Page 1 of 24 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: 1.2.2h Released - Animation Overhaul, Supply System Changes, New Models and more!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Icon4 1.2.2h Released - Animation Overhaul, Supply System Changes, New Models and more!

1.2.2h has now been released as an update to the main mod. Head over to our download thread to check it out!

Download Thread

Update Notes 1.2.2h March 4
    *Only Part 1 updated
    *Save game compatible unless otherwise noted

Animations Overhaul
    - Large FPS improvement in battles due to new animation changes.
    - Many elements of matched combat and prolonged engagements have been removed.
    - Most melee deaths should now end with kill animations rather than the old "heart attack" deaths
    - Much larger variety of kill animations for all unit types
    - New axe, falx and mace animations that better fit the weapon types.
    - New animations for spear archers and various mixed ranged units.
    - New wounded soldier animations rather than basic deaths.
    - Clash animations during infantry charges improved
    - Roman legion and auxilia custom animations - new animation when swords are drawn or pila thrown, press F to select melee instead of pila
    - Custom standard bearer animations for all factions
    - Fast walk/run bug for pikes fixed
    - Improved animations for all basic sword and shield units.
    - Roman infantry missing weapons in formations fixed, pila now properly held in formations.
    - Improved/fixed a couple formation descriptions.
    - New formation for Roman units - Solid Square.

New Models (thanks to assurbanippal!)
    - Added new hellenic cavalry shield for some Macedonian, Epirote and Pergamon units
    - Added new hoplite spear that is slightly longer than the normal spear.

Battle Changes/Fixes
    - Completely new HP/Armor system.
    - Additional tweaks to morale system
    - Weapon types are now more unique and excel at different tasks. Larger differences between ranged weapons.
    - Pikes and hoplites have bigger penalties for being flanked.
    - Units under fire are slower than before and get bracing penalty
    - Many unit stat tweaks, fixed some incorrect animations
    - Tweaks to certain general skills like Battle Rythm which had a bit too big bonuses
    - Removed or reworked hidden unit stat bonuses from general rank
    - Units should be slightly more spaced out when in melee
    - Improved shock attacks from fanatic type spear units.
    - Various changes to stats shown in UI for some unit types.
    - Unarmoured and assault infantry speed slightly increased.
    - Spear units attack slightly lower but their defence is increased
    - Spear units will now do better at defending from enemy charge rather than doing counter charge
    - Cavalry, elephants and chariots now properly cause casualties from charge impact
    - Units with formation attack are now much more balanced, especially vs. regular units
    - Elephants are much more balanced with a large difference in survivability between armored types.
    - Unit stats in general should now be much easier to understand and compare.

Supply System (thanks to Litharion!)
    - Enemies, allies and vassals are now recognized properly by the system.
    - Removed a large amount of redundant/unused code for optimization, improved multiple parts of the script for performance.
    - Reworked supply overproduction shifts to adjacent regions.
    - Fixed winter/summer supply cut not working as intended
    - Reintroduced supply line blocking by enemy armies near your settlements
    - Fixed region tooltip not working under various circumstances
    - Fixed various bugs with supply production
    - Fixed various issues where supply bundles were not being correctly applied
    - Baggage trains: Improved animations, increased unit size, reduced stats and speed, now deploy in rear and have better stats when dismounted.
    - Refined supply line text so its clear it is creating a supply line not adding to existing ones.

Other Fixes/Changes
    - Added multiple new unit cards for older units, thanks to sourav!
    - Fixed hoplite spears disappearing while moving in formation.
    - Replaced some loading screens with new images, thanks to Jim_Riley!
    - Added Macedon to AI major faction defense auto resolve bonus system.
    - Fixed bug when converting british temples to other types.
    - Increased slave forum building's effects on the sell slaves edict.
    - Increased farm impact on the sell food edict income value.
    - Fixed naval land sickness effect reducing wrong stats (dmg and morale), reduced negative a bit to match naval stat inflation.
    - Fixed Pergamon pike unit having wrong shield size.
    - Added some slightly brighter colors for elite/noble Suebi units.
    - Added missing region/auxiliary recruitment to Asia province in IA campaign (new campaign only)
    - Large increase to diplomatic bonus from releasing troops after battle.
    - Fixed Roman civil town's banditry tier 3/4 bonuses.
    - Reduced Melee Attack and Defense bonus values from skills and traits due to new stat system (stats matter more)
    - Lowered loyalty bonus from technologies a bit.
    - Replaced vanilla factional mercenary units for IA Parthia (new campaign only)
    - Fixed Bactrian garrison unit cards.
    - Scabbards removed from Roman sword auxilia to reduce clipping.
    - Roman Eagle standard bearer lion pelt fixed
    - Fixed Scythian foot archers not being recruitable and being assigned to wrong factions in custom battle.
    - Moved Saka lancers down one tier in the barracks line.
    - Fixed AOR Sarmatian Lancers weapon entry.
    - Fixed Roman Scordisci auxiliary infantry unit size.
    - Fixed Lugii political party name typo.
    - Fixed Spartan general's shield being blank.
    - Altered empire government type effects listing so they all show in the UI.
    - Fixed unuseable building slot in IA Numidia region (new campaign only)
    - Re-added Orthia temple for Sparta built off of tier 4 Artemis temple.
    - Fixed Dumnonii emergent faction banner missing icon.
    - Fixed IA Iceni having vanilla factional mercenaries (new campaign only)
    - Fixed Iceni slinger-spearmen unit missing Stamina ability.
    - Fixed Pontic Persian slingers missing from some building types.
    - Increased research bonus for barbarian research buildings.
    - Increased food bonus for Roman forum food/trade building.
    - Added encourage ability to First and Eagle Cohort

