Thread: The Eagle Standard Interview - Rise of Persia

Default The Eagle Standard Interview - Rise of Persia

An Interview with the Rise of Persia Team

by Perikles

What are the aims and inspiration of this Mod?

Well the original inspiration i believe was down to our founder, Faeghi. Back in the day he was creating the Persian faction for the old mod "Age of Hellas." I myself was poking my un-informed head in and trying to help point him in the right direction. I think eventually Faeghi wanted to do a more independant project focusing on his faction, he was also an Iranian member so this probably influenced him.
    However with the re-birth of Rise of Persia our focus shifted away from the sole faction of Persia and more on the intriguing world of 559 B.C. Now we aim to re-create that world down to a T and give you the chance to battle it out on one of histories most war-torn environments.

What do you think of the 2nd beta? Got any more installments planned?

I think i speak for the whole team when i say how proud we are of our second beta. Just comparing it to our first release is enough to see just how far we have come. Just the incredible recreations of our armies alone are stupifying achievements. Several of our completed factions and a few we have in development have never been re created before in any form!
    In the near future we have a very special expansion planned. Stay tuned because i think the community will certainly enjoy this one!

So who is actually on the RoP team?
    Well the present team consists of our number one guy Nero666 on the throne. Our Fearless leader tackles most of the coding work to implement a full build of Rise of Persia.
    Then we have the historical team comprising of myself (Rez), Zenith Darksea and FliegerAD.
    The rest of the coding/mapping team includes Kasetuh and Spurius. Though Spurius is also responsible for skin jobs, music and breakthroughs such as our agent mod.
    The Graphical team comprises of Goscinio, Vikrant1986 and Kallikratis. All wonderfully talented and horribly underappreciated artists. Recently, this crew has been expanded with the great modeller Herkus.

What advice whould you give to someone starting a new mod?
    Don't give up when it starts getting tough! It always starts out with a grand idea that blossoms as more people offer to help with "research." Eventually it comes down to just getting it done. Don't be afraid to put the hours in because it really pays off.

Why is your mod better than or different to the rest?
    Well not only do we have a unique time period and geographical setting, we have recreated it fantastically. More obviously we have our unique "Agents mod" and soon we will be trying out our greatest breakthrough involving very decisive battles.

If you could make a slogan or catchphrase to go with the mod, what would it be?
    "Where first-class History and innovative gameplay meet"

Any new screenshots or eye candy?
    Yes, we certainly have got something new to show. Soon to be followed by our full Magadh preview, we present to you the Magadh Royal Chariots:

Thanks to the RoP Team, especailly Rez and Nero for doing this - JP
    Last edited by Perikles; April 21, 2007 at 02:37 AM.

Default Re: The Eagle Standard Interview - Rise of Persia

Thanks for posting the interview, it really looks well.
    Automating RTW Coding and Balancing with PHP and MySQL (online)

Lead developer of:

Latest RoP Release: ROP v2.2
    Under the Patronage of the magnificent Rez