Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: TECNICAL ISSUES {{Rise of Republic v1.1}} Launcher / Installer / Uninstaller READ OP FIRST

Quintus Hortensius Hortalus's Avatar Lex duodecim tabularum
    Citizen

Default Re: Launcher / Installer / Uninstaller - technical support [read OP first]

Quote Originally Posted by Goffredo85 View Post
    yes it is java run time, my bad sorry.
    1)i've unpacked the RotR_1.1.rar file in the empire directory so IS_Files folder is there yes.
    2)Yes the IS_FilelList.txt is there but there's no Imperial.Splndour.exe.
    3)there is no IS_Status.txt file
    The Imperial.Splendour.exe is in the IS_Files folder. Move it from there to the Empire Total War folder and download the IS_Status file from my post above and place it in the same folder (click on the link in my previous post).

Then start the Imperial.Splendour.exe.

Under the patronage of wangrin my workshop

Civis

Default Re: TECHNICAL HELP & REPORTS THREAD [Bug Reports, Installation Problems, CTDs, etc...]

I feel that there are many people who complicate life with the installer, it is better to install it manually and the problems are solved.

Default Re: TECHNICAL HELP & REPORTS THREAD [Bug Reports, Installation Problems, CTDs, etc...]

Quote Originally Posted by MAIAN View Post
    I feel that there are many people who complicate life with the installer, it is better to install it manually and the problems are solved.
    I agree with you, I managed to install it without launcher. So I have a request for Quintus - could you make installation instructions for those who want to install this magnificent mod manually? I do not need them since I know my folders and move and remove mods at my personal discretion, but for the new guys/gals. I know that you already in this page gave similar instructions and that this might seem like a nuisance but could you pin manual install instructions on the first page so that inexperienced bunch can have an easier path to play this beauty of a mod.

Regards from Herr Mahler.

Semisalis

Default Re: Launcher / Installer / Uninstaller - technical support [read OP first]

managed to get it work with manual installation! Thank you for the help Quintus!

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by MAIAN View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gustav Mahler View Post
    I agree with you, I managed to install it without launcher. So I have a request for Quintus - could you make installation instructions for those who want to install this magnificent mod manually? I do not need them since I know my folders and move and remove mods at my personal discretion, but for the new guys/gals. I know that you already in this page gave similar instructions and that this might seem like a nuisance but could you pin manual install instructions on the first page so that inexperienced bunch can have an easier path to play this beauty of a mod.

Regards from Herr Mahler.
    Herr Mahler I like listing to your music

Apart from this, the idea was to create a launcher that would enable you to simply be able to switch the mod off and play vanilla ETW or install another mod or switch between the planned 3 time periods. The installer and launcher was designed to enable mod newbies to install RotR easy.
    So I'm happy with all feedback about what did wrong when trying to use the installer and can things be made easier (as I was involved in developing the installer / launcher things are always pretty easy to do for my, so I'm sorry if I do not understand your problems imediatly).

@ Goffredo great it did work!

good evening Quintus Hortensus Hortalus
    or I have to put both fchier text that you put in link on your comment ????

i tried to run a campaign on empire total war on rise of republic 1.1 plus htofix and it crashed live without asking for more

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by anthonycorps View Post
    i tried to run a campaign on empire total war on rise of republic 1.1 plus htofix and it crashed live without asking for more
    Sorry I don't understand you, you wanted to start a campaign and when loading the campaign from the main menu ETW crashed?

yes I wanted to start a campaign with the British and it did not want and it started a campaign and it refused by spitting live without asking for his remains

Citizen

So if I understand you correctly, please check if this folder is in place:
    ...\common\empire total war\data\campaigns\imperial_splendour

In this folder there shall be .esf, .tga and .lua files if you activated RotR via the launcher. If the files are not there check if they are in the IS_Files folder in the Empire Total War folder.
    If this is the case please attach the IS_Launcher.log to your next post.

I have not activated the mod from the launcher but since mod manager

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by anthonycorps View Post
    I have not activated the mod from the launcher but since mod manager
    Is the folder I mentioned above is in place and the files I mentioned above are in this folder?

good evening Quintus Hortensus Hortalus
    yes I have set up the file mentioned on your comentaire and this does not prevent the game crash after 5 rounds solo campaign
    so I would have to know why your hotfix does not solve the problem of crash of the model of the republic

Ave Quintus, I have completely uninstalled everything and started from scratch. I have a question/suggestion: would it be possible to have screenshots of where all the files should be in their respective folders after the install??? Along with the additional downloads like the Status file etc. Seems like that would save a lot of typing.

I'll answer your PM after I get the game running, I can't get the SWITCH to work.

zimm out

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by zimmer1lb View Post
    Ave Quintus, I have completely uninstalled everything and started from scratch. I have a question/suggestion: would it be possible to have screenshots of where all the files should be in their respective folders after the install??? Along with the additional downloads like the Status file etc. Seems like that would save a lot of typing.

I'll answer your PM after I get the game running, I can't get the SWITCH to work.

zimm out
    Take a look here: http://www.moddb.com/mods/imperial-s...ns-for-rotr-11
    For the "Switch" button just click on it and the RotR lettering shall appear which means that everything is working.

Quote Originally Posted by Quintus Hortensius Hortalus View Post
    Take a look here: http://www.moddb.com/mods/imperial-s...ns-for-rotr-11
    For the "Switch" button just click on it and the RotR lettering shall appear which means that everything is working.

The problem is the SWITCH didn't work.

Now I've moved on to a bigger problem, after a reinstall, to fix ETW that won't even start. Event viewer has given me this error code and no amount of googling solutions has produced a fix. Anyway thanks for all the replies and I'll ck back if I ever get it running again.

zimm out

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by zimmer1lb View Post

The problem is the SWITCH didn't work.

Now I've moved on to a bigger problem, after a reinstall, to fix ETW that won't even start. Event viewer has given me this error code and no amount of googling solutions has produced a fix. Anyway thanks for all the replies and I'll ck back if I ever get it running again.

zimm out
    Please sent me a is_launcher.log file. It should be in you "Empire Total War" folder or post the content (it's a simple file that can be opened by the textviewer) here in spoilers.

Dead*Man*Wilson's Avatar Campidoctor

My problem:
    2018-04-01 20:44:46 INFO – LauncherMain.initialize – Initializing...
    2018-04-01 20:44:46 DEBUG – ModMinistrator.<init> – Base Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Empire Total War/
    2018-04-01 20:44:46 DEBUG – Status.<init> – Statusfile: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Empire Total War/IS_Status.txt
    2018-04-01 20:44:46 DEBUG – ModMinistrator.readFileList – [america_lookup.tga, america_map.tga, brazil_map.tga, east_indies_lookup.tga, east_indies_map.tga, europe_lookup.tga, europe_map.tga, Imperial.Splendour.exe, india_lookup.tga, india_map.tga, IS Battlemaps.pack, IS Britain.pack, IS Bruinswick.pack, IS Campaign Models.pack, IS DB.pack, IS Flags.pack, IS France.pack, IS Haiti.pack, IS Hannover.pack, IS Horses.pack, IS Media.pack, IS mod_BSM_4_1_Medium.pack, IS Ottoman.pack, IS Prussia.pack, IS Russia.pack, IS Sachsen.pack, IS Sounds.pack, IS Sweden.pack, IS UI.pack, IS_Uninstaller.exe, IS USA.pack, ivory_coast_map.tga, madagascar_map.tga, patch_is_text.pack, pathfinding.esf, poi.esf, regions.esf, scripting.lua, sea_grids.esf, startpos.esf, stratradar_america.tga, stratradar_brazil.tga, stratradar_east_indies.tga, stratradar_europe.tga, stratradar_india.tga, stratradar_ivory_coast.tga, stratradar_madagascar.tga, trade_routes.esf, user.empire_script.txt]
    2018-04-01 20:44:46 DEBUG – ModMinistrator.readFileList – Meta Files: [Imperial.Splendour.exe, IS_Uninstaller.exe]
    2018-04-01 20:44:46 DEBUG – ModMinistrator.readFileList – Data Files: [IS Battlemaps.pack, IS Britain.pack, IS Bruinswick.pack, IS Campaign Models.pack, IS DB.pack, IS Flags.pack, IS France.pack, IS Haiti.pack, IS Hannover.pack, IS Horses.pack, IS Media.pack, IS mod_BSM_4_1_Medium.pack, IS Ottoman.pack, IS Prussia.pack, IS Russia.pack, IS Sachsen.pack, IS Sounds.pack, IS Sweden.pack, IS UI.pack, IS USA.pack, patch_is_text.pack]
    2018-04-01 20:44:46 DEBUG – ModMinistrator.readFileList – Campaign Files: [america_lookup.tga, america_map.tga, brazil_map.tga, east_indies_lookup.tga, east_indies_map.tga, europe_lookup.tga, europe_map.tga, india_lookup.tga, india_map.tga, ivory_coast_map.tga, madagascar_map.tga, pathfinding.esf, poi.esf, regions.esf, scripting.lua, sea_grids.esf, startpos.esf, stratradar_america.tga, stratradar_brazil.tga, stratradar_east_indies.tga, stratradar_europe.tga, stratradar_india.tga, stratradar_ivory_coast.tga, stratradar_madagascar.tga, trade_routes.esf]
    2018-04-01 20:44:46 DEBUG – ModMinistrator.isInstalled – Checking install status
    2018-04-01 20:44:46 DEBUG – ModMinistrator.isInstalled – Load install status from file
    2018-04-01 20:44:46 INFO – Status.load – Status loaded from file: IS
    2018-04-01 20:44:46 DEBUG – ModMinistrator.isInstalled – Install status is: true
    2018-04-01 20:44:49 INFO – Menu.lambda$createPlayButton$0 – Launching game...
    2018-04-01 20:44:49 INFO – Menu.exitLauncher – Exiting Launcher

After installing the Patch, IS no longer launches. I don't even get a load screen. I was able to install and launch unpatched 1.1, but after installing the Patch, I can't get off the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Quintus Hortensius Hortalus View Post
    Please sent me a is_launcher.log file. It should be in you "Empire Total War" folder or post the content (it's a simple file that can be opened by the textviewer) here in spoilers.
    Well, wouldn't you know it.....I got ETW running by deleting the script files.........99.99% of the solutions are so simple. BUT......I cannot open the .esf file you sent me, do you have another format you can use so 7z can open it?? In the meantime I'm going to reinstall IS:ROTR.
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Vanilla ETW is running but not IS. The SWITCH isn't working. I have screenshots of my install but don't know how to post them.

zimm out
    Last edited by zimmer1lb; April 01, 2018 at 09:34 PM.

Citizen

You don't need to open the .esf file just place it in the IS_Files folder. And again please search for a file called is-launcher.log or IS_Launcher.log. I need this file to be able why the Switch option is not working for you. It should be in the "Empire Total War" folder where also your Imperial Splendour.exe is.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast