Thread: Insufficient video memory CTD - #banner_symbol_novgorod.tga.dds

Default Insufficient video memory CTD - #banner_symbol_novgorod.tga.dds

Hi,

I've just done a clean install of MTW2:Collection Edition and installed SS6.3, SS6.4 and the BugFix.

On starting a new campaign as Britain i was getting a CTD with 'out of video memory' error.

After much googling and checking the error log it which turned out to be two missing files in \mods\SS6.3\data\models_strat\textures - #banner_symbol_novgorod.tga.dds and #banner_symbol_novgorod.tga

I copied the aragon files and edited the dds with a flag from google and it works but does anyone have the correct textures they could let me have?

Thanks

Navajo Joe's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

Default Re: Insufficient video memory CTD - #banner_symbol_novgorod.tga.dds

A very strange error indeed, what OS are you using?

'Proud to be patronised by cedric37(My Father and My Guardian)

I'm using Windows 10.

To clarify, I get the message "[data.invalid] [error] Insufficient video memory to load requested texture set." at the end of the system log. I think all that needs to be done is to add those files into the installer. although I am unsure as to why no-one else has reported this. It was only when I turned on debug logging that I discovered the problem was actually missing files.

Navajo Joe's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

OK, I want you to uninstall SS and then re-install outside of Program Files, if you are using Steam, please see useful thread by Gigantus on installing with Steam

'Proud to be patronised by cedric37(My Father and My Guardian)

I have a separate SSD which I put all my games on, not in program files and it's the non steam version. I'll reinstall and see if the files are still missing. I'll check after each install step just in case something is deleting them.

OK, it seems to be the cleanup batch file that runs at the end of Meloo182's bugfix deleting the files, since they are there after installing SS6.3 and SS6.4. I'll post a bug report on Meloo's thread. Thanks for your help.

I've also noticed that the banner for novgorod is the same as for kievan. A quick google search shows a different flag for Novgorod. https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...Region.svg.png

I've made a new banner file but I don't have the flag bump map used, so I've fudged it with one I already had, doesn't look too bad.