Credits
    - Welcome and thanks to our new team member assurbanippal who is working on new models.
    - Thanks again to sourav for his work updating older unit cards.
    - Huge thanks to AllxAMERICAN from Steam for helping with the animation overhaul.
    - Big thanks to Jim_Riley for various new screenshots as loading images.

---------------------------------------------
    Previous Beta Pack (remove once you have the latest mod version)
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Beta Pack: Download (Mirror)
    Now included in the main mod

Last edited by Dresden; March 04, 2018 at 05:53 PM.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Default Re: Beta Test 1.2.2h - Animation Overhaul, Supply System Changes, New Models and more!

that was fast?!!!!!?!

Beedo83's Avatar Civis

Default Re: Beta Test 1.2.2h - Animation Overhaul, Supply System Changes, New Models and more!

I knew that checking here every hour would eventually pay off! Thanks guys.

Congratulations and many thanks!!I have a question if you please; Is the slowed down combat speed making the game easier or is it just me thinking.I found that, even the best of the best units, like argyraspides or evocati cohort, are taking serious amount of time to rout the worst levies.Did the combat speed actually toned down or it just adjusted to battle overhaul? Keeping in mind that there is no way to make AI cleverer, means the human player has more time to react/counter any situations.
    What do you think guys ?

The DEI team is amazing! Will test.

Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar The Ecstasy of Potatoes

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    Animations Overhaul
    - Custom standard bearer animations for all factions

Supply System (thanks to Litharion!)
    - Still various parts like baggage trains being worked on, this is step one of the overhaul
    What kinda standard bearer animations are there? Just a guy holding a pole, or is the standard itself (if its a flag) animated? Also, what exactly will the baggage train be?

I believe the standard bearers mainly defend and wave the standard rather than using it actively.

I am not sure yet on the baggage train but the idea will be to make it more useful, rather than be a situational advantage during certain times (desert, etc)

Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar The Ecstasy of Potatoes

What I mean is, is the baggage train an actual unit, or a campaign map mechanic?

It seems save compatible, maybe not all changes will be included but nothing gonna be broken right?

Quote Originally Posted by Caligula View Post
    What I mean is, is the baggage train an actual unit, or a campaign map mechanic?
    The baggage train has existed for years in the supply system Its a unit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bandaro123 View Post
    It seems save compatible, maybe not all changes will be included but nothing gonna be broken right?
    As always, all updates are save compatible unless otherwise stated.

changes look awesome.

random bug report - takashila heavy swordsmen (1h+shield) have the same weapon dmg as the 2h falx units.

Does ''- Many unit stat tweaks'' contains Arverni unit stats change?
    Last edited by Bandaro123; January 30, 2018 at 06:42 PM.

I've been looking forward to this one, thanks DeI team!

You guys are top notch devs. Appreciate the hard work, effort and care.

Jim_Riley's Avatar Libertus

Disregard issues, I figured it out. Seems despite deactivating a certain particle effects mod, it still jacked everything up.

Removed it entirely because it was redundant. Time for the real test now!
    Last edited by Jim_Riley; January 30, 2018 at 08:32 PM.

For my first piece of feedback, I had 3 units of Legionarii (2 regular, 1 veteran) use all their pila ammo on a single unit of Pontikoi Thorakitai, and didn't get a single kill.

Quote Originally Posted by Falco View Post
    For my first piece of feedback, I had 3 units of Legionarii (2 regular, 1 veteran) use all their pila ammo on a single unit of Pontikoi Thorakitai, and didn't get a single kill.
    probably bad rng, but rest assured a bunch of them should be low health and will fare much worse in the ensuing melee.

unless soemthing is specifically bugged with that unit

Centenarius

I'm getting an alert not to trust the site from Malwarebytes. I haven't had this issue in the past. Would it be possible to add it as a google file download?

Sure, I added a google download link. The mediafire one is the same one I have always used so its not a virus, not sure why it got flagged.

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    Sure, I added a google download link. The mediafire one is the same one I have always used so its not a virus, not sure why it got flagged.
    If you want to be sure about your mods being safe from virus then why not try Nexus and I know every new upload there will be scanned for virus.

PikeStance and WhiskeySykes has already uploaded their mods on Nexus and don't you worry if a Rome2 TW forum doesn't exist, because a forum will be created for every game a mod belongs to.
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

Page 1 of 24 1234567891011 ... LastLast