5 50.00%
  • Abstain

3 30.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Elder Scrolls Interest Poll

Lucius Malfoy's Avatar Pure-Blood
    Citizen

Default Elder Scrolls Interest Poll

Yep! We got another interest poll for Elder Scrolls! I am feeling more motivated for this due to the Late Roman setting we had recently and a discussion with our own Barry Goldwater.

This will likely be a later development. I have the time to work on it for the next two weeks, but who knows how it will look down the road.

So you will have three choices surrounding the First Empire, the Alessian Empire, post Slave Rebellion and Saint Alessia.

===================================

Early Empire (Pre-Alessian Order) (1st to 3rd Century First Era):
    The fervor of Empress Alessia and her valiant successors has continued to drive the First Empire to greater and greater power. Skyrim remains outside of the Empire as well as much of Tamriel and Cyrodiil. The Empire is young and still has great potential in building upon the legacy of Saint Alessia. The Emperor/Empress have much to do in forming a true nation and their expansion can be thrusted in all directions.

The focus of this setting would be the build up of the Alessian Order (which begins during the reign of the Second Emperor, Belharza the Man-Bull), efforts to unite Cyrodiil and expand the influence of the First Empire.

Middle Empire (Alessian Takeover) (4th to 5th Century First Era):
    The legends of Empress Alessia live on in the doctrines and writings of the Alessian Order, a theocratic faction within the First Empire. During the reign of Emperor/Empress ______, a rise of sympathy towards the Elves has caused trouble for the Alessian Order tenents. Ayleids still rule in minor principalities and there are still people who share their lives with Mer. Shimmering tensions rise as the Alessian Order plots a takeover of the government in order to enforce the teachings of Marukh and the truths of Saint Alessia.

The focus of this setting will begin when the plot of the Alessian Order begins with the assassination of the reigning Emperor/Empress. The Alessian Order will declare this an act of Mer aggression and seek to take control of the government. The question remains on who will succeed the previous ruler and how will the Alessian Arch-Prelate and his zealots seek to enforce their authority across the Empire. Certainly neighboring nations, such as the Colovian Estates and the Nordic Empire, will be worthy grounds to spread their teachings peacefully or by force.

Late Empire (The Collapse of the Alessian Order) (post 10th Century First Era):
    Long have the days of glorified crusades and the zealotry of the Alessian Order passed on. The Battle of Glenumbra Moors in 482 1E has left the the First Empire in a weakened state. The reigning Emperors and Empresses after Gorieus have been unable to recover the state from such a tragic defeat and shimmering tensions with strong neighbors have proven hard to heal. On top of that, internal struggle has arisen within the Alessian Order as heresies have risen, weakening their theocratic hold over the Empire. Some have called for the removal of the Alessian Order, others scream for renewed crusades, the remaining whisper of the Alessian Order's designs to overthrow the monarchy of the Empire and place the nation fully under their control.

The focus of this setting will be rising tensions, external and internal. The First Empire has strong neighbors that could easily exploit their apparent weaknesses. Weak rulers have come and gone, mere puppets of the Alessian Order as they try to keep their strangle hold over the throne. The question remains, will the Empire remove the Alessian Order entirely to survive, will the Alessians seek to overthrow the monarchy in order to make a theocracy under the Arch-Prelate, or can renewed relations between the Order and the Empire give rise to a new age of aggression and renewed hope for the nation?

===================================

Consider the First Empire to most likely appear as Greeks/Etruscans/Early Romans in terms of appearance and society. Round shields, spears and general hoplite appearance for soldiers.

A side note

I am considering keeping magic out of the base game rules until a system is made that can properly represent the variety of magic in this game. We could easily use the IC reasoning of "Mer/Ayleids used magic to summon Daedra and keep us enslaved" as a First Empire citizen's general opinion towards magic. If a magic system is properly made, then reasoning can change IC to incorporate it into the setting. After all, this is the time before the other guilds exist (such as the Mages College) so there is no organ within the Empire that would be around to promote it.

A second side note
    I know some people would love to play Elves/Mer/Ayleids, but I would discourage it only because of the general violent/negative fervor towards them due to the First Empire's history. I won't bar people from it, but be aware and be prepared that your character will be targeted by anti-Mer characters. As a result, they will most certainly die quickly and possibly very violently. Especially in the Middle and Late Empire settings where we have the Alessian Order's greater influence within the nation, who promote anti-Mer fervor.

Please choose 1 or 2 settings in your vote, unless you choose to abstain.

Useful Links
    http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Alessian_Empire
    http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Alessian_Order
    http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Saint_Alessia
    http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/First_Era
    Last edited by Lucius Malfoy; January 31, 2018 at 10:48 PM.
    Gaming Director for the Gaming Staff
    Gaming Director for the Play-by-Post Subforum and the RPG Shed

Lucius Malfoy's Avatar Pure-Blood
    Citizen

Default Re: Elder Scrolls Interest Poll

*Coughs* Barry, I asked for one to two choices lol
    Gaming Director for the Gaming Staff
    Gaming Director for the Play-by-Post Subforum and the RPG Shed

Barry Goldwater's Avatar Mr. Conservative

Whoops, well drop my vote for the Late Empire then

Gonna write this here as I don't really have anywhere else to put it.

I feel like if we do TES it'd be better to do it as an adventure game rather than as a political GoT style board. Unless its set in Morrowind with the Great Houses because that could potentially be pretty neat. Still, I think adventure/D&D would work best.