Camel, S.E.5a and the legendary Felixstowe F.2a

http://store.steampowered.com/app/35...annel_Battles/
    --------------Arengada--------------

I do not buy Rise of Flight on Steam. You are actually being ripped off. On official store, you buy the planes individually. The Channel map is just the map. You still come out cheaper.
    BTW, you cannot mix steam and store products